Annie's Weightloss Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
got in 45 minutes of cardio and 25mins in the steam room in 2 sessions this morning before class. now if i could get this stinkin' headache to go away my night would be great.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
February 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
had a short workout today. 18 mins on the bike and 15 on the treadmill. 25 mins total in the steamroom and then i took Riley swimming for 30 mins.

missing our Feb. 2012
February 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM
got in 40 mins on the bike and 10 on the treadmill. If the calorie counters function and are accurate i burned over 350 calories in my 50 min workout session toda. Woohoo! that's if they are accurate. I was in the steam room for about 25 minutes total, like always.

I'm giving myself a pat on the back: in the last 4 weeks i've been to the gym 19 times! Go me!

missing our Feb. 2012
February 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
well no weight change this week due to us eating at Red Robin on Sunday. We went to Lincoln saturday night to watch hubby's buddy fight in a cage-fighting match. did good all week and weekend and then blah. I know durin the middle of the week i was down at least 3 lbs, i weight myself every morning just because i'm anal but only count my weekly weigh in because it would be way too much of a PITA to change my ticker every day and that's just kind of pointless since weight will fluctuate by a lb or 2 each day. It just blows my mind that you can physically gain 3 lbs from one meal.

This week i'm just feeling a little discouraged. Here i am starting on my 5th week and all i'm down is 3lbs. I know that i've lost 3 inches from my 3 week measurments and i'll remeasure this suday at the end of 5 weeks\ and i know that inches are important as well but i'd really like to see that scale go down more. I was hoping for at least 2lbs a week and i really didn't think that was expecting too much. I feel like i've done a lot of work for nothing

On the good side i know that my stamina and energy level have increased so i shouldn't be so hard on myself as the scale is just a number but it's hard when that number doesn't change much or at all.

so here is my unchanged ticker:

I didn't get a workout in sunday due to us being in Lincon but we did take riley to a place called "lost in fun" that is an indoor play area that has 3 bouncy houses, swingsets, and a foam pit. we were there for probably an hour and a half if not more. For those interested a foam pit is a very good workout JJ and I were both sweating climbing in the bouncy houses with Riley and then we took him to the foam pit. It was probably a good 4 1/2 ft deep and 12 ft or so across filled with cubes of nerf foam. Riley and the other little kids are light enough that they just kind of lay on top of the foam but adults sink down to waist level and its not like a ball pit where you can "wade" across with no problem, you have to lift your legs to the top of the foam and step down and you only make it a few inches at a time rather than normal strides like when walking. It sucked but at the same time was fun at the same time.

Last nights workout was another short one, i woke up with a sore throat on sunday and yesterday just didn't have any energy but i still went hoping the steam room would help clear me up a little. i did 7.5 miles on the expresso bike in just over 30 mins and about 15 minutes in the steam room. i couldn't stand being in there it smelled so awful like sewage or something. it was bad. I asked the girl at the front desk to put in a maintenance request in for it so hopefully tonight it'll smell better or be fixed or something.

missing our Feb. 2012
February 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
To change things up last night i timed myself jogging/walking a mile on the indoor track. I did it in 17mins flat. Takes 13 laps on our track to go a mile, i walked 3, jogged 2, walked 4, jogged 3, and walked the last lap. I haven't been timed on a mile since like 10th grade when i was 15 for the fittness tests during PE which they always do in april/may before final grades. Nearly 13 years ago I think my times back then were usually 17-18 mins so i wasn't too far off and maybe a little better. I think i'm gonna try doing a mile on the track once a week or every 2 weeks and see if i can slowly improve my time. Somewhere down the line I would like to be able to run a 12-13 minute mile just for myself to say that i can do it. After my mile and a short cool down i headed to the steam room like always, at least it didn't stink like the night before!

No gym today, this week is only going to a 4-day gym week, i'm still congested and feeling blah so i'm taking it easy this week and hoping i feel better.

missing our Feb. 2012
February 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Didn't get thursdays workout posted. I walked 2 miles in 45 mins at an incline of 1 and at 2.7mph for a majority of it. Sat in the steamroom for a total of 25 mins. Friday I didn't make it to the gym i was achey and congested and in general...miserable. I worked saturday and afterwards had a baby shower for my neice to go to. felt decent saturday night. 4am this morning I woke up and made a mad dash to the bathroom. i didn't get back to bed until after 10am. Suffice it to say there is nothing in my digestive track took 4 doses of imodium a-d to get to the point where i could fall asleep. I had to have got the flu. i've never been so miserable in my life. so when i finally woke up at 4pm this afternoon and weighed in I was down to 211 but the bad news it is all probably water weight and i'll gain it back over the week Sure was nice to see 5lbs gone though.
so here's my new ticker:

and here's my updated measurments and stats:

