Annie's Weightloss Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies Thought I would start a journal to help keep me on track

Just a refresher. I'm Annie, mommy to Riley and wife to JJ. I'm 27 and will be 28 in May. Currently I'm at my highest non-pregnancy weight in my life, 219 lbs. When pregnant, the day before delivering my son I weighed 220 and I'm literally a pound away from being that heavy again. At the beginning of the summer I started off at 213 and we worked out and dieted this summer and I lost 12 lbs and was down to 201 (i could not for the life of me get under 200 grrrrrr) but since school started in the Fall I hadn't had much time to workout like I would like.

This year I'm making myself a priority. I refuse to start Nursing school this fall as heavy as I am. Ultimately I would love to get down to anywhere between 105 and 120lb, which ever looks good on my frame or anywhere in between. According to the myfitness pal BMI calculator based on my height (5'1" i should weigh anywhere between 97.9 ( like THAT will occur!) to 132.3 to have a healthy BMI. So my goal between 105 and 120 will fit perfectly in the middle of that.

I'm busting out the food scale as of today and watching my portions again. I will make sure I have time to eat breakfast as that is one of my 2 biggest downfalls and the other being soda. I will limit it to 1 a day (which i've already had my ration for today ) and hopefully within 2 weeks or less i'll cut even that 1 soda out and just stick to water/tea/crystal light mixes. I plan to document my gym habits here, i made a spreadsheet to take with me to the gym to keep track of my reps/sets/weights that i do. That was my problem before is that I'd do my workout one day and 2 days later not sure what weight I did it at so I was really bad at periodically bumping up my weight/reps. so here is my ticker, i'll probably update it once a week and i'll do measurements every couple of weeks. I'll try and get those posted tonight or tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

So today I made it to the gym and did 20 minutes(normally i do 30-40 minutes on the treadmill walking but we went sledding this afternoon for about an hour and the hillclimbing wore me out so i figured that count for half of my workout) on the eliptical, i did my upper body and mid-body weights along with my abs. Tomorrow will be cardio again and a little bit of upper body, abs, and focusing on my lower body. I also sat in the sauna for 5 minutes before they announced that the fitness center portion of the Y, where the hot tub, sauna, and steam room are) was closing. It always closes 10-15 minutes before the rest of the gym. My favorite thing to do post-workout is to sit in the steam room, it is soooo relaxing to me but it's been out of service for like the last 2 weeks. I just am not a fan of the sauna but i'm using it or i just don't feel the same after my workout

So that's my first entry. Hopefully I'll have a few followers to keep my accountable on my journy to health

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; January 31st, 2011 at 07:55 PM.
January 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
made it to the gym tonight. 2 in a row. Woohoo! Baby steps, baby steps Did 20mins on the eliptical again and thought I was going to die 3 minutes in because my legs were a tad bit sore from doing it yesterday. But I survived. Also did 10 mins on the treadmill. My pace on the eliptical was between 3.6-3.8 mph and on the treadmill i putzed around at 2.6 mph. I did my mid and lower body workout and hubby and i relaxed in the sauna for 15 minutes. And no calls to come change a poopy diaper LOL. Usually when we're in the steam room or sauna one of the child watch ladies hunts us down because Riley will have had a dirty diaper. For some reason their intercom doesn't work in the area with the steam room/sauna. It never fails that one of them has to come find us LOL. On the other note my whine for the week is "hurry up and fix the steam room!" :crying: that's my favorite spot after a good workout and i can't go to it because it's broke.

Now I have a question for anyone who feels like responding (which by the way, feel free to comment as much or as little as you want!), how often do you bump your weights/reps/sets up when working out? As in my first post i'm not the best at remembering what i've done and when to bump it up, etc. I will be doing my upper body twice a week and my lower body twice a week. like on my incline chest press I started out at 30lbs of weight and 2 sets of 12 reps. So when should I bump up my weights or sets, after 6 workouts at the same weight/set/reps or should I go longer before bumping? and should I just add more reps to my sets before going up in weight? ???

missing our Feb. 2012
January 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
forgot to post last nights workout. Our Y has the expresso virtual bike ride machines. I chose one of the moderate "rides" as the last 2 summers I have carted riley around in a bike cart and i'm not a beginning bike rider. Man that "route" i chose kicked my behind! It was a 7 mile course and took 35 minutes. I think i was sweating like 5 minutes into it Of course I did my upper body workout as well.

