Teresa's 90 day self challenge

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 42

Well thinking it may take me more than 90 days to take this weight off, but we'll see. I was bad and stepped on the scale today. Not that it matters. I can step on it whenever I want to - 159! Yay! Don't know why, but tipping below 160 makes me feel so much better. I'm only 3 lbs from where I was right after Natalie was born so I've almost undone all the damage I did. 9 lbs to go to pre Natalie weight and 15 lbs from there to goal weight.

Exercise

I got in my second 5 mile run today so I'm feeling a little closer to being back on track with my running. I went and looked at my running logs from my last marathon training and feeling a lot better. I wasn't running that much faster than I am now - about 60-90 seconds per mile faster. I really want to work on improving my speed this year more than anything. I am sick of being slow so this time around instead of working on just distance, distance, distance I am trying to work on speed and hill training as well. I want to improve my running overall. It's good to be focused on something besides my weight.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 30th, 2011, 06:13 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 45

Well half way through and don't think I've lost half the weight yet, boo for that, but going to keep plugging along. I set up my marathon plan all the way through on my cellphone. I dl an app for it. I'm going to try very hard to stick to this plan and not do my own thing this time around. Today's plan is a kettlebell workout and an easy run. I need to get off the computer and just do it, but figured I'd check in here.

April 1st, 2011, 06:33 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 47

Gosh this weight is coming off soooo slowly. I mean it's not really that slow, but it feels like it's taking forever. I've lost 16lbs total in 47 days so I guess that's a little over 2lbs a week. I don't really think losing much faster than that is realistic, but still it seems like forever. I did the math that means I'll have 70 more days to hit goal which is almost a full month longer than my planned 90 days. Oh well, maybe I'll revise the title after 90 days or maybe I'll start a second 90 day challenge.

Today is a rest day. I am making a goal for the next 6 weeks which should get me to the end of the 90 days.

M - Angie Miller Kettlebell Workout - no run
T - Power Yoga + scheduled run
W - Angie Miller Kettlebell Workout + scheduled run
F - Rest
S - Shred it with Weights Jillian + scheduled run
S - AM yoga + scheduled run

Starting this plan next week on Monday. I'll start logging the weeks as I go to see how I do at this. I just need a new plan. I do much better with a plan in place. (Oh will check my weight on Monday & do new measurements. Who knows maybe I'll take pics too.)

April 4th, 2011, 11:18 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 50

Well looks like this will definitely take me more than 90 days to get to goal, but I'm really happy with myself right now. I feel like I am back on track and will be there in no time. I had my first 5K on Saturday. Did totally sucky!!! I was very disappointed with my time 35:48 chip time - 999th place out of 1200. It's okay. I moped all day yesterday and today am ready to kick some butt and make some progress. I signed up for another 5K Apr 16. Hope I can get under 34 minutes by then or better. Not expecting to get back below 30 min yet, but aiming for at least under 34.

Typing out the week and will edit as I go to see how I do on my goals for the week.

M - Angie Miller Kettlebell Workout - no run
W - Angie Miller Kettlebell Workout + scheduled run
F - Rest
S - Shred it with Weights Jillian + scheduled run
S - AM yoga + scheduled run

Making progress.

April 14th, 2011, 06:55 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 60

Gosh this weight is taking forever to come off. I guess I shouldn't complain. I am down to 155 today. That's 20 lbs down in 2 months. So if I keep up with this I will only be 10 lbs from my goal in 90 days, but it looks like it is going to be more than 90 days to goal. I think I am going to take new measurements today. I'll be back with them in a bit. I need some encouragement.

I scaled back my workouts this week as I've been getting some knee pain and I think the combo of increasing my running and all the lunges and squats from this workout I've been doing was too much on my knees. Since running was more important to me I have backed off and plan to start back with the strength next week. Plus I kind of needed a mental break from the 2 a day workouts (running plus strength).

I crashed and burned on my long run on Sunday and it's shook my confidence some. I need to have a good long run this week! I also have my second post baby 5K on Saturday and nervous about that. I really want to do better and nervous that I'm still going to walk away disappointed. I really want to do under 33 minutes, but not sure that I'll be able to do it. My fastest run at home has been 33:58 so we'll see. I really, really want to get back to under 30 minutes, but I'm trying to be patient with my speed coming back. I figure it'll improve more when I get some more weight off of me.

