Here's to new a new start

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Well, I can't use being pregnant or having a newborn as an excuse anymore. Before I know it my daughter will be celebrating her birthday and I would like to have my photo taken with her. I have been too embarrassed to have my photo taken with her which is pretty sad.

But... enough already, the future starts here - I weighed in at 244lbs. I plan to take 2 years to lose this weight and 1lb a week is fine with me, and I know there will be times when my weight will go up and stabilize, as long as the overall picture after 2 years is good then hurrah!
My tapemeasure only goes up to 40" so was unable to do bust and hips - roll on when they are in the 30's and I can actually measure all over on that tape!

I will weigh in every friday and do measurements maybe once a month or something like that.

Starting Stats

weight - 244lbs BMI 38.2
waist - 41.5"
thigh - 29"
calf - 18.5"
wrist - 7"
arm - 16.5"
neck - 15.75"

I cant add a photo untill done 10 posts.

Ok, I am embarrassed by how big I am. I ate for 200 while pregnant.

I dont know how to add a photo

Last edited by rrm; March 12th, 2010 at 01:21 PM.
February 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Veteran

A treat for starting

Last edited by rrm; March 5th, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
February 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Veteran
Thanks for adding the photo xxx

I am rounding my calories up to the nearest 50 so I have some in the bank as it where - and todays total is:

1800 calories

I am going to go to bed soon as you need to 'snooze to lose' and when I think about it I am lucky if I am getting 3 hours uninterrupted sleep which, while is no excuse, can't have been helping matters.

I hope I have a good day tomorrow. I also hope keeping this online diary helpsl something has got to!
One thing is for sure I can't cope with this extra weight and I do not want my daughter to have such an overweight mummy.

Last edited by rrm; March 1st, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
February 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Unnoficial weigh in, dropped 3lbs since yesterday to 241lbs. BMI 37.7 Obese This will vary over the week, hence it being unnofficial.
Have done well today, I didnt have any chocolate at all (wow) and considering it is af time, double wow!
Will call today 1500 calories.
I lugged a big armchair upstairs earlier which was some feat so that's got to count for exercise!
Will continue to try and be good tomorrow. have turned down the offer of a Roast dinner and pudding.

editing: total ended up at 1600 cals

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
February 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran
2 more lbs dropped, making 5lbs in 2 days. Now at: 239lbs. BMI 37.4 Obese

I don't think the final weekly result will be as impressive as this, i think my weight just fluctuates alot,so I am not getting my hopes up for a massive loss or anything but I am excited for Friday I must admit. I have just got to stick to it.

1700cals today and have done some walking.

I feel a bit better about myself as I am doing well at this so far. I bought a notebook and have got somewhere to record as I go along which helps - everything helps really!

I bought myself a new scarf today to put away for my ''new look'' which is really my ''old look'' just I am too fat for it at the minute. I don't need to buy clothes as all my clothes are fairly new, they are just 10 sizes too small!
I hate wearing what i have to now, but I refuse to buy a full wardrobe in this size - that could be my downfall.
I can't get complacent.

I wanted to wear a hat the other day as it was raining and I put it on and looked in the mirror and all i saw was this huge fat face. There was no way I was going out in that hat, so i got soaked instead and then when my hair was dripping I just ended back up with the huge face anyway. It's moments like this that get me.... sad/upset/angry at myself. i don't want my daughter to ever pick up on this sort of thing becasue it could affect the way she see's herself. I want her to see her mummy trying ona hat and laughing and smiling and posing. little things like these can shape a person I believe.
Well, here's hoping tomorrow I am good.

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
March 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Veteran
238lbs. BMI 37.3 Obese
1500 cals.
It was easy today as I didnt go shopping and didnt have anything appealing in to eat! I can't believe I am down 6lbs already but I know the first 7lb is water, plus add into that it was af week, and also I have alot to lose so maybe a big first loss is to be expected -shame they don't last!!

Just 3 more days to eat before the first real weigh in, and i think I will have to buy some scale batteries incase they run out as showing signs of doing so.

I have also decided that for every Friday I have a weeks loss I am going to treat myself to something by way of incentive/reward,and just to freshen up my wardrobe for when it fits again!
I will make that list tonight and add it in here so I can check it off each week ! (hopefully!)

I did a few floor exercises tonight. I don't feel up to doing anything energetic and probably best not to. I don't want to burn out too soon! Plus I just don't have the time with a young baby to look after, she comes first with me.