Today I went to the gym at noon because wednesdays I have a late afternoon class that goes past the normal time we head to the gym so I went earlier. I cut my cardio down to 15 minutes because I was pressed for time and did my upper body workout. I won't be able to make it to the gym tomorrow night because of another class (unless they end up canceling due to the weather) so I plan on just doing a total cardio workout on friday night when we go. probably a little treadmill, a little eliptical and another bike ride.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 21st, 2011, 06:07 PM
woohoo! go me! i made it to the gym 5 times this week I did almost an hour of cardio tonight: 20 minutes on the eliptical, a 16min "bike ride," and 15mins on the treadmill. Probably won't go tomorrow but i'm thinking of starting my 30 day shred video tomorrow and doing that at night before bed. Usually i only do 30mins of cardio so doing that will help me get the rest of my daily cardio.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
keep up the good work!!!!

January 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM
well i didn't start my 30ds video last night because we wen't cosmic bowling so at least i wasn't home sitting on my behind it was riley's second time going bowling and he was excited from the moment we walked in the door of the bowling alley I'm going to try to start it tonight but we'll see, i still have to run to the grocery store and i'm waiting for hubby to go to his buddy's house down the street as me and riley are going to go buy him a tv as a belated birthday present. His bday was the 14th and i got paid friday but was waiting for the advertisements from today's paper to see who has what I want for less. our tv is an older style block tv, I call it a console tv but it's not one of the old school wood case console tv's. it's on the fritz, most times the picture takes up the whole screen but if we bump the floor walking just right the picture caves in on each side for a better lack of a word. Time for a new one hehe! No gym today seeing as how they closed 8 minutes ago.

Anyway, for my first week i'm down 2 lbs to 217! woohoo!
here's my updated ticker:

also here are my pics from last sunday, they are post workout so please excuse my frumpiness

and here are measurments from today, i didn't get them taken last week:
Bust: 45"
Waist: 46.5"
Hips: 53"
Biceps: L & R: 16" each
Thighs: L & R: 16" each
Calves: L & R: 16.5" each

I'll probably update pics and measurments once a month but my weight ticker i'll update every week. I think i'm going to give up soda as of today, haven't had one yet and don't plan to. I cheated a couple of days last week and had 2 on a couple of days instead of 1 a day but I usually felt pretty good up until i had a soda and once finished with it i'd feel sluggish so i'm just going to cut it out since i've already sort of weaned myself down.

missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; January 31st, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
January 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
haha so i'm giving up on the idea of doing the 30ds. i just keep putting it off. Maybe if i do it before going to the gym. Not having any luck being motivated enough to do it after going to the gym between supper and getting ready for bed.
Did another "bike ride" tonight. Kind of was frustrated the whole time. Something happened to the calibration with the steering on the machine i was using so you had to continually hold the handle bars to the left to even go straight and then when you had to right it over corrected and it would ride along the "edge" of the trail. grrr. I had to deal with it for 30 minutes because i didn't want to stop in the middle of my "trail" and switch machines. Other than that the rest of y workout was good, upper body and sat in the sauna. I really wish they would get the steam room back up and running. it's getting a little old. I don't feel like the sauna is as relaxing to me as the steam room.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM
it's fixed, it's fixed, IT'S FIXED!!! steam room is fixed! i feel complete after my workouts again LOL! i did a 30 minute walk on the treadmil and a 15 minute "chase" on the expresso bike where you collect coins and whatnot while riding. lower body workout and i sat in my beloved steam room for 20 minutes.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
i got in 45 minutes on the treadmill today (made it 2 miles, woohoo!) my upperbody, and 15 minutes in the steam room all before class. gym tomorrow and either friday or saturday. Friday or saturay's workout will be tricky. we're going to omaha for the weekend. we're leaving friday afternoon so unless i get off work early enough to leave riley at the sitters so i can work out otherwise i'll have to locate a Y in omaha and get my workout in there on saturday...we'll see how it goes!

missing our Feb. 2012
January 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doing good! Keep on track

Oct '11 June '12
January 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
so this weekend was a total bust Thursday I got my exercise in. Hubby and i went on a "bike ride" together and i did my lower body. Friday I didn't make it to the gym between getting off work at 230 and then getting packed and ready to head out of town. We went out to Outback for dinner in Omaha :drool: I did very well with my portions friday night but blew it the rest of the weekend. i cut my steak in half and my baked potato and got a box for it. Saturday morning we had cereal (which is normal at home), we had our eye appointments and ended up eating at the mall food court for lunch and Saturday night we ate out at a mexican resturant and sunday we ate out all 3 meals I swear we do it every time we go to omaha. I wanted to go to the grocery store and get chicken or something to grill while we were there at our friends house but it never happened. The gym never happened on saturday either. I wasn't completely sedentary, we wandered around the malls on both saturday and sunday and we helped clean and rearrange 2 bedrooms for my friend (she's due with a little boy here in a few weeks so we helped her and her bf move their daughter's room and get the nursery cleaned out and painted) but it wasn't the get down and sweat kind of movement. Sunday night we got back home late and the gym was already closed.
I'm back on track as of today. Made it to the gym and got a 35 minute bike ride in along with my upper body. After all the crapola we ate this weekend I gained a pound back which I figured it would be worse than that. Ugh. I just have to work harder to get back to where i was. Here's my updated ticker:

