Teresa's 90 day self challenge

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, I hate to admit it, but here I am again. FAT! Boo. I have 40 pounds to lose. I can't believe I did this to myself again, but it is what it is and here I am. At least I am working on it at 40 pounds instead of 80 like last time. I have tried to get back on track a few times now and not stuck with it. In my defense some of this has been adjusting to a new baby in the house, one that was very fussy and needy. I had a lot of crap going on and I'm not really that upset with myself because I honestly only gained 20 post baby and the other 20 was pregnancy weight gain from my miscarriages. Anyhow, this still leaves me with 30-40 pounds to lose. I am trying to keep realistic goals. It is overwhelming the idea of 40 pounds or 3 months to lose this so I decided to do this as a day by day challenge. 90 days was as big a number as I could put in my head. I figure they have Power 90 so 90 days is a realistic goal. I don't want to use a blog this time and I don't want to take pictures. This challenge is for me and only me. I don't care if others read this, but with a blog I find myself too focused on motivating others and not myself. I don't want that pressure. I don't want to take pictures this time because this thread is not all about me tooting my own horn because I am skinny. I don't want to be like that any more. I was teetering on an eating disorder last time and I really just don't want to be focused on being super skinny or having the perfect bod. I however don't want to be fat and unhealthy either.

So here's my goal 90 days of journaling. No I am not journaling my every food intake. I don't feel like my every food intake being read by others. I also don't want to become as obsessed as I was with counting every last calorie. I know when I am eating bad and I know when I am eating healthy.

I do want to exercise every day for the next 90 days. I know that may seem like a stupid goal or unhealthy, but for me it's more about the habit. Not every day will be hardcore exercise, but I have been thinking about it and I think a little walk every day is good for your body.

My first 30 days I want to do the 30 day Shred every day for 30 days. I also want to start jogging again, but not doing that every day. I will reply later today with how day 1 went and so on and so forth.

Oh one more thing, if it kills me I am not stepping on the scale for 30 days. I will go take some measurements later today and put that on day one. I will take measurements again at 30 days. I may or may not step on the scale in 30 days. I'll decide that later. Right now my one and only goal is to do the 30 Day Shred for 30 days. Everything else is secondary.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
February 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 1

Exercise - 30 Day Shred done! I was interrupted 3 times and had to take a break to feed Natalie half way through it, but I came back and finished it. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do it without interruptions. I will come back later to post how the diet part of my day went.

Diet - I did good on this today. My dinner was a little more calorie rich than I prefer, but all and all I feel good about today.

I also go measurements today.

Measurements -

Weight: 175 blah

Arm: 12 inches
Chest (above breasts): 38 inches
Chest (below breasts): 36 inches
Waist: 34 inches
Belly button: 39 inches
Hips: 43 1/2 inches
Thighs: 24 inches
Calf: 13 inches

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; February 14th, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
February 15th, 2011, 06:58 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 2

Exercise
- day 2 of 30 Day Shred. I used 3 pounds weights and did it straight through this time. I was able to make it through most everything without stopping and even when I did stop it was only for a few seconds. I am fairly sore from yesterday, but not too sore. The good kind of sore. I am determined to get back on track.

Diet - Did pretty good today. Could have used having some more veggies, but all and all happy. No binges or overeating and that's pretty much my only goal right now with food.

I am really sore today. I am nervous about how I am going to get in a workout tomorrow, but I am going to do it.

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; February 15th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
February 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like you are doing great. keep up the good work

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
sounds like you are doing great. keep up the good work
Lol, thanks. I only made it through 2 days (not even), but I am feeling like I am back in control of my life again.

February 16th, 2011, 06:59 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 3

OUCH! I am sore. Not sure how I am going to do with working out today, but I am really going to give it a good try. I don't think I am too sore that I can't work out, but we'll see. I needed to come here and give myself a pep talk before my workout. I'll be back after my workout attempt to update how I did.

Exercise - Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred DONE! I was surprised, but today was actually easier than yesterday, not harder. I thought for sure that I would struggle through it. It was a tough workout, but I am making progress. I had to not engage my abs as much on the push ups because my tummy muscles are super sore, but everything else went well.

I've also got a plan now for the rest of the 90 days when I am done with the first 30 days of the Shred.

----------------------------------------
Plan -

Days 1-10 30 Day Shred workout 1 - 3 pound weights
Days 11-20 30 Day Shred workout 2 - 3 pound weights
Days 21-30 30 Day Shred workout 3 - 3 pound weights - 1 mile walk/jog

***START ADDING IN REST DAYS once a week*** I don't think it is good to workout this intense without resting periods, but I want to do the first 30 days straight to get myself back in the habit.

