Meghan's Day of Reckoning

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
weight: 190
hip: 46
thigh: 21.5
neck: 15
waist: 45
chest(not boobies): 38.5
calf: 15.5

My goals:
149 lbs by Nov
Hip: less...lol
waist: 35
neck: 13

For the thigh and calf I am actuqally hoping they increase, because I want to built the muscle back up to where it used to be, but I have no real goal....just an increase.

**1 July**

190#
waist 44 (I measured 43, but decided to let someone else do it so it was more accurate)

**13 Aug**
190 #
waist: 43
hip: 45.25
thigh: 20.5
calf: 15.25
chest: 37

As you can see I haven't lost weight, but I guess I am losing inches. Woohoo. This is why I don't measure every week, I would get discouraged, but seeing that an inch is gone is nice.

**22 Oct**
187#
waist: 41
hip: 44
thigh: 19
calf: 15.5
neck: 14.5

I think things are finally going in the right direction, definately not at the pace I was hoping for, but, eh, beggars can't be choosers.
Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f6...xzz0HZWws0uz&C

Above is the measurements and weights from June 18, 2008 to Oct 2008.

June 5, 2009
180#
waist: 40 (it is a bit under, but hard to tell so I will leave it there for now)
chest: 37.5
hip: 44
thigh: 20 (6 inches above knee cap), 24 at thickest part
calf: 15
neck: 14.25

That isn't as bad as I thought it might be, so I am happy with it. Considering I was pregnant for 6 months and am still less then I was this time last year I am happy with me stats right now.

***June 24, 2009***

182#
waist: 39
hip: 43.5
thigh: 6 inches above knee cap, 20; thickest part 23.75
neck:14
left forearm: 10
left wrist: 6.25
body fat 43.6% I think lol

+++September 17, 2009+++

174.5#
waist 37 (measured 'officially' by fitness personnel, I had measured 38)
chest 36
hip: 43
thigh: 6 inches above knee cap, 21 (woohoo!); thickest part 23 (woot!)
neck: 14
left forearm: 9.5
left wrist: 6
body fat: 29 %(on measurement with thigh, calf, hip, wrist), 41.15% (neck, waist, hips)

November 10, 2009
weight: 168.2
waist: 35.75
chest: 35.75
left wrist: 6.25
left forearm: 10
calf: 15
hip: 41.71 woot!
Thigh: 6 inches above knee cap 20 (lost some from being sick and not weight training for 2 weeks ); thickest part: 22.75, this too could be some muscle loss
So I probably lost some muscle mass due to being sick and unable to work out, but I am still seeing positive results
body fat: 27.8% (TCHW measurement), 38.41% (NWH)

January 9th, 2010
weight: 164
waist: 35.5
chest 35.75
calf: 14.5
hip: 40!!!!!
thigh: knee cap- 20, thickest part: 22.25 woot! fat loss.

body fat: 26.3 (TCHW measurement) 36.15 %(NWH)

February 23, 2010
weight: 155
waist: 33.5
calf: 14.5
hip: 38.5
thigh: mid-thigh- 19.5, fattest part- 22

body fat: 24% (TCHW), 31.67% (NWH), 34.5% (impedence)

March 6, 2010
weight: 155
waist: 33
left wrist:
left forearm: 9.25
calf: 14
hip: 38
thigh: mid- 19, fat part- 21.5

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Last edited by NutMeg76; March 6th, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
June 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I feel like i may actually succeed this time. My body seems to be cooperating and released an inch over the past few weeks.

I am not sure what helped, if it was Tanya's suggestion to do weights before aerobic, or my mom's suggestion to swtich from coffee to tea, or both. But I did indeed lose an inch.

Today my throat feels full, like there is something in there. I am slightly concerned that it might be my thyroid, like a thyroiditis. If it is that too could be causing the weight loss. I guess I need to make a trip downstairs to my PCM.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Woot! 175 this morning. That is my lowest weight since I got pregnant in Nov of 2004. I will do my measurements tomorrow.