On the plus side one thing i did stick to was no soda: I have been soda free for over a week now! Go me!

missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; January 31st, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
February 1st, 2011, 09:36 PM
whew i worked my butt off (or tried too!) to make up for this past weekend. I did level 1 of 30 Day Shred before going to the gym, it was a good 20+ minute warm up. Got Riley and myself all bundled up and headed out. I did a "bike ride" and knocked nearly 2 minutes off my time from my first attempt so instead of having a 37 minute "ride" i had a 35 minute "ride." Did my lower body workout and sat in the warm humid air of the steam room for 15 minutes(trying to forget the below zero windchill that awaited for us outside). After picking Riley up from Child Watch and bundling back up I proceeded to try and freeze more of my butt off on the 3 minute drive home (it didn't work unforunately ) Once we got home hubby was in the basement doing one of the P90X dvds so while defrosting hamburger and preheating the oven for supper i *attempted* to do the ab routine video with him, it's 15 minutes and i was able to *maybe* get 5-8 of each of the little segments done with him and that's if i'm lucky. I will definitely have to drop some weight before jumpping into that program full force. I'm going to try and do my 30DS video this entire month. Day 1 is down and i'm not sore yet, we'll see how i feel after tomorrows video.

missing our Feb. 2012
February 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
day 2 of 30DS is completed. Walked 30 minutes on the treadmill and did my upper body weights and chilled (or warmed up rather) in the steam room for 15 minutes this morning. if i can get my butt up and get to the gym in the morning and go to the gym i'll be on track to go to the gym 5 days this week! woohoo!

missing our Feb. 2012
February 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Day 3 of "Shred" done. walked 35 minutes on the treadmill (i've been multitasking and reading homework while walking-makes the time go by soooo much faster!) and my lower body routine. I'm done with weights for the week. Woohoo! And i totally have to pat myself on the back: 3 weeks in a row that i've made it to the gym 4+ times during the week. So much better than the once every 2 weeks i was getting in previously!

missing our Feb. 2012
February 4th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Hi, I was just reading through your journal. Keep up the good work!

I am 5'1 also and I am aiming for 135lbs (I'll even be happy with 140). I know that is still a lot for me but right now it seems more realistic than 100 lbs.

What do you think is the hardest part to weight loss? For me it is being consistent and learning to not eat out of boredom or frustration. I have to work on those things.
February 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
sticking to it is the hardest part right now. and making sure as you said, i'm not eating just to eat. like right now all i want to do is go take a nap....but i know i need to go to the gym as well and won't feel as tired after i go.

missing our Feb. 2012
February 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
5 nights at the gym this week. woohoo! tonight was my cardio night. 33mins on a "bike ride" and 27 on the treadmill followed by two 15 minute sessions in the steam room. I'm pooped, its been a long week. Oh and day 4 of shred has been completed as well. I'm on a roll!

missing our Feb. 2012
February 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I took yesterday off completely. no 30ds or anything. i was just exhausted after this week. I really don't feel like working out today but i'm going to do my 30ds video and take riley swimming at the Y...that counts right?

missing our Feb. 2012
February 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
so i slacked off on 30ds yet again. didn't get it done yesterday or today and i was doing soo good Yesterday i took riley swimming which was more like me dragging him around from the 3ft end to the 5ft end. So i went 45 mins doing a "light" water aerobics workout Then i sat in the steam room for 10 minutes.

Today I did 20 minutes walking on the treadmill and i bumped up the pace from my normal one. I bumped up the number of reps that i did with my weight lifting and sat in the steam room for 2 10 minute sessions.

I didn't get my stats from yesterday posted so here goes.
my weight in I was at 216. Woohoo! down 2 pounds

so here's my updated ticker.

and here are my measurments from tonight, On the top is my measurements from 1/23 and underneath are my measurments from 2/7

1/23
Bust: 45"
Waist: 46.5"
Hips: 53"
Biceps: L & R: 16" each
Thighs: L & R: 16" each
Calves: L & R: 16.5" each

2/7
Bust: 45.5:
Waist: 45"
Hips: 52"
Biceps (L & R): 16" each
Thighs (L & R): 31" each ((haha. totally didn't realize i mis-typed the thigh measurement and i don't have my original measurment)
Calves (L & R): 16" each

so over 2 weeks i've lost (not including the thigh measurment) a total of 3 inches from my body

missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; February 7th, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
February 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM
so i totally don't feel like doing crapola this week. it's too frickin' cold and i just want to sit on my behind and veg out. so instead i decided just to use this as a recovery week and i'm going to do cardio all week long and next week i'll pick up on the weights again. i got in a 30 minute bike ride and like 12 minutes on the treadmill before i called it quits.

missing our Feb. 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search