Amber's Post Baby Weightloss

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I'm quite p;roud of myself today. Weighed in and lost 5.2lbs! That's after eating carbs last night for dinner! I think it would have been lower if I didnt have the carbs (grad party... had mac and pot salad, some ziti, some chex mix, a tiny piece of cake...) Phoebe's baptism is today, so I'm happy for that. I should take some more pix and post them in the picture section on progrss so far. Maybe later!

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

July 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
I thought I had posted before pix but I guess not. Here's before (mid-May) and current (last night)

July 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You look great! Keep it up its really paying off for you.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks Maureen!

Weighed in this morning and super happy... I was on my "up" week this week. I weighed in at 183.4, down almost 4lbs from 187.2! I don't know if it 's the breastfeeding, or what (because I did NOT drop like this when BFing Adam) but something is working! I'm not starving myself and I"m working out! Must be the whole shebang!

July 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
So I'm a little bit worried. The doctor called this morning with the results from my bloodwork and they need to decrease my thyroid meds. They bumped it up from 75mcg to 100mcg while I was preg with Phoebe. He wants to drop it down to 50mcg for like 3 months to see how my levels are then. I would have thought they'd start at 75 (where I was before pregnancy). I'm just worried that if it's too low or something I'll start gaining weight again and/or not lose anything anymore. I really hope that's not the case and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

July 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I checked my weight this morning and it's reading 181.4! That makes me happy! I'm happy losing 2 lbs a week... if it's more, I won't complain. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy. We'll see where I am when I weigh in officially on Sunday!

Had a good workout yesterday - did some cardio and some weight training. I really need to get my arms and belly toned up!

July 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well, on my last weigh-in day I was at 179.6.... not too bad! However, I'm at the exact same weight today a week later. UGGH! PLUS, I am exhausted, dizzy, have absolutely no energy, and just blech! I'm almost certain it's because of my thyroid meds. Granted, I'm due for a no-loss week... I just don't even have energy to work out, so I eat, but I don't burn calories. I called doctor on Thursday or Friday and he's supposed to call me back tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll either bump me back to 75mcg sinthroid or retest my blood or something because I hate feeling like this!

July 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Stepped on scale this morning for kicks and it said178.8. Nt horrible, but nothing like before my meds got switched around. Thyroid got bumped down to 50mcg and I just felt horrible - exhausted, sluggish, tired, fatigued, achy, nauseous, dizzy, etc. Called dr and he bumped it up to 88mcg. I'm feeling better, but still a abit blah - although that could be the heat wave. I was extremely happy to see that the scale actually moved a little bit! Hoping it's down at least .2lb tomorrow morning for weigh-in (that'll be 1lb lost and I'm happy w/ that!)

July 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Yay! Scale cooperated! Weighed in this morning and scale read 178.6! Slowly but surely getting there! My next mini goal is to be 175 or less by September 1st (I know, I shoot low, but they're much more attainable that way!)

August 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Weighed in y esterday - scale said 177 even! Lost about 1 1/2lbs this week! I got a really great book from the library: Hungry Girls 300 under 300 - it's got 300 recipes with less than 300 calories! Some of them look AMAZING (s'mores oatmeal and pancakes, buffalo chicken mac & cheese, etc). Can't wait to try some new recipes!

August 5th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Scale has fluctuated a lot the couple time's I've stepped on this week - Tuesday was 177.6 (+.6), Wednesday was horrible - said 180.2 (I think it must have been wrong), and I was so upset I stepped on yesterday and it was at 176.6 - so going in the right direction. Hope it stays going in that direction! I guess I gotta do some tweaking with stuff to keep it from going up again! UGGH!

August 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
175.4 this morning!! Woot-woot! I was worried at first- darn scale was being weird and said like 180.6 or something. I stepped on it a second time and got 175.4 then stepped on twice more and got the 175.4 - I'm going with that! LOL!

August 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cheat peek this morning - 173.4! I also got in a small belly dance workout (20 mins) - it's better than nothing, but it's hard with the two kids. I'm getting very annoyed with DH's grandmother... she says I'm losing too much weight and need to stop and start eating because "a little pudge never hurt anyone" - everyone in his family with the exception of him and his one brother is obese! I hate what they always have to say. Then when I told her I have about 15-25lbs to be at my goal weight she said "omigod no! You'll be sickly and thin!" He has a cousin who is sickly rod thin/size 00 and hardly eats, but they have nothing to say to her about eating more! Uggh! I'm not trying to be sickly skinny, but I want to be healthy. I honestly think that they're jealous because they always told me "it's so hard to lose weight. You might do ok now, but you'll just gain it back. Here eat this. Don't forget to eat. Have more - you need more!" UGGH! Rant over

September 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Rochelle
Way to go Amber!! You are doing so great! Sorry I haven't touched base in a while. Haven't been in the weightloss game much these days but now I have a goal so.. ANyways, I am so happy to see you've done so well in the meantime.

How come you haven't updated in so long?
November 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Rebecca, thank you! Sorry I haven't updated in a long time... It has been sooo crazy hectic around ehre that I haven't been on JM in a couple of months! CRAZY! Around the beginning of September, I decided that I was getting sick of logging all my calories and food I ate. I was at 173.3 and decided to stop. For a really long time, the scale would fluctuate between 173 and 176... Well, a couple of weeks ago, the scale stopped going below 174.5 and started gettin higher around 176.6. Decided I need to step it up again.
On 10/26, the scale read 176.6. When I stepped on this morning, it said 170.8!!! I weigh every day, just to notice any fluctuations.
I've been trying to exercise more again and am back to counting my calories. I'd like to be between 160-165 by Thanksgiving and stay right around there through Christmas and New Years. I'll have to take some more pictures and post them. I promise I'll try and post more often again!

November 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Rochelle
on the weightloss!

You have done so well. I totally understand being busy. I've been super busy preparing for family visiting. Just Autumn in general is such a busy time.

I look forward to further updates.

p.s. post more pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search