Today i am wearing some awful gray joggers. I will be so glad to get back into jeans and cargo pants. This look isnt who I am

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
March 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Veteran
236lbs BMI 37 Obese
1850 cals

Went shopping today and it was hard avoiding what I really wanted to buy, but I did it, I bought low calorie healthy stuff.

I was thinking about how many calories I must have been putting away each day lately and it must have easily been 3000plus some days. And I weighed 1lb less than I do today 2 weeks after I had my daughter!

It was really hot today too and I was boiling in my winter coverall fleece. It's the only coat to fit me and there's no way I want to be wearing it when the Summer comes, I just wont cope and I will melt!

I also made out my reward list, havn't come up with the actual rewards but think it's nicely spaced out to get a treat and soemthing to look forward to.

244lbs start (scarf for wanting to start!)
239lbs - in the 230's
234lbs
229lbs - in the 220's
225lbs
220lbs - 10% target
219lbs - in the 210's
214lbs
209lbs - in the 200's
204lbs
199lbs - in one'derland
196lbs - 20% target
189lbs - in the 180's
184lbs
179lbs - in the 170's
172lbs - 30% target
169lbs - in the 160's
160lbs - 35% target
159lbs - in the 150's and target weight

I will have a think of reward choices.

Well, only 2 more eaty days till the weeks official weigh in!

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
March 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Veteran
237lbs BMI 37.1 Obese
1600 cals

I had a late night last night and ate late, had some steamed fish and veg right before I went to bed, and was up a lb this morning. Have to say though I was hungry for the first time since starting this. But to be hungry once for a start so far of 7lbs, well, it is more than worth it!
I did say 1lb a week and I will be happy, and I would be.

I havn't had 2 minutes to do my reward list yet.

I wore joggers again today which are quite flarey at the ends and they seemed wrong in my boots, honestly i am a right sight these days.
There was a woman infront of me pushing her baby and she looked really smart in a fitted black coat, trousers and boots with a bit of a heal to them, what i would call a yummy mummy I suppose. I feel sorry at times for my daughter, it's just as well she isnt old enough to even have any concept of weight and how people dress.
One thing is for sure though, she is always immaculate so it makes up for me I suppose!

Tomorrow I will have to be really good, I am thinking 1500 calories so i can have a good weigh in on Friday morning, and an early night might help.
I can't wait to get a good bit of this extra weight gone, I am more than ready for this.

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
March 4th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is awesome! You can do it!

March 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Veteran
Thank you, it means alot

So I have been measured as it was late at night when I did my original measurements (I will save a morning one for the end to look impressive with!)
And so far so good, except my arms, I thought I would have seen some loss but they are my hardest place to lose from.

waist - 41" - lost 1/2"
thigh - 28 3/4" - lost 1/4"
calf - 18 1.4" - lost 1/4"
wrist - 6 3/4" - lost 1/4"
arm - 16 1/2" - no loss
neck - 15 1/2" - 1/4"

Total for week one, and in one week = 1 1/4"

(actually that's only 6 days but it's handier for me to measure on a night, so will do that thursday evenings and just count it as a week)

Weigh in today was 236lbs - 8lbs loss BMI 37 Obese
Calories so far at 1250

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.
March 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Veteran
Ok so I am thinking ahead of myself and I need to sort through my wardrobe.

I have fat clothes (these will get chucked out or recycled)
I have my normal wardrobe ( what i will wear again!)
And clothes that were always too small (will make the desician later!)

And I want to sort everything out into seasons, which is something I have always meant to do and just never got round to it, amd I end up just wearing the same things all year round.

I would also like a bit of style in my life!

So, sorting into colours and seasons:
Summer - white, pale pink, pale blue, pale green, lilac, peach, yellow - happy sunny colours

Autumn - brown, cream, teal - soft leafy tree colours

Winter - black, red, dark blue, purple, green - strong definite striking colours

Spring - Mint, lemon, straw - easter egg and daffodil colours!

So tomorrow will set my daughter up on the bed with a load of toys and I will sort through my clothes and have Spring and Fat clothes in the wardrobe and store what's left as best I can.
March 5th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Veteran
Weighed in for week one at 237lbs - making a 7lb loss BMI 37.1 Obese
I am WELL pleased with this

I treat myself to a body oil as a reward

REWARDS SO FAR

244lbs start (scarf for wanting to start!)
239lbs - in the 230's (body oil)

I ended up having only 1250 calories yesterday and it made no difference, I still went up that pound I have been hovering on, so going very low isn't really worth it!

