Michelle's post baby make-over

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
n/a
Today is Black Friday. This morning I went window shopping, and looking at all the pretty clothes made me angry. I want to be skinny and gorgeous. I want to wear some cute jeans and boots. I want to fit into my old clothes.

If you follow my journal, I can't promise it will be something you can relate to. I am a petite woman that only began to have weight issues in my early twenties due to PCOS and hypothyroidism, and technically I am not "over-weight". But what I can promise you is a journey that will show results. I had to do this once before to conceive, and now I am doing it again to feel good about myself. I want to be a hot mama. And today, the day after Thanksgiving, is the start of me getting off my lazy butt and being more food conscious once again!

Both my struggle to TTC and my negative birth experience affect my self image, and therefore will affect how these next few months procede. Here is my birth story. (Jack's Birth Story)

My pre-baby pics: from September 2008. It took me 4-5 months to get into this shape. I weighed 98lbs (I am small boned and 5' tall for reference)

And now, my pics of how I look today. I know it isn't terrible, but it just isn't my ideal in both how I feel physically and how I think I look. The jiggly belly has go to go!

GOALS:

Lose 10-12 lbs.
Start: 110, Goal: 98

Eat healthier: No refined carbs, corn, potatoes, white pasta. Limited bread. Basically, my PCOS diet.

Exercise: Weight training, sit-ups, cardio.

Wish me luck! I could use the support
November 27th, 2009, 05:08 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
good luck Michelle! You can do it!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

November 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
n/a
Thanks Jen!
November 28th, 2009, 08:02 AM
n/a
Day 2

So yesterday wasn't so good. When Dustin (my husband) and Jack went for a walk, I stayed at home. Last night before bed, I had a rootbeer float - the perfect topper for a day filled with mashed potatoes, slices of pie, eggnog and pizza for dinner. *hangs head down in shame*

So far today I am calorie free as I wait for my syntheroid to sink in before I have breakfast. Want to know what my easiest breakfast choice is? Frosted flakes. How sad! I guess I will go to the store and buy some type of shredded wheat.

Today's goals: get shredded wheat, avoid sugar, eat extra veggies, stretch, 50 situps, 10 pushups, 20 minutes cardio.

Last edited by n/a; November 29th, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
November 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
good luck hun, you can do it!

November 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
n/a
^ Thank you!

Day 3
Well, I didn't complete any of my exercising goals yesterday. I got caught up in other things, blah blah, Jack monopolized my time, blah blah, I forgot.

BUT, I started on my exercising this morning when I got up at 8am so I could have some progress to report today! Go me! LOL. I did:

5 minutes of cardio - salsa dancing around my living room (it felt like a heck of a lot more then 5 minutes and I was panting up a storm),
50 situps,
10 pushups - omg was that hard! I don't do those girly ones, but still.
10 floor leg lifts for my abs - ouch!,
30 overhead tricep extensions w/ 6lb weight,
30 of those exercises where you raise you arm out to you side with a 2lb weight,
30 pelvic lifts with 16lb Jack sitting on me,
25 minutes of stretching.

Ohh the stretching felt good. I have been more conscious of my posture since my workout as well, which is a very good thing. You should have heard how much creaking and popping was going on in my body this morning. I sounded like an old lady. Hopefully being more active and stretching will help that

FOOD: I found some shredded wheat yesterday morning - frosted. And I had a pot pie, a quesadilla, and 2 apple dumplings. So I think I was good in that I didn't have any chocolate, but one dumpling would have sufficed, and after a pot pie for lunch, I should have skipped the quesadilla. But oh lordy lord do I love bread products. I plan on writing a blog post about that love affair later. This morning I had applesauce (all natural! Ye-ah!) for breakfast. That's better then another apple dumpling!

Goals for the rest of the day:
15 minutes of more cardio - maybe go for a vigorous walk with Jack
a light stretch before bed
50 more situps, 20 more leg lifts
more arm exercises
AVOID the bread products!
drink more water
Work on yesterday's 'eat more veggies' goal

Last edited by n/a; November 29th, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
November 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Michelle!!!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

November 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck.

If you want to keep track of your calories, you should try the myfitnesspal website. I had no idea I was eating so many calories a day till I started that site.

November 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
n/a
Thanks angela!
Thanks for the link Stacey

Day 4
Why is it so hard to avoid certain foods? UGH, it is so frustrating. This weekend, after I get a new stove, things will hopefully get better b/c I will be able to cook more.

The good: my abs are sore this morning, so I must have worked them well yesterday

The bad: I didn't get in any more exercising yesterday, I forgot AGAIN to eat more veggies. I had ANOTHER apple dumpling before bed b/c as a nursing mom if I am hungry when I go to bed I wake up starving my keester off for the middle of the night feeding. I seriously need healthy late night snacks in the house.

And I had pizza yesterday

3 slices

and soda.
I am a carb/sugar ADDICT!!! How depressing.

Today I am having a sub for lunch, but it is on whole wheat, and I actually resisted getting an order of fries. If I can avoid potatoes and bread for dinner and also eat more veggies (and fruit for the matter - I could always use more), then I call that a pretty good day! Except I did skip breakfast. No wonder I feel crummy.

