Erica's Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
nyc_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I am 15 weeks pregnant with baby #2. I have a problem with emotional eating. So, my goal is not to lose weight because I am pregnant. But because I am quite overweight, too not gain too much weight like I did with my last pregnancy where I gained about 70 pounds (which made it so it killed my back to walk around much towards the end of my pregnancy.

I have some shame because I wasnt always this overweight. I used to play sports and work out and was really fit. Working long hours and having a stressful first pregnancy packed on the pounds. I didnt lose all of my pregnancy weight and then I got pregnant again so now my weight is up really high.

My pregnancies are high risk due to severe anemia and needing blood transfusions during the pregnancy in addition to feeling weak. This stresses me out regarding the high risk pregnancy and then I just emotionally eat more and feel worse.

My other thing is that I am really lonely. I moved to NYC in 2006 where I met my husband and now live. Before I had kids I had a few single friends here but after the baby it didnt seem like I had that much in common with them. My good friends from growing up are all out of state. My relatives are all across the country. I belong to a mom's group here and I am trying to make closer friends but its not easy. I have met some nice moms so I know I just have to pursue it.

So, my daily stressors are obsessing about my weight/how gross I feel and how if I dont manage it I'll have the bad back pain again with this pregnancy, worrying about my high risk pregnancy and feeling lonely for girlfriends in real life. I know if I can manage my emotions around these things I can better control the excessive eating.

April 18th, 2011, 06:10 AM
nyc_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, its a new day and I am determined to have a better day than yesterday's debaucle with those chocolate Easter egss (oops!) We'll see how it goes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search