2/7
Bust: 45.5:
Waist: 45"
Hips: 52"
Biceps (L & R): 16" each
Thighs (L & R): 31" each
Calves (L & R): 16" each

2/20
Bust: 44.5"
Waist: 44.5"
Hips: 51.5"
Biceps (L & R): 15.75" each
Thighs (L & R): 30.25" each

Inches lost as of 2/7: 3"
Difference between 2/7 and 2/20 measurments: 4"
Total inches lost: 7"
Total weight lost: 8 lbs.

Hopefully whatever I have or had has went away and i can get back to working out this week

missing our Feb. 2012
February 21st, 2011, 10:36 PM
walked 25mins on the treadmill at an incline of 2 and speed of 2.7mph and sat in the steam room for 25mins. not much else to report. just trying to get back in the swing of things. now hubby is sick. fun times....

missing our Feb. 2012
February 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM
well this week just went to h.e.l.l. in a handbasket...blah. i'll post more later. Total for the week i only made it to the gym one time. i feel so frickin' lazy.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 9th, 2011, 01:20 AM
so obviously the 21st was the last time i went to the gym. life has been hectic the last couple weeks. The last time I went to the gym I was just getting over being sick. Then JJ's dad drove up for an emergency visit. JJ's uncle in Texas passed away (his dad's foster brother) and he had drove down there from Idaho to help straighten out affairs since he didn't have a will written out. He was here the night of 23rd through the 25th. Saturday's i don't go to the gym because of work in the morning and the gym having short hours. Sunday the 27th was Riley's b-day party, and 28th through last saturday I worked night shifts for nothing thanks to my dumb school. I had registered in January for my CNA course, it's 3 weeks long and I have to have it done before August. It was supposed to go from the 28th of Feb to the 18th of March with the 3rd week falling over springbreak, hence the reason I signed up for that class time. They only offer it during the day which I have 2 other classes at the college during the days from Tues-Thurs. I can make arrangements to miss 2 weeks of classes but 3 weeks is not doable, there is way too much stuff that I would miss. So i had my schedule rearranged at work for this, made arrangements with my teachers to have alternate coursework that I could complete on my own and thursday the 24th I get a message that the class was canceled due to "low enrollment" and she's sign me up for the next day class on 3/28. well that doens't work. I was pissed. I was a lot nicer to the lady than i should have been when i went in to see what other time frames there were since I can't do any other courses during the school year. I ended up signing up for the night course in the summer which instead of 3 weeks it runs 4 weeks and is from 6-10pm. The day course is 7 hours long so for that I'll take an extra week to cover it and not have to rearrange my work schedule and create more work for the schedulers. so enough kavetchng about that.

I finally went back to the gym tonight after a 2+ week hiatus(sp?) I didn't do much tonight as we had to go grocery shopping afterwards so I ran my mile that i haven't done in 3 weeks now. I knocked off 1min 45 seconds off my previous time. I was at a 17min mile and now i'm down to 15:15. Not bad for taking 2 weeks off. And another sad thing is that I never had that good of a mile in high school gym and i'm 12 years older. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also got 10 minutes in the steam room, i'm going to have to work my way back up to 2 sessions again.

This past weekend i wasn't a total lazy butt though, saturday before i went into work we pulled Riley in his wagon to the local baseball park about a mile away and let him run around, so total round trip was about 2 miles of walking and sunday we spent an hour raking half of our front lawn since we were lazy and didn't do it this past fall and we both worked up a pretty good sweat even though it was only 45* out or so. And we still have half the yard to do yet....ugh.

So between recovering from being sick and gaining back whatever water weight i lost from the most horrible upset stomach and not working out 2 weeks i'm now back at 217. I wish i wasn't but it's my own fault. so here is my updated ticker:

I'm also due to update my measurements, again i don't want to after 2 weeks of not doing anything, but it is what it is, i'll post those tomorrow since it's late.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
recap and updated measurements:

2/20
Bust: 44.5"
Waist: 44.5"
Thighs (L & R): 30.25" each

3/9
Bust: 45" (+0.5")
Waist: 43.75" (-0.75")
Hips: 51.5" (no change)
Biceps (L & R): 15.75" each (no change)
Thighs (L & R): 29.5" each (-0.75" each)
Calves (L & R): 15.75" each (-0.25" each)

Inches lost as of 2/20: 7"
Difference between 2/20 and 3/9 measurments: -2.25"
Total inches lost: 9.25"

well at least my inches seem to be going away even though i don't see much of a difference. I take that back...i've noticed i can get my bra one notch tighter!

