Kayla's Weightloss Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hello! I am Kayla. I am here because I am ready to devote myself 100% to losing the pounds that my now 1 year old daughter “helped” me gain.

When I got pregnant I weighed 150 lbs and when I went into the hospital I was at 215 lbs. This was a huge shock to me, but I was not really worried about it since my daughter was healthy. I am 25 years old now at 168 and would love to be at 135-140 lbs.

I am here to ideally log on every day or so and do a rundown of what I have eaten that day, and my activity level. In an ideal world these are both good each day. If not I hope (beg, actually) for you to hold me accountable.

Also, I tend to get out all of my feelings through writing, so you may get a rundown of my life too. In that case, I promise it will be entertaining. Who knows, maybe I will make a few friends too.

Thanks for stopping by, and PLEASE leave me a comment of something and show me some love. Knowing I am not on this road alone would be wonderful.
February 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Well, I have been off to a rocky start, but I am still motivated. My daughter has been sick, and my husband and I are in the process of moving half way across the country. Stress is in high gear, but I am still moving forward. If I take care of myself, I feel better, and if I feel better, I am going to handle life’s struggles better.
My husband is in the military and is a P90X fan. He wants me to do it with him, and I really want to, but I think I need to work myself up to that insane amount of dedication and exercise. Also, an hour a day is tough to carve out between my mom duties, being a wife, and getting ready to move. In lieu of P90X, I am going to start off with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I love Jillian Michaels. She is what I like to think of as a fitness Bad A**. I would love to train with her, as I think I would make such an amazing breakthrough. I have built up walls and am so afraid of pushing them down, because it takes hard work. But since I am not biggest loser material, I must work out with her DVD’s. I did day one and I was really surprised at how tough it was, and how good I feel I did. I am looking forward to moving through the DVD and getting “Shredded” haha. In a few months I want to be at a fitness level where I can go out and run. A 5K seems like such an amazing place to be for me and if I can get there, I will be so happy. Also, since I am going to be 100% honest, I want to look amazing in a bathing suit. This summer I want to go on a “float” with my husband and his family. For a few days college aged kids go down to the river and just float. I want nothing more than to lie on a big inner tube in the sun, with a cold adult beverage, and my rocking body. May be a shallow aspiration, but it really sounds like the life.
I have been doing OK with my food intake. I am making smarter choices, and trying to limit my portion sizes. I have had such a skewed idea on portion sizes…that would actually be a great post one day…hmm…anyways. I still have a ways to go, but I think I am working in a positive direction.
February 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck! Portion sizes are tough to stick to especially in our supersized and fast paced world. A food scale will be your best friend! I think the thing that helps me stick to correct portions in healthy snacks in between meals and lots and lots of water. I love the crystal lite-type water mixes (i'm too cheap to by those so we get the wally world brand ) and your goal to float down the river in a fit body is not shallow at all, i want that goal someday too!

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
February 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words and great tips...It is nice to know I am not in this weight loss boat alone.
February 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
The past few days have been tough. It seems like when life is going crazy, eating a healthy meal is on the back of my mind. The drive through has been calling me, and sadly...I gave in last night. It was so good, but after words, I felt like I ate a 4 lb stick of butter. After my tummy ache went away, I decided for good, that I am making a change.

I have decided that Monday’s are going to be my weigh in days..So starting this Monday, I will be keeping track of my weight, and hopefully progress.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am off to eat some veggies. : )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search