Jacqueline's weight loss journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
jacqueline80's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi my name is Jacqueline (30), mommy of 2 (Kailey-3 and Chloe-6 months). I decided to start a weighloss journal to keep me motivated - so here goes.

I am Swiss and have lived in the US for 4.5 years now. My husband is American When I moved here in August of 06 I weighed 126 lbs (I am 5'6"). I started gaining weight after about 3 months here due to really bad home sickness. Apparently I am an emotional eater and never knew it because I never had any weight issues or extended home sickness before. I was alone pretty much all the time as I didn't know anyone but my husband and he was working alot... Btw, not trying to make excuses or anything. Just basically writing this all down for my self Christmas that year, right around when I got pregnant with DD1, I weighed 162 and then gained another 40lbs with the pregnancy which put me at 202 the day before I had Kailey. I lost 22 lbs within 2 weeks post partum and stayed at 180 for the next 2+ years. I tried to lose weight but the emotional eating was still a big issue as my husband took a new job a month before Kailey was born that had him work even longer hours and 6 days a week.... With a new baby, no in-laws to help, no support or help from my husband, no friends and a second miscarriage the home sickness got even worse and I'm just glad I didn't gain any extra weight during those two years.... In January 2010 I got pregnant with DD2 and again gained 42 lbs with the pregnancy. So the day before I had her I weighed 222 lbs. I had a c-section with DD2. Within 10 weeks post partum I was down to 195 which is where I am still at now. I still suffer a lot from home sickness and it's been hard on my marriage too. He leaves the house around 7am, comes home around 6pm, we eat dinner together, and then he works from his home office until 11pm or later. The kids tell him goodnight in the office every night and so do I. I am not trying to blame him - my eating habbits are not his fault. But I do want to make a point that emotional eating is still and will continue to be a big issue/temptation ect. and perhaps others have some insight/tips etc.... I am also a working mom and would love to hear tips/ideas etc on how to jugle work, kids and excercise...

My plan is to do the Couch to 5K program (I have started it once before (recently) but quit during week 2) 3 times a week and do some strength training/toning 2 times a week. I actually eat pretty healthy during the day and eat lots of fruit. But I struggle with eating junk when I am alone in the evenings. So instead of eating, I shall excercise I also need to increase my water intake. I can go a whole day without drinking and I know that's a big part of not losing the weight. So I will keep tabs on my water drinking too.

I would like to lose 40 lbs by the end of August (10 lbs/month) and another 20-30 lbs by the End of the year.

I will take measurments in a few days and post. Not sure if I can do the photos. Maybe I'll post a before and after once I arrive at the after lol

Sorry for writing a novel and thanks if you've made it this far.... Let the journey begin!
April 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for starting a journal! I'm Annie I think sometimes just writing it down and getting it out there helps. Sorry your hubby works so much, I know i get crabby if hubby works a lot of overtime (it means i have less help with our little one and trying to do homework on top of it is near impossible- I'm going to school to get my RN, i graduate in 2013) but is there anyway he can take a night off from the "home" work, maybe even once a week? what does he do for a living? It will be a big help if he's there and supportive of you during your journey as well. Good luck on your journey!

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; April 28th, 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search