Today's workout: 45 mins of cardio- 6.55 miles on the bike in 30mins with an average speed of 13mph. I also did 7.5mins on the treadmill at 2.7mph incline of 2 and 7.5mins on the eliptical at 3.8mph. And i sat in the steamroom for 15 mins too.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good job on the mile time!! That's an awesome improvement!

March 14th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I didn't post my workout from Saturday morning. jogged/walked a mile on the treadmill at 17:01. I wasn't really trying to maintain my time or anything. I'm frickin' sore from that! you would think i would be more sore from the hard indoor track than the treadmill that has a little "bounce" in it. Go figure. No workout sunday, the time changed as me all screwed up and monday Riley had his first swim lesson. My only exercise Monday was wondering around Sam's Club and Kohl's

missing our Feb. 2012
March 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Made it to the gym a total of 1 time last week, on friday (3/18) with my SIL, a friend, and my SIL's mom. I walked a mile on the treadmill (3.0mph and 20 minutes) and then jogged my mile on the track. I'm now down to a 15:02 mile. that's 1:58 off my original starting time. Now if i can just get back into working out to build my stamina back up. plus 10mins in the steam room.

Yesterday (3/21) i did a 24+ minute bike ride, 5.45 miles total. My SIL was supposed to meet me and our friend at the gym to do a pilates class, she never showed and me and our friend missed the start of the class so i headed back up to the treadmill and walked 15mins at 3.0mph and then 10mins in the steam room. Riley has swim lessons on mondays at 6:15 so I left to get him ready for his lesson.

No weight change (Luckily!!) but i'm not sure about my measurments, i'll have to post them later as well as an updated pic.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Measurement recap and update:

3/9
Bust: 45"
Waist: 43.75"
Thighs (L & R): 29.5" each
Calves (L & R): 15.75" each

3/22
Bust: 45" (no change)
Waist: 44.75" (+ 1")
Hips: 51" (-0.5")
Biceps (L & R): 15.75" each (no change)
Thighs (L & R): 29.75" each (+.5" each)
Calves (L & R): 15.5" each (-0.25" each)

Inches lost as of 3/9: 9.25"
Difference between 3/9 and 3/22 measurments: +1"
Total inches lost: 8.25"

So over all i gained an inch back but that's what I get for not working out regularly. No change on the weight so i'm not going to update my ticker. I'll have to have hubby help me get updated pics tomorrow night, he took Riley to the circus with the camera (and failed to take pics! grumble grumble) tonight so i didn't have the camera.

Went to Zumba tonight with my friend, an hour long class and i was sweating halfway through also sat in the steam room for 15 minutes.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
34:23 mile bike ride (7.0 miles). Can i just say how much i love the Expresso bikes? It's nasty windy out but i went on a "ride" through a super hilly apple orchard in vermont. And then i sweated my butt off in the steam room for 15 mins.

missing our Feb. 2012
March 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Talk about mommy brain, i can't remember if i went to the gym Thursday night or not. I don't think i did though. Friday and Saturday I know i didn't, Friday was spent with my BFF and saturday we went to the health fair. Sunday JJ and I took Riley swimming for nearly an hour, he had a blast especially watching mommy jump off the diving board (a low one). Talk about an adrenaline rush. And to think when i was younger (preteens) i used to have the balls to jump off the high diving board
Monday I didn't do squat other than take Riley to his swim lesson.
Tonight (Tues) I went to Zumba again and took riley swimming for 45 mins. with about 15 minutes left of swimming he was on my back piggyback ride style and i half swam/doggy paddled the 2/3's the lenght of the pool in laps. he thought it was the best thing ever.

missing our Feb. 2012
April 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
gosh i'm having such a hard time getting back on the wagon and i was doing so good with going to the gym. enough whining.

Yesterday we took the dogs for a walk around a local lake and i pulled Riley in his wagon around it. Total of just over 2 miles. then while daddy was jogging a lap Riley and i played on the playground at the lake.