Days 31-40 30 Day Shred workout 1 - 5 pound weights 2 miles walk/jog
Days 41-50 30 Day Shred workout 2 - 5 pound weights 3 miles walk/jog
Days 51-60 30 Day Shred workout 3 - 5 pound weights start varying things up with 1 mile jogs, 2 mile intervals, and 4 mile long workouts

Days 61-70 30 Day Shred workout 1 - 8 pound weights - 1 1/2 mile jogs, 3 mile intervals, and 5 mile long run
Days 71-80 30 Day Shred workout 2 - 8 pound weights 2 mile jogs, 3 1/2 mile intervals, and 6 mile long runs
Days 81-90 30 Day Shred workout 3 - 8 pound weights 3 mile jogs, 4 mile intervals, and 7 mile long runs

This is my plan for now, but I may wind up tweaking the running plans. It kind of depends on how fast I build up endurance. Sometimes I build up endurance on running really fast so if I do I may increase my distances sooner. If I'm struggling with it I may lower the goals. The 30 Day Shred part I am firm on. I know I can do that.

-----------------------

Diet -

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; February 16th, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
February 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 4

Pep talk, pep talk. Day 4 and I am here giving myself a pep talk. I'll be back after I do my workout. Willing myself to go workout. I already want to change my plan that I made yesterday. I know I am sticking with the first 30 days of the shred, but I'm already thinking of doing something else the next 30 days. I'm afraid I might get bored doing the same thing for 90 days. We'll see. I may change my plans. I really, really want to start running again so I'm not sure how long I can hold out before adding running back in.

Off to work out. I'll be back after I get it in.

Exercise - Day 4 of the 30 Day Shred done! I even added 5lb weights for the dumbbell flys. The only part I struggled with at all was the second cardio circuit. Making definite progress.

Diet -

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; February 17th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
February 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 5

Exercise - day 5 of The 30 Day Shred done! I feel so good.

Diet - I did so good yesterday. We ordered pizza last night. First time since switching the whole house gluten free (dd has celiac in case anyone is reading) that we've had pizza. It was a gluten free pizza, but wow it was good! I had 3 small pieces. These pieces are smaller than the average pizza so it was the equivalent of 2 normal size pizzas. I really wanted to go back for another, but I decided to have a cup of coffee instead. I do need to stop leaning on my coffee so much to help with my food cravings, but oh well I did okay.

I had a stressful night last night - dealing with ds who is not talking to me and I was really tempted to binge and say screw it. I didn't so I feel good.

I'm nervous about next week. I haven't managed to stick with anything longer than a week and a half since Natalie was born.

February 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 6

Exercise - Day 6 The 30 Day Shred done
! I used 5lb weights for a decent amount too. I feel pretty good. I am still struggling with some of the cardio, but other than that I am doing good. I'm not sore any more and it's definitely getting easier. I am a little nervous about switching to the second workout, but we'll see how it goes.

February 20th, 2011, 06:27 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 7

Exercise - Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred done! (My daughter is doing it too now and she's on day 3!) It's already gotten way easier for me now. I am not sore and only have problems with a couple spots. I am using 5lb weights now for most of it. Only a couple sections I need 3lb weights for.

Diet - Going very well. I had pizza last night, but small portion. I feel like I'm doing a good job eating either something healthy or keeping the portion small if it's something a little more fattening. I feel good about the way my kids are eating lately too. I was having Steven doing the 30 Day Shred as well, but he's kind of fallen off the wagon. Going to get him back on track next.

I can't wait to take measurements at the end of 30 days! I can feel the weight falling off of me now. I have not touched my scale or measuring tape because I do not want to get distracted.

February 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 8 - The 30 Day Shred done! Cable has been out all day, but got my workout in. Will update tomorrow

February 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 9

Exercise - Day 9 of The 30 Day Shred done!
I am getting anxious about starting workout 2. I watched it yesterday when my cable was out and nothing to do. It looks way tougher than the first level. I plan to start that on day 11. I think I am going to start back on running next week too. We'll see.

I am sure that I've lost some weight already because I can get my size 10s back on. They are snugger than I'd want to wear, but they are fitting again. I have done good and not stepped on the scale. Don't want to. I'd like to delude myself into believing I've already lost 20 lbs, lol, and if I step on the scale then I'll have to face reality.

Anyhow, doing good and feeling strong thus far.

February 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 10

Exercise
- Day 10 of the 30 Day Shred done. Whew! I am losing my drive on this, but still determined to stick with this for 30 days. I start level 2 workout tomorrow. I'm nervous about that. It looks way harder. I ordered three new workout dvds (all from Jillian Michaels, lol). I'm surprised how much I like her workouts because I really did not think I'd like her.

I am dying to know if I've lost weight, but still don't want to step on the scale for fear of disappointment. Feeling pretty good though overall.

February 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are doing awesome!!!! I love the Shred, but I can't actually do it daily, I get so bored. Level 2 though isn't as bad as you may think. I am interested to hear how you like it. I did Level 3 for giggles one day---now that was WHOA

February 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Valerie* View Post
You are doing awesome!!!! I love the Shred, but I can't actually do it daily, I get so bored. Level 2 though isn't as bad as you may think. I am interested to hear how you like it. I did Level 3 for giggles one day---now that was WHOA
Thanks Valerie. I am only doing it daily for 30 days. It's more to get me back in the habit and back on track than anything else. I did level 2 today. It was tough, but not as bad as I thought.