April 29th, 2011, 09:22 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 75

I really need to take measurements. I took some on day 60, but don't know where I put them and didn't get it posted on here. I guess I'll take new measurements, just not sure when.

I weighed in this morning and FINALLY in the 140s!!! I'm psyched. Weighed in at 149.5. That means I'm down 25.5 pounds in 75 days. Not too shabby. I've got 14.5 lbs to go. Don't think I'll lose it by the time 90 days are up, but think I can lose it before the half marathon so good enough for me. I'd really like to lose 20 lbs for the race, but not sure that will happen. I'd like to be running under 130lbs, but we'll see how it goes.

Honestly I am more focused on my racing right now than my weight, but getting this weight off is part of the plan to run faster. I know I will not beat my time goals if I don't lose some of this weight. Anyhow, will update eventually with measurements.

Oh, yes kids scratched my Angie Miller kettlebell dvd so I'm doing Jillian's Ripped in 30. Once I finish this I am going to rotate between Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, and this Abs & Pushups dvd. They are all 30 minutes so I figure I'll do those until I finish my marathon. Post marathon I think I want to do P90X.

May 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 93

Yes, I counted. Well, I didn't get to goal in 90 days, but oh well still plugging along.

Official weight today - 146

Measurements -

arm - 10 1/2 inches
chest under armpit - 35 1/2 inches
chest @ bra line - 30 1/2 inches
waist - 29 1/2 inches
@ belly button - 33 inches
hips - 39 inches
thighs - 22 1/2 inches
calves - 13 3/4 inches

Will have to come back and figure out the math from the last measurements. Got more stuff to add, but wanted to get this posted in case I never got back to it.

May 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Back with measurement calculations.

arms – down 1 ½ inches from Mar 20
chest @armpit - ½ inch from Mar 20, 2 ½ inches from Feb 14
chest @bra line – down 3 inches from Mar 20, 5 ½ inches from Feb 14
waist – down – 1 ½ inches from Mar 20, down 4 ½ inches from Feb 14
@belly button – down 4 inches from Mar 20, 6 inches from Feb 14
hips = down 3 ½ inches from Mar 20, 4 ½ inches from Feb 14
thighs – down 1 ½ inches from Mar 20
calf – gained ¾ inch?

I had made a mini goal that once I got to 145 I would order a running skirt from runningskirts.com, but then couldn't quite justify spending the money right now. Well, today I weighed in at 146 and I stumbled across a post on a running forum selling a runningskirt.com skirt that's only been worn once. So psyched! I bought it for almost half of what I would have payed for it. It's in my goal size so now I got big motivation to work hard so I can wear it for my race. It's a camo colored skirt with pink. Camos not usually my thing, but it kind of looks like it'd be fun to wear. Now I got to kick things in high gear so I can get this last 10 lbs off and fit into this bad boy for my race!

May 30th, 2011, 05:08 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 106

Down to 143! Haven't done measurements again, but want to get in the 130s before I do any new measurements. It's taken me 2 weeks to lose 3 lbs, but honestly it feels like the weight is coming off fast to me now. Probably because I only have a tiny bit left to lose now. I still need to work on my strength training. I've been sucking with that with running more, but will work things out. Anyhow, feeling very good with things at the moment.

May 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
green's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you are inspiring me! Great job!!

June 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
Wow, you are inspiring me! Great job!!
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Glad I could inspire you.

Too lazy to count what day I am on, but stepped on the scale and it said 139 this morning. I ate really badly this evening, but I knew I had a 13 mile run tomorrow and it was a birthday bash for dh & ds so figured I'd splurge a little.

2 more weeks until Charlevoix Half Marathon. I'm getting super nervous. Will check in with that later.

July 5th, 2011, 09:22 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
At 134 today! Very happy to be back at goal.

August 19th, 2011, 05:50 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
128 as of this morning. I've not really been "trying" to lose weight, but I'm not trying to not lose either. I figure if I hit 120 I will readjust things. I'm only 5'4" so I can afford to weigh less than other people.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search