Michelle's post baby make-over

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle I love you seriously. You crack me up!!! That diagram is hilarious!! Im right there with ya on failing miserably so far. I just cannot resist the fettucine alfredo! Must. eat. fettucine.!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually was making plans to go to my favorite italian restaurant and get some fettucine, but I have kicked myself in the butt and told myself no. Dangit!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the diagram! lol.

I too love the carbs... In fact I always had to stay pretty strict on Atkins to maintain my weight before getting pregnant - not Induction (the first phase), but still relatively strict. I could never eat more than 50 net grams of carb per day or I'd lose it and eat a ton of junk! Now I need to get strict again and it suuuuuuuuuucks, but just to motivated you... After 4 days of giving up the crap carbs and only eating a little fruit and the occasional whole grain or beans (not every day, more like every other day) I've lost THREE pounds! See, motivation to kick that pasta to the curb!

Good luck baby!
December 5th, 2009, 05:04 AM
n/a
Your willpower is better then mine right now Ashley! mmm, fettuccine

Lauren you are so right - I am the same way with carbs. I know I will see results if I kick them to the curb. I still seem to be in an indulgent mentality from late pregnancy. I must resist! Really, I need some healthy snack foods b/c I love to snack.
December 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, I am cracking up so hard at your diagram! I love reading your posts! I am disappointed to read all of your "I've fallen off track" entries. I sure hope you can find it within to get on track and stay there! Don't get me wrong, I definitely have "cheated" (even though I hate that word) a few times during my time with the trainer. I think you can't live strict all the time, but once you get down to a healthy body fat then you only "have" to live somewhat strick about 90% of the time!

I have had several days of pizza and not working out since stopping with my trianer a month ago and I have not gained ANY weight at all! Actually I probably lost another 2 lbs! I still eat heatlhy most of the time, but fall off sometimes too. Hang in there girl. I have so much faith in you that you WILL get to where you want to be!!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
n/a
Thanks Gwen! That means a lot. I sure do need to commit to this more, b/c I do want it.
December 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
n/a
I have had to return a particular workout dvd twice now b/c it was defective. I think baby Jesus is trying to tell me not to exercise. A Christmas miracle.

Days 9 & 10
I thought about Christmas a lot, and as such I was unable to do a thing. THAT is how focused I am on the holiday season. A new level of commitment here, folks.

Ok, I will get back to writing down everything I eat tomorrow. Scouts honor.

Tomorrow's goals:
I am thinking of something realistic. Gimme a minute . . .
December 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
n/a
Days 11 & 12

Yesterday was a good day! I did an hour of cardio with a latin dance exercise dvd that kicked my butt. And I managed to eat somewhat better. Go me! I have to celebrate even the little successes or half successes to keep me motivated.

I tell ya what though, I am extremely rusty. I used to do ballroom dance, and even met one of the instructors in the Core Rhythms dvd I am doing (Janna Kunitz - she judged a dance competition at my old studio and I won that year!). But wowie I can barely get my hips moving well. It is kind of crazy how much of a toll pregnancy and birth took. My whole body and movement is completely different. But I will get back to be better then I ever was before! Woot! Positive energy y'all.

Yesterday's food:
honey nut cheerios
healthy choice steamers for lunch
kosher beef hot dogs and veggie mix for dinner
tortillas for snack
cookies - but I threw them out after I ate, like 2 STILL, I threw them away!

Goals for today:
Keep up the cardio, do more situps, work with weights some more, eat healthy - always my goal.

[/U]
December 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Great job on keeping it up! I see your ticker has moved even more!! Great job!!! What a fun DVD to do! I should try that, but I would probably feel like an idiot!

As far as your food, do you want some suggestions or not? Or can tell me shut up any time, it won't hurt my feelings! Promise!

December 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
n/a
suggestions are always welcomed
December 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
n/a
Days 13 - 16
Ack! where has the time gone? Am I the only one thinking the holidays are the WORST time to start a diet/exercise plan? Cookies everywhere! My one weakness.

Haha, I have a lot more then one weakness!

I have been working on a lot of projects and playing around with my new camera, so all of my healthy eating and exercise has been inconsistent these last 4 days. Terrible, I know. But still better then before. Just not good enough.

Does anyone have any advice for healthy & easy snacks to have stocked in the house?
December 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
n/a
Days 17 & 18

WOW! 18 days and not much to show for it. I don't mean to be negative; 18 days and not as much progress as I originally had hoped for.

I have been eating healthier, except for today (skipped breakfast), and I have been exercising somewhat regularly! So far it is every other day. But I am trying to get consistent with every day. AND! I bought some pecans to snack on. How healthy am I!? UBER healthy!

These last 18 days I have become a dvd workout junkie. I want to post reviews ofyall the ones I do - my gift to the world. Last night I did Tahitian dancing and oh. my. bejeezus. My hips haven't ached like this in a loooong time. I didn't realize it until after the workout, but my whole body is tight and full of tension. I seriously NEED to stretch everyday. Anyways, those Tahitian dancers are fierce! I had to watch it in slow motion, and practice in front of a mirror before I realized that the way they move their hips like that without moving their ribcage (like you would in Latin dance) is that it is all coming from their quadriceps. Oh my aching quads! But it is good stuff, I tell you what. My legs have always been kind of wussy, so hopefully all this booty bouncing and hip shaking will help me out.

With all that said, I still need to add gym cardio and weights. But my gym is on campus and it closes for winter session, so that won't be until next year. Ah well, I have lots of dvds to keep me going in the meantime.

Goals
Keep it up! Get on regular daily exercise schedule
Get more healthy snacks
Drink more water
December 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Michelle, I was just checking in on ya. How have things been going?

January 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
n/a
Days 19 - 37

OMG I cannot BELIEVE I am at day 37 and I have nothing concrete to show for it. I am feeling really crapola right now.

I am determined to get back on that wagon. To think of where I could be right now at day 37(!) if I had stuck with it. I am going to update my weight tracker and measurements, and then cook up a plan to stick with this.
January 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM
n/a
Days 38 - 40

Uhm, how did 3 days pass already?

Well, I got hit by an imaginary truck and just came out of my coma today So whatareyougonnado, right?

Today's food so far:
black eyed peas - breakfast
2 fish fillets with butter - lunch

Exercise:
Nothing yet, but the day is still young. Sorta.

Oh, and I gained 2 lbs. Phooey.

Last edited by n/a; January 8th, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
January 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM
n/a
New measurements. Ta-DA!

January 5th, 2010, 03:20 PM
n/a
oops dp
January 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
OMG your drawings crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least you are still journaling!! As far as what you had for breakfast and lunch, that's waaaay not enough food!! Do you keep a food journal? It sounds weird, but you definitely have to eat more in order to lose weight. That may be why you are so tired. IDK, just a thought!

January 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You really are the most entertaining person i think ive ever "met"
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
n/a
Days 41 - 43

BIG ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

I organized my exercise videos.
I am *pretty* sure the pain in my knee means I have developed gout.

I know - impressive. Do not feel deterred by my accomplishments though. One day, you too may develop gout. Let that hope be your compass.
January 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol! I will pray for your gout infliction!

Hollie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search