Meagan's Fitness Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 06:18 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't think I would be starting the 30 Day Shred for another week or so while I waited for my dvd to come in, but I found a copy at the library yesterday and rented it so I could go ahead and start.

I don't know how much I weigh, since I don't have a scale but I probably could lose to gain some weight (or at the least just maintain my weight now) but my goal is to tone up through this process.

Here is a run down of my workouts from the last week or so, and today's journal about starting the 30 Day Shred.

11/22- Went to the gym and jogged two miles.

11/23- Did not make the time to work out-too busy baking.

11/24- Did not make the time to workout-too busy eating

11/25- Hit the gym bright and early, I ended up doing a three mile jog with the arm blaster and glute kicker options.

11/26- Went to the gym and did another three mile jog with the arm blaster and glute kicker options.

11/27- Jogged 2 miles at the gym with glute kicker and arm blaster options.

11/28- Couldn't get to the gym so did 100 squats, 50 crunches, and 50 reverse crunches at home.

11/29-So today was Day 1-Level 1 and I can say that it pretty much kicked my butt! I am used to either doing cardio/abs or strength/abs but never do all three in one day. I didn't get as much out of the workout as I would have because I haven't bought hand weights yet (note to self, I really should get those today or tomorrow) but I still feel like the workout did something.

As of right now I still plan on supplementing the shred with going to the gym for either some jogging or swimming laps. I would love to jog outside but I don't have warm enough workout clothes-or shoes made to run outside. Maybe with my Christmