Teresa's 90 day self challenge

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 08:00 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 16

Exercise - Day 16 of the 30 Day shred done!
Getting ready for level 3 and feeling a lot better about it. I feel like I'm over the hard part and going for the downhill slide. I definitely have lost weight. I can see it. I just don't know how much. I'm excited to see how many inches I'll have lost by day 30. I will back to my goal size in no time!

I'm also feeling like I am getting back on track with my running and been thinking (and talking) more and more about running another marathon. I have one picked out and I'm feeling like it's a real possibility. Still haven't committed to anything yet though. I want to be running a little longer before I commit to something that big. I am looking at a 5K in April. I haven't signed up yet because they also have a 10K and just maybe I'll aim for the 10K. I think that is probably too much to aim for, but the race isn't until the middle of April so I'm waiting a little longer to register. All and all I feel fantastic about my fitness for the day.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 17

Exercise - Day 17 30 Day Shred done.
Dragging through this workout, but I did it. I got a blister in the crease of my toe that is bugging me and making some of the jumping planks and stuff hard. Plus I had to do my workout later in the day which just makes it harder for me. I did it though! I am planning to try to run on the treadmill for a mile and half this evening as well. We'll see how that goes.

I caved and stepped on the scale today. I'm down 8lbs to 167. I should be excited about that, but it just made me grouchy. I haven't been below 167 since I gained the initial weight after having Natalie. I have gotten to 167 a couple times now, but haven't broke below it. I keep getting to this weight and then putting the same 5 lbs back on. It's okay though. I worked out today so I feel good. I know now that the next time I step on the scale I will be below 167. It will be fun to see how many inches I've lost at the end of 30 days. Will update again after I get in a run.

---------

Ran 2 miles on the treadmill. After talking to Amy (Amy B.) I am thinking of running a 5K with her on April 2 so I figured I need to pick up the pace and aim for 2 miles instead of 1 1/2 if I'm going to be able to do a 5K in a month. I jogged 2 min/walked 1 min for the first 1 1/2 miles and then 2 min jog/2 min walk the last half mile. That kicked my butt! I hate being this out of shape. Gotta start somewhere though. I wound up throwing up about a half hour after though. Not sure if it was the stomach bug that I think I'm fighting off or from running, but wasn't happy about that. It was just the water I drank during my run that came up, but it came out of nowhere so I think I am still sick. Anyhow, happy to get my run in. Going to take it easy the rest of the day just the same. I don't have time for being sick.

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; March 2nd, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
March 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 18

Exercise - Day 18 of The 30 Day Shred done.

I felt a little sick again this morning, but I pushed through the workout and felt better after I warmed up and feel pretty good now! Today was another day of having to really push myself to work out. (Of course I think that is me every day sometimes, but I always feel better after I workout!)

Like a total dummy I stepped on the scale again this morning. I was convinced I was going to break past 167 since I worked so hard yesterday. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I know. Well the scale said 168.5 this morning! BOO! I can tell that it's going to be a little more slow going coming off this time. I'm not sure if it's because I am still breastfeeding or what. Either way I am plugging along. Right now it's more important for me to get back to running 5 and 10 miles than my weight is. However, I think it's going to be difficult to get my speed up at this weight so still working on eating right. Anyhow, not stepping on the scale again for a while because I don't want to step on it again until I am at least down to 164. I figure I will weigh in on day 30 of the 30 day shred and that should give me 12 days I think that'll be enough time to be at 164 or better.

Aiming to run today and repeat yesterday's workout or better. I'm taking Friday off from running and running 3 miles on Saturday (well run/walk anyway). I'll update how my run goes later.

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; March 3rd, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
March 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 19

day 19 of 30 day shred done.
I felt like doing nothing again today. I think I'm discouraged how slowly the weight is coming off this time. It came off so much faster last time. I'm still sticking with it, but frustrated some. I didn't get in as good a workout today as usual because I had to stop midway to put shoes on because I got two blisters on my toes from the jumping.

I didn't get my run in yesterday because there was just too much going on. I didn't get home until 6pm and by the time dinner was cooked and ate it was 8pm. I'm going to go for a run today instead. I'll update later on how it goes.

March 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 20

exercise - day 20 of the 30 day shred done.
Not looking forward to moving to level 3 of the workout tomorrow. I will be glad to be done with this though. I'm ready to move on to something else and start upping my running time. I feel good. I got it done. I may go for a run today, but most likely going to do it tomorrow. I wanted to try to make myself get outdoors, but we'll see.

Diet is going well and feel good about my eating.

March 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 21

Exercise - Well I didn't do the 30 Day Shred today. Oh well. I didn't have enough time to do it before church and after church was really tired so took a nap. When I got up I didn't have enough time to run and do the 30 Day Shred and I wanted to run more. I like running more than I do any other exercise. I am starting to dread doing this 30 Day Shred. It's hard, but it's not. I can't explain it, but I do not like the jumping stuff. I am making myself do it because I do not like to push myself enough and I think this is a good challenge for me.

I got in 3 miles today at almost exactly 40 minutes so I feel okay about that. I'd like to be running faster, but considering I haven't been running I think I did okay. I'll get faster. I'm going to sit down and write up some type of training plan. I registered for a 5K in 4 weeks. I'm not sure how much I can improve my speed in 4 weeks. I don't think I'll get a PR, but who knows. I really have never trained hard for a 5K before.

Diet was much better today than yesterday. I plan to do the 30 day shred tomorrow (I think).

March 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 22 -

BAD DAY! Trying to pull myself together for the rest of the day, but instead keep grabbing another handful of chips! BOOOOO..... I need to get out of this funk and move forward. I woke up tired and not feeling well and it's all gone down hill since then. Tomorrow will be better. The rest of today is going to be better. Move forward!

March 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 23

Day 21 of the 30 Day Shred done.
I didn't do as well today on my workout as I'd like. I was still feeling kind of funky and really didn't give it my all. I also was having a hard time doing the unmodified moves and didn't feel like I was getting a good enough workout with the modified exercise. I'm going to try again tomorrow. If it doesn't go better tomorrow I'm going to move onto something else besides the 30 DS. I am getting bored with it and feeling like it's not enough of a workout, but really want to finish the whole 30 Days first.

Running - Well I wanted to do a full 3 miles, but Natalie had shots and Neil was not home so I only got 1.6 miles in on the treadmill. I was trying to do a speed workout, but it wasn't going real well. I was trying to do 30 sec intervals 4.7 mph, 5.0 mph, 5.2 mph, 5.5 mph, 5.7 mph and back down. I did get through 3 intervals up and walk at 4.0 for 2 minutes then again through. I'm going to try this again for my next treadmill workout until I can do the whole 3 miles. Once I can do it the whole 3 miles going to cut the walk to 1 minute from 2. I am determined to get my speed back up.

Tomorrow planning 30 DS and 3 miles outdoors. Thursday treadmill run Friday rest Saturday 3 miles outdoors and Sunday 4 miles outdoors. We'll see how it goes though. I'm all big on planning, but I don't always follow through with my plans.

March 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 24

Exercise - Day 22 of The 30 Day Shred done!
Whew! Today went MUCH better! That was a tough workout! I did a good portion of it without modifying things too, other than the walking pushups. I did do one round each set the real deal and the rest on my knees. I'm struggling with the core work and the last circuit big time, but I did it. I even did probably half of the last circuit undmodified. I feel real good about that.

Going to try to get a run in today too. Not sure if it will be outside or on the treadmill though. We'll see. I really want to head outdoors, but not sure if it will happen. Will update on that later.

Diet going super today! Yay! Can't wait to do measurements and official scale time. I still got a ways to go, but feeling like the weight will be off and I'll be back in good shape in no time.

March 11th, 2011, 05:25 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 26

I didn't journal yesterday. Boo me. I meant to, but I didn't get my run in yesterday and was planning to journal after my run. Neil had to work late so I decided to make yesterday a running rest day and run today instead of doing another treadmill run.

I did day 23 of the 30 day shred yesterday. No shred today. I needed to get a mat to workout on and I wanted to give my elbows and knees a rest. I had thought I might get it in today, but it didn't happen.

I did get my run in and outside today so I feel good about that. I ran 3 miles in just barely under 40 minutes. I've tried for my last 3 runs to finish in under 40 minutes. My stupid phone is broken so my music was going berserk and had to run with no music, but I finished in 39:55. Just barely under 40 minutes, but I did it.

Made a cake for Leo's birthday. Ate well today, planning on a tiny piece of cake. That's it for today.

March 13th, 2011, 07:50 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 28

Didn't have time to journal yesterday was super busy. I didn't get a workout in yesterday either, but diet wise did fine.

Today

Day 24 of the 30 DS done. Got a 3 mile run in on the treadmill too in 39 min 5 sec. I did intervals 1 min 4.8 mph, 1 min 5.0 mph, 1 min 5.2 mph, & some at 5.4 mph. I think I only did 2 intervals all the way through to 5.4 most of them I stopped at 5.2 because I am still working my way back up. I had to walk 2 minutes to recover after going through it. I just bumped up .2 mph every minute until I got to 5.2 or 5.4 and then walked to recover. Ultimately I want to get where I am jogging to recover verses walking, but making steady progress. It's still seriously kicking my butt, but I really want to make my goal to improve my speed this year. Not for sure what I am planning for tomorrow. We'll see.

March 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 30

Shoot I just realized today is day 30. I think I'm holding out for official measurements until I finish day 30 of the 30DS. I'm almost there, but not quite there yet.

Exercise - day 26 30 DS done. Four more days to go until I am done. I have definitely lost inches and weight, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. It's okay though. I'm plugging along. I am not quite "shredded" yet, but I am not quitting. I am quite proud of myself. I was able to do half of the push ups in the workout today. I didn't go all the way down like I should, but still I was able to do some boy push ups. I am trying to figure out what I want to do next after this. I have definitely changed my mind about doing this through 3 times. No way. Need something different. I like it, but it's kind of short and I want some variety. I'll still use this one, but ready to switch to some other workouts.