Today I met my SIL at another park/camping area with a walking path. The kids played on the playground for half an hour or so and then we walked around the path which is just over a mile i believe. Riley walked about half of it and i ended up carrying him as a piggyback ride and sitting on my shoulders the rest of the way. Afterwards Riley and I met daddy and went to the gym. Walked 10 minutes on the treadmill and 3.35 miles (15 mins) on the expresso bike. Did a 10min. round in the steam room, 10min round in the sauna, a 5 min. cool down and and second 5min. round in the steam room. I was going to take the dogs for a walk after supper but it got too chilly out too fast. Maybe in the morning i'll get riley's wagon or stroller out and take them. they need exercise as much as i do. lazy mutts sleep on the bed all day wish i had that luxury!

missing our Feb. 2012
April 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Walked the lazy pooches 2.5+ miles today, went to the gym and rode 5.5miles on the expresso bike, and sat in the steam room for 15mins and did a total of 80 crunches while in there. 4 sets of 20: 2 sets of a modified bicycle cruch and 2 sets of regular crunches. and i limited myself to 1 soda today

on a side note i need to weigh the pooches and see how much they weigh. they are both are about 5lbs or so overweight which for little dogs is a lot. that way we can see how much they loose over the summer.

missing our Feb. 2012
April 20th, 2011, 12:08 AM
got in an hour of cardio at the gym today, 5.1 miles/21:30mins on the bike and 1.89miles/40 mins on the treadmill. 10 mins in the steamroom and 10 mins in the sauna. gotta get back into working out. On the plus side, i haven't weighed myself since monday morning. I hid the scale in a closet. i swear i'd weigh myself everytime i went pee way too discouraging. I've been soo tempted but havne't, haven't even weighed myself at the gym. Monday morning will be my next weighin and measurement check. also need to start doing my weight training again on top of my cardio.

missing our Feb. 2012
April 28th, 2011, 11:13 PM
LOL, my time stamp from my last post threw me off. That was a workout from 4/19. Made it to the gym thrusday 4/21 and got 40 mins of cardio, 15 on the bike and 25 on the treadmill, plus an upperbody weight lifting session and the steam room for 15 mins. Friday I got i think 30mins of walking on the treadmill in and went into the steam room for 15 mins. Had a good night until saturday morning when i realized i couldn't find my microbiology book before work.

I had it at the gym while walking on the treadmill and when i got to the steam room i went directly to that area not stopping in the locker room to take my shoes off and put them in my locker. I keep forgetting to take my flipflops and have noticed the last few times that the bottom of my feet burn after getting out of the steam room and walking across the floor with wet feet. I was like crap, do i have athletes foot and then figured out that it goes away as soon as my feet dry off and not constant burning like i would think athletes foot would be. They use simple green as a cleaner and i've had problems with it in the past irritating my skin and giving me headaches and what not and i think that's what it is. Anyway the fitness center's locker room and the hot tub and sauna and steam room are a key-access area, you go through a keyed door and there is a 6-8ft hallway with a door on the left to go to the locker room and the door on the right to go to the hot tub and sauna/steam room. The mens side is set up the same way on the locker room is on the right side and door to the hot tub/saunas on the left. i went right into the steam room area took my shoes off and set my shoes and book outside the plate glass door of the steam room, again still in the private area, not everyone in the gym has access to it, was in the room for 15mins and got my shoes on and went and picked up Riley from child watch.

I can't for the life of me remember picking up my book when i left the steam room area. Called the gym saturay morning, they don't have it. Searched the gym/locker room and steam room area when i worked out saturday afternoon (hour on the treadmill and 15mins in the steam room) it wasn't there. Monday i had them review the security video, the camera points to the men's side of the entrance to the steam room area and covers the doors to the steam room and sauna but at an angle. they see me come in and set stuff by the wall but couldn't tell what i put down, i go into the steam room, 3 guys come in from the mens locker room door while i was in the room, i come out, grab stuff and leave the cameras view. They checked the video of when i came into child watch to pick up riley and i have no book in my hand.

So someone came in from the women's side off camera, never came on camera, grabbed my book and split the only textbook store in town is not buying the book back i found out monday so i have the last laugh there, dirty bastards, and i think it's worth maybe $15-20 online since a new version is coming out this fall. who the heck steals a microbiology text book, i'm laughing now because it's soo dumb but i had to rent a textbook to get me through the last 2 weeks of class. Luckly thanks to Chegg's 21-day return policy i'll get everything back but my shipping cost. what turds people can be, in the Y of all places. But off my rant now the last time i was at the gym was saturday, i really need to step it up.

missing our Feb. 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search