Sail Back to Me
September 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
So I measured today. I am happy with the inch I lost. I am really happy about the loss in the fat part of my thigh and the gain above the knee cap...it mans my muscle bulked up a bit, and I lost fat.

As far as the body fat percentage ~I think I used second one in June, so I went down about 1 percent. I don't really trust either one very much. Since I carry my weight primarily in my waist it is hard to make sure they are right. I need to sign up and do the Bod Pod to get a more accurate assessment.

Sail Back to Me
November 10th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I have finally made it under the 170 mark with a weight of 168.2 yesterday. Woohooo!

I added some measurements and will do the rest tonight when I get home.

Sail Back to Me
November 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Added measurements. My body fat is down 2 percentage points..woot!!

Sail Back to Me
January 9th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Body fat is still going down. I really wish I had not been as lax as I was over the holidays. I didn't really gain anything, but I didn't lose either, and I should have.

I am feeling good though. I need to work more on my running. On Monday I am going to run the 5K just to see how well I do.

Sail Back to Me
February 23rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Before I was doing this for mylsef, but also for my job, for my livelihood. Now? It is all for me, and I WILL succeed.

My goal to get a 90 or better on my next fitness test is doable, and I am so excited to make progress.

I have lost between 2-4.5 percent BF since January 9th. My BF goal is 20% by impedence or bod-pod. Maybe I will find somewhere I can get the calipers done, just to see where I am at. I want to be lean, have noticable muscle definition and be able to see my quad without contracting the muscle. I have a ways to go, but I know I can do it.

Today I did tabata jump rope, stationary bike for 15 minutes and strength training. Feels great!

Sail Back to Me
February 27th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Lately I have been eating way too much salty foods. I think it is because AF is on the way. I guess salty snacks is better than sweet though since roasted salted almonds have the same nutrient density as regular raw almonds, and no sugar which I just normally don't eat at all. So a salty craving beats a sweet craving any month.

Today I started my day with bacon and eggs, trying to put the salty craving into a better use. Sine I do normally eat a lot of bacon it isn't adding more salt to the day. Now, just to avoid the other salty treats today.

I am still fluctuating between 155 and 159. I really want to get below 150 sometime during the month of March. Which means I have to get back in the game and stop playing the mind games I have been playing since I passed my fitness test. If i want to achieve my goal of getting to 90+ on my fitness test I need to stop thinking it is okay to skip workouts and eat foods that do not nourish my body. Regardless of the way you choose to eat, having Dunkin Donuts on a regular basis is NOT a good idea. All that processed food garbage, yuck!

Sail Back to Me
March 2nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
So I was thinking about this today. A lot of the people say that they can't do a diet that makes them feel deprived, which of course means they couldn't eat the way I do because it is 'too restrictive'. Yes, it can be in a way. Not eating grains, beans and potatoes is a little difficult at first. But, if you have done the research and realize what those foods do to the human body, it isn't so hard to avoid them. When you realize that they make you feel bad and really we (humans) are not meant to eat them it helps you to be consistent.

But, the funny thing is I DON'T feel deprived. I do not completely forgo all my favorite foods. I just try to avoid the ones that are not healthy...which is what most people should do anyway. The thing is my idea of healthy is just different, instead of limiting calories or fat, I limit grains and beans, is it really that different? When I go out to dinner with a friend and they want Italian, I don't say 'no', I just go and enjoy myself and then get back to normal. Or I make choices of things I can eat without a problem, like some meat and sauteed veggies with a broth based soup and some salad. The thing about it though is that I can eat a pork chop covered with yummy sauce and full of fat and calories without guilt. A person on a regular 'diet' to lose weight would not be able to have it. So they can have the bread, one roll or whatever, but have to eat a salad and pretend to be happy. I get to eat the good stuff and lots of it!

So, no, I don't feel deprived eating this way. I eat tasty food that fills my belly and makes me feel good. What more can you ask for from your food?

Sail Back to Me
March 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I have been struggling with my exercise lately. I want to get rid of the rest of this fat and build lean muscle and it isn't going to happen if I keep being so friggin lazy!

I need a game plan. I need to get the weights from the van so I can workout at home before work.

Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search