The Hot Mama Chronicles: Jillylicious' Weight Loss Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Yo yo!

First journal entry, Apr 1, 2011.

I've got salad waiting for DH and I on the counter - just need to dress it. Jack's having spaghetti. I've finally started to develop the strength I used to have (and lost while pg with Ruby) to resist temptation. If I were making spaghetti while pg, the salad would have been out the window. This time I can sneak a bite, and that's it - satisfied. It sure beats sneaking an entire portion.

I'm wearing size 6 Gap jeans today. That would be nifty, aside from the facts that

a) Gap runs BIG, for me

and

b) I can't button them without muffin top.

GOD I hate muffin top. Honestly. I can live with stretch marks, cellulite, and spider veins. But I cannot stand muffin top.

The obvious solution to muffin top, as provided by DH, is to buy bigger jeans. But who wants to go UP a size?!

Le sigh. I'm going to just savor the gouda and pecans in this meal salad, and try to ignore size numbers tonight. At least I was busy enough shampooing my couches today to forget to indulge in the snacks in the cupboard.

Food journal:
Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee + 4 tbsp fat free creamer
Lunch - vegetable lasagna with multigrain noodles and fat free cottage cheese
Dinner - meal salad (lettuce, pecans, gouda, and cranberries with balsamic vinaigrette.)
April 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Bonjour. Apr 2, 2011.

Feeling pretty good today - I'm back down to 146. My weight had popped up briefly after a heavier dinner, so I'm happy to see it squeak back down. In one more pound, I will be only 20lbs away from Ultimate All Time Goal.

This morning I noticed that my ribcage is looking smaller, and my backfat has gone down a little bit.

I haven't eaten much today yet - just a couple of coffees - but I will do my best to save myself. We have to go a birthday party tonight and the hosts always serve a bunch of deep fried stuff like zucchini and mushrooms. It's going to be a challenge.

We shall see!
April 3rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Apr 3, 2011

Well! I did moderately well in terms of resisting temptation last night. Unfortunately there were jalapeno poppers and Mama loves her some jalapenos... so I allowed myself 3 of them. Add to that the birthday cake, and I was over my daily caloric allowance by 300 calories. Not wonderful, but not the end of the world.

Another good reason to avoid these sorts of foods is that I had an awfully upset stomach this morning - UGH. Definitely motivation to get back to clean eating today.

Haven't worked out in nearly a week. I feel like a slug, but with this awful head cold, as soon as I start panting during cardio I end up having a coughing attack. It sucks. However, I can continue weight training and ab work, so am back on track to gear those up today!

I am also wearing my Gap size 6 jeans and they're buttoned up - without muffin top (at least when I'm standing up. Sitting is a whole different story.) I am hoping that this is a sign that my belly fat is starting to go away - my arms, shoulders, and chest look much slimmer, and now my problem areas are my belly and my hips.

Food journal today:

Coffee + 2 tbsp fat free creamer
1 Blue Menu cranberry granola bar
1 Ocean's Spicy Thai Tuna serving
1 slice multigrain bread (HAD to give in, major carb craving)
1.5 servings Turkey & Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
April 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Apr 6, 2011

Sorry, journal, missed a couple days there. I meant to do an entry but forgot.

So: here's a notion. I posted my opinion on a CNN article (light fluffy entertainment news, nothing serious) and another commenter replied to my opinion saying that based on what I'd said I was probably fat.

Hm.

Now, while I'm a little upset by that remark - I'm not actually as fat as I was, but that person has no way of knowing that, and besides, it's a complete stranger - it got me considering the way that I am thinking.

Am I thinking like a fat person?

How do I know?

I'd like to be able to tell you that I am thinking like a normal sized person. But, given that my heaviest weight was 200+ (when pg with Jack, and when not pg with him, around 180lbs) and some other issues that I've been carrying around for 30 years, I can't say that and know that it's true.

I think I do think like a fat person. I scoff at skinny people and feel jealous and resentful of them - and really, rationally, there's probably someone out there who is scoffing and resentful of ME. Even though I'm not.

Even though I think I'm unattractive, even though I think that other women look great and wish that I could have the same control and determination that they must have to look that good - in the grand scheme of things, maybe I need to give myself a little more credit and quit feeling that way about other peoples' successes.

Stop thinking like a fat person. See how it works. I'm going to give it a try.

Food for the past few days has been good, too. I'm down to 145 now - so I have exactly 20lbs left to go to All Time Ultimate Bikini Goal. I've been using my food scale - LOVE that thing - and realized last night that my boobs are back where they started out after my lift & reduction.

I need to remember to look for successes even if it's not easy.
April 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Apr 8, 2011

Argh. I feel annoyed with my weight today. I'm at 145, which is great - only 20lbs to go to reach final goal. I need to remind myself that when I lost weight after Jack it didn't happen super fast - and I'm feeling so impatient this time around.

I took my measurements today.

Bust - 38"
Waist - 29"
Hips - 38"

According to standard wedding gown sizing (the only dress sizing standard I could find) that makes me a size 12. The US Navy calcs say my body fat is around 29.5%.

Argh, argh, argh.

This week I climbed up hills with Ruby in the pack and Jack in the stroller. I worked out 2x with my DVD and will probably end up doing Just Dance for another half hour today.

I never eat more than 1300 cals/day, since my BMR is 1455 - meaning my daily caloric needs to stay alive are 1746. Therefore, even on days that I DON'T work out, I should have a caloric deficit of about 400 cals. And since 3500 cals equals a pound of fat, every 8-9 days I should be able to see a loss. And since I have 20lbs to lose, that means that in about 170 more days of eating like this, i.e. 24 weeks, I should be pretty close to goal.

So I can expect to be near to 125lbs near the end of September.

Well CRAP. I want to be near 125lbs near the end of August for my 30th birthday!! I need to ensure therefore that I shave 4 weeks off of this estimate, meaning that in order to achieve my goal my daily caloric deficit needs to be upped to 600 cals/day.

The only way to achieve this deficit is going to be to reduce caloric intake even further and up exercise and activity.

SO:

Eat 1200 cals/day, max
Burn addt'l 200 cals/day on workout days

Daily caloric needs = 1746
Daily caloric intake = 1200
Daily caloric deficit = 546
Days of caloric deficit req'd to equal one pound of fat = 6.41
Pounds of fat to lose = 20
Days of caloric deficit req'd to lose 20 pounds of fat = 128, which equals 18 weeks, which will be near the middle of August.

Who would have thought that a few extra calories could make such a difference in timing?

This also means that if I eat 1200 cals/day from now until the middle of June - with no exercise at all, which obviously isn't going to happen - I will be back down to pre-preg weight. I hate to think that it will have taken me from Feb until June (i.e. 4 months) to lose my baby weight, but on the upside, this is a worst case scenario. I've had plenty of days where I was able to make it through on 1000 cals, so 1200 is totally doable.

Can't wait to see the 130s again!!

Last edited by jillylicious; April 8th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search