Also, I'm seriously thinking on doing the Charlevoix half marathon again in June. I'm going to talk to Neil and I think I'm going to commit to it tonight. I'm nervous, but I really want to get back to running. I hate that I am having to start all over, but I am sure if I did it once I can do it again. I have 30 lbs to lose before June so trying to stay real focused. Planning on a treadmill run tonight. Will update once it's done.

March 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so anxious to hear your measurments. Yesterday was my first day of 30 ds with weights and it was 20 mins of pain, but I guess I dont have to tell you that. You are such an encouragement even on your crappy days your just like got to put it behind me and keep moving forward. So inspiring!
March 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayofHope View Post
I am so anxious to hear your measurments. Yesterday was my first day of 30 ds with weights and it was 20 mins of pain, but I guess I dont have to tell you that. You are such an encouragement even on your crappy days your just like got to put it behind me and keep moving forward. So inspiring!
Thanks hun. I think it's because I lost the weight before and I KNOW the trick is to keep going. It's a mental thing and once you realize as long as you don't quit you'll get there it is a lot easier. I am finally feeling like I am out of this awful funk I was in.

March 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 32

Grr... typed a bunch out and then bumped the computer and hit the back button and lost my whole post. Starting over so going to be much shorter.

Didn't do the 30 DS today. Printed out a calendar and put my half marathon training plan on it. I used Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan. I did add hill work to his plan since he didn't have any and I was totally not prepared for hills on my marathon I don't ever want to skip that again no matter what anyone says. I also mapped out a full marathon training plan going forward from the half marathon date. I'm almost ready to commit to training for a full one, but not quite there yet.

I got outdoors to run today too! It was beautiful! I ran 4 miles, kept chanting "slow" "steady" "slow" "steady" for the last half of my run. I had my headphones on, but I am sure I was saying it out loud, just not sure how loud. I didn't really care if anyone heard me. Wasn't really anyone to hear me anyhow, but I find chanting words like that helps me to push myself. I don't like how slow I am, but I can feel already that I am picking my endurance back up and my speed will hopefully soon follow. I feel real good today.

Will do days 28, 29, and 30 of the 30DS hopefully by Sunday and take measurements Monday. I'm ready to move on to something else.

March 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 34

Did day 29 of 30 DS! Tomorrow will be day 30!!! So it took me 35 days to do it instead of the 30 I had planned, but not too shabby. Will be taking measurements (probably tomorrow because I really want to know!)

I also got a run in today - 3 miles and in 37:45! Making awesome progress with that too. That was 12 1/2 minute miles. I will be back down to my 11 minute miles in no time! I wish this weight would come off a little faster, but happy over all with everything.

March 20th, 2011, 07:26 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 35 - Day 30 - 30 Day Shred DONE!!!

Weight - 162.5 - down 12.5 pounds

measurements

Arm: 12 inches - same
Chest (above breasts): 36 inches - down 2 inches
Chest (below breasts): 33.5 inches - down 2.5 inches
Waist: 31 inches - down 3 inches
Belly button: 37 inches - down 2 inches
Hips: 42 1/2 inches - down 1 inch
Thighs: 24 inches - same
Calf: 13 inches - same

Planning on a 5 mile run today too. We'll see how that goes. Will update later. Gotta get ready to get out the door.

March 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 37

Losing track on my days now. Well I need a new plan now that I am done with the 30 Day Shred. I do have a half marathon training plan mapped out and am really, really close to committing to a full marathon. I just need a plan for what I am doing outside of running. Diet is going well. I will probably have to increase my calories as my mileage gets higher, but for now doing okay.

I really want to add in a regular routine of yoga and am struggling to find something that works for me. I have a Push ups & Abs dvd that I plan to start doing, but really want to find a yoga dvd. Anyhow, that's all for tonight.

March 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 38

Getting irritated! I don't know what to do with myself now that I'm not doing the 30 Day Shred. I want to focus on my running, but I don't want to sacrifice all strength training. I am going to go through my dvds that I have and see if I can put together something that works for me. I need something that doesn't take a lot of time because I don't have time to run and do a long workout. I want to add in yoga to my routine as well and just trying to figure out how to do it all. I did this push ups and abs workout today that I thought was going to be so tough and it was, but it wasn't. I didn't think I got a good enough workout in so thinking of using Jillian's NMTZ and just do certain sections at a time instead of doing the whole thing at once. We'll see.

Trying to figure out how to get a run in today. I'm being terribly lazy and need to get off my tush and get some stuff done.

Oh and the big news - I SIGNED UP FOR MY SECOND MARATHON! I am sure I'm going to have that oh crap feeling hit me soon enough.

March 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 40

This is taking forever to get the weight off! I am so annoyed with myself for gaining all this weight POST baby!!! GRR. Sorry one of those days. I still have 30 lbs to go and I'm so slow. One foot in front of the other... I feel like I'm going to be so slow for this race. I want to run faster not slower for my second. Anyhow, just typing this all up. Hope tomorrow will feel better than today.

Good notes - no binging and still staying strong with everything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search