Now just got to continue for another week. It's not really easy because all I want is a giant bar of fruit and nut chocolate

calories today: 1500cals

Last edited by rrm; March 12th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
March 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Veteran
236lbs (again!) BMI 37 Obese
8lbs down
1550 calories

Had a great day, no chocolate!! But that's just because I didn't leave the house, but still.... it counts as a triumph!

My calories are lower than normal because I only had one slice of bread left, so need to do a shop tomorrow. I have been having upto 4 slices a day which is 400 calories worth.

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
March 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Veteran
235lbs BMI 36.8 Obese
9lbs down
1400 calories

Was very pleased to get passed the 236/237 yoyo!
Just realsied I didnt have any chocolate again today!

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
March 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Veteran
(monday)
235lbs BMI 36.8 Obese
1200 calories

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
March 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Veteran
233lbs - 11lbs down BMI 36.5 Obese
1600 calories
I seem to have skipped 234lbs! I am not complaining but not holding my breath that I wont see it in the morning as I seem to be hopping up and down the scales!

I HOPE I can keep this going.
I am eating very boring bland food - salad and vegetables, fruit and cheese and bread and sliced chicken pieces, and with the exception of a bit of chocolate some days, that's pretty much it. You can have a lot for your calories and it is seeing me through. No rumbly tummies and was only hungry for one day so far.

I think eating my lunch with my baby is helping as she can take a couple of hours so I have my dinner and I have to sit there till she's finished, by which time mine has settled nicely an I don't have the urge to have more because it's worn off.
Som so far pretty good!

edit: I havn't cheated as 1600 is fine, but I had what seemed like a cheat!
2 weetabix, milk and a strawberry yoghurt poured over for 500 calories.
All really healthy stuff, but nice and sweet

Last edited by rrm; March 10th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
March 10th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran
234lbs - 10lbs down BMI 36.6 obese
1900calories

Ha, well said I would probably see 234lbs!

Have been a bit stressed today and got a text off my mother asking if I wanted sausages and mashed potato bringing round!!!!!!!!
OMG I nearly flipped!!!!
How many times do I have to say ''DO NOT offer me food'' Grrr, and it's not exactly diet food either.
This always happens when you start to lose weight, you get the spoilers.
If it's a birthday or Xmas they'll buy you chocolates, because oh it's an occasion!
Or those who will start telling you're starving yourself/losing too much/ don't go too thin/etc etc etc, basically a negative opinion or remark when you're mobidly obese! You could go without food for a month and still be overweight!!

Don't they realise that it is hard enough to do this without their inteference?
And I could think ''Oh she was just being nice'' but I am sorry, she wasn't being nice. She was doing the equivelant of offering someone trying to stop smoking a cigarette, or a drinker a drink and she's done this before.

If I am going to have to huff people then so be it - I could literaly die of this weight. I was really feeling aware of that fact that my health was really bad.
I am not going to eat extra calories to please some one else and leave my daughter without a mother because of some ''occasion''!

And breathe!!!!

I am sure fellow slimmers can sympathise with this.
I lost weight before and I fought my way through it against negative opinions and food thrust at me! And I couldnt always resist it because I have weaknesses.

Anyway, that got rid of some of my stress hehe!

On a positive note I am feeling somewhat lighter in myself and a bit healthier.
Eating healthy food does make you feel healthier even if it is what I call boring!

Last edited by rrm; March 11th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
March 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Veteran
234lbs BMI 36.6 Obese
1250 calories (so far)

Thursday night measurements:

waist - 40" (-1") (total -1 1/2")
thigh - 28 1/4" (-1/2") (total - 3/4")
calf - 18 1/2 (+1/4") (total 0")
wrist - 7" (+1/4") (total 0") * wrist might be up due to cleaning, i get swelling since being pregnant)
arm -16 1/4" (-1/4") (total 1/4")
neck - 15" (-1/2") (total 3/4")

= - 2 1/4" (+ 1/2")
Total loss so far= 3 1/4"

Weigh in in the morning, fingers crossed for a 233 weigh in.
March 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Veteran
Official weigh in

233lbs , 4lbs loss this week - total 11lbs down in 2 weeks
BMI 36.5 Obese

1900 calories

new photo, i can see a bit difference in the shape of my stomach.

and my reward

Last edited by rrm; March 13th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
March 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Veteran
232lbs BMI 36.3 Obese 12lbs down
1600 calories (so far)
It's mothers day tomorrow and I have said NO CHOCOLATE.

I went out without fastening my jacket today which is something I havn't done lately. I just decided to let it all hang out today as it was unusually warm.

Last edited by rrm; March 13th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search