February 24th, 2011, 08:39 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 11

Exercise - Day 11 of the 30 Day Shred done! I moved on to workout 2 today. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Some sections were tougher than level 1 and some were not. I mostly struggled with the plank stuff. The walking push ups and the twisting planks were the only thing that I really had a hard time with. I didn't do the whole twisting planks, but did as much of them as I could.

I am ready to start running again. I think I am going to try to add in a second workout next week with a little bit of jogging. I just miss running and it's going to be warming up soon.

Diet part is going fairly well. I REALLY wanted to step on the scale today. I feel like I haven't lost anything because my clothes aren't getting really lose like I want. Then I thought about the scale and even if it said I lost 10lbs what difference does it really make if my clothes still are fitting the same. So I didn't step on the scale and decided to just wait until the 30 days are up as I had planned. Anyhow, off to enjoy the rest of my day. Got tons to do.

February 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 12

Exercise - Day 12 of The 30 Day Shred done! It's getting harder and harder to keep myself motivated. I'm eyeballing a marathon in September. I must be nuts because at the moment I can't even run a mile, but I'm thinking about it. That gives me plenty of time to get my base mileage up and train. Just got to do it. I'm not totally committed to it yet.

I still had to fight the urge to step on the scale. I am sure that I have lost some weight, but also sure that it's not as much as I want to yet. I don't want to get discouraged so didn't step on it. That's been as hard as the exercise for me.

February 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 13

Exercise - Day 13 of The 30 Day Shred done
! Monday I am adding in some treadmill work. I am really thinking about running another marathon and in order to do that I have got to start running again. I don't think I will have enough time to get my base mileage up if I don't start back to it soon so Monday is as good a time as any. I'm really nervous about adding anything else because I want to finish this 30 day shred non stop. After I hit 30 days I am going to start taking rest days once or twice a week where I just do light walking and nothing else for exercise. I also want to start doing yoga too. I am revamping my plan soon. I don't think I want to do the 30 day shred for the full 90 days. I'll work on a new plan. I need to start looking at marathon training plans too if I really am going to do this and find one that I can stick with. Last time I didn't follow a plan and although I did okay with the marathon I think I'd have done better if I had followed a plan.

Diet & Weight - Doing pretty good here. No obsessing on the food department and eating reasonably balanced meals. It's getting harder and harder for me not to step on the scale. I'm dying to know how much weight I have lost. I know I have to have lost some, but my clothes aren't falling off of me yet so it can't be that much yet. I would really like to be to my goal weight at 90 days, but I realize it might take me longer than that. Just breaking things up into small goals so not to get too overwhelmed. Will check in tomorrow.

February 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 14

Exercise - Day 14 of the 30 Day Shred done
. Oh my gosh! Today was tough! I really had to make myself workout. I wanted to just sit on my tush and do NOTHING, but I felt really good after I finished my workout and so glad I did it.

I also had to really fight the urge to step on the scale. What is my deal with the scale? I mean weight really doesn't matter that much to me, but how my clothes fit does so why do I care what the scale says? Why do I feel compelled to step on it. I got as far as taking my clothes off and putting the scale on the floor to step on it. Then I quickly put it away. I just am afraid if I cave on the scale thing I will cave on the exercise too. I'm determined to succeed and get this little bit of weight back off of me and get my butt back in shape.

Marathon thinking- I am still eyeballing this marathon. I am going to see where I am at in a couple weeks before I do anything. I am thinking once I am up to running 5 mile stretches again I will sign up for one. I am just not sure if I have enough time to get ready for the one I am thinking of. I mostly think I do, but I really want to make sure I am firmly back on track before I invest the money on a race. Anyhow, today is a good day.

February 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 15

Exercise - Day 15 The 30 Day Shred done!
Today was really hard. I woke up and was feeling just pukey. Leo was sick on Saturday so I might have a touch of a stomach bug. Not sure, but I lazed around this morning trying to get my stomach to settle so I could work out. My stomach actually feels much better now that I exercised. Kind of weird. I was planning to start back at running today. We'll see how it goes. I'm aiming to do that in the afternoons though. As long as I get in my 30 Day Shred workout though I am satisfied for the day. Everything else is extra.

Diet - Went to a birthday party last night. Really pleased with how well I did. I had a small piece of cake and nothing else. We had pizza when we got home and since I had the cake instead of having my usual 2 pieces of pizza I just had one. All and all I am feeling really good about things. I also resisted my daily urge to step on the scale.

*** Running - worked some in today! WOOHOO! I totally miss running! I didn't do a lot, but what I did felt awesome. I went a mile and a half on the treadmill. The first mile I went 2 minutes jog/1 minute walk and the last 1/2 mile I went 2 min jog/2 min walk.

Running plan for the week - 1 1/2 miles Wed & Thur, Sun 2 miles (If things get busy I may switch up days, but aiming for the same mileage.) Next week aiming for 2 1/2 miles for the longest run and the following week 3 miles.

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; February 28th, 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search