Today's Goals:
50 situps, 20 pushups, stretch, other arm exercises, 15 minutes cardio
Preview the baby/mommy workout dvd I got
Take a shower and get a good exfoliation in there to help perk me up - that is seriously the best I can come up with today to help me feel better.
November 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck Michelle!!! You have TOTALLY motivated me to start a fitness journal!! I have been going to the gym for about the past 1.5 months and working out pretty hardcore (compared to doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, its hardcore to me! ) but I havent really kept a journal or any kind of track of what I eat...which may be why im hung up at only 3lbs of weight loss. I think a journal might make me see what im eating instead of just eating and forgetting! Im doing all I can to make this body better for baby carrying!!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 30th, 2009, 07:57 PM
n/a
I think that is fantastic Ashley!! It is sooo easy to eat and forget, and the food conscious + exercise combo is a winna!

Confession: I went to Trader Joe's tonight and bought some dark chocolate covered shortbread cookies. I have had, like, 8. BUT they are pretty small. And IN MY DEFENSE, they are star shaped and came in a blue box. I am simply celebrating Jewish culture.
November 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bahahaha. You crack me up Michelle!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 1st, 2009, 08:04 AM
n/a
Day 5
So far it has been a lazy day. The goals today are similar to yesterday's since I was too "busy" doing home improvement stuff to do any exercising. Good golly poo-sticks I need to get on track! Well dangnabbit, I WILL fit it in today.

And I also need to find time today to go make a sacrifice to the fitness gods, b/c last night I ate way more then a handful of those cookies. They were like crack.
December 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Michelle Michelle Michelle.....I love reading your journals/blog!! You are just too entertaining! You know I have a lot to say about all of this so just be prepared...first let me ask - are you good with tough love? I can be pretty brutally honest so let me know now if that's what you want/need and that's what I'll do!!!!

Go back and re-read your posts....
Start measuring and weighing ALL of your food
Write down EVERYTHING you eat (and don't cheat...you are only cheating yourself)
Up your cardio...start of with 30 minutes of INTENSE cardio...doesn't have to be intense the entire time, but do some intervals and work up to it!

I'm here for you girly! You WILL get back to that pre-pg body or even smaller!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

I forgot to add something too. Try not to get on that scale every day...only weigh in like every 2 weeks. Also, take your measurments now and buy some fat calipers to check your body fat. Your body fat is SOOOOO much more important than weight and it's a better way to measure how "in shape" you really are. Have your DH hide the scale...that's what i have to do!!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
n/a
I do my best with tough love Gwen

I don't know if I want to write down everything I eat. The mommy police will be after me for not being healthy enough! I take vitamins! I will do it though, you are right Gwen.
December 2nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say good luck, Michelle! I don't have a journal, but I'm working on this right beside you!

Hollie
December 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
n/a
Day 6
I fell off the wagon - big time! I had fettuccine alfredo, and cheesecake today. Oh yes and doughnuts. WHAT IS MY FRICKIN PROBLEM!! I went on a walk today but no cardio. Bah!

I need to get my arse moving. Seriously. I'll be taking measurements later tonight and posting them too.

Tonight's goal: stretch, situps, pushups

Tomorrows goal:
find a better waterbottle
cardio
situps
be positive all day
NO PASTA OR SUGAR!

You know what occurred to me today? While I was sitting here eating fatty fettuccine alfredo, my bodonk-a-donk was literally expanding. Really, if it was my booty getting bigger that wouldn't be a problem - my man likes the junk in da trunk. BUT it's my thighs, muffin top zone and tummy that expands. So lovely. How long does it take for fat cells to grow anyhow? Within minutes or hours after eating? Either way it is a gross thought.

Despite the fact that I feel utterly defeated today, I will keep on making my goals and trying to get into the fitness zone.

Last edited by n/a; December 2nd, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
December 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am too a carb/sugar addict. I am drinking a sprite and munching a chocolate chip cookie as I type!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

December 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the 2lb loss I see on your little ticker thingy!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 4th, 2009, 10:59 AM
n/a
Thanks I should say that I have been fluctuating around those 2 lbs for a while. But it is still nice to see that ticker move.

Days 7 & 8
Ok. I will fully admit it. I have been very bad. I have not exercised at all these last couple of days, and my diet is all but nonexistent. I had cold pizza for breakfast today, and despite the fact that I hardly drink soda, I have had 3 the last couple of days.

Despite this, I am determined to still chronicle my journey, and to actually push my ***** into gear to stick to my diet of healthy eating and activity. I know I can do this, I just have to, well, DO IT! So here are 2 things I have done recently to push myself in the right direction.

1. I am buying a few workout dvds. When Jack is napping or sleeping is the perfect time for me to workout, and having some directed exercise is what I need. I think the DVDs will help a lot to motivate me since I cannot get out to the gym like I want.

2. I took some preliminary measurements. I like tracking measurement loss, so tracking it will help motivate me. I will try to take them every Sunday and update Because my graphic design skills are killer, I have included a handy diagram

I got a little carried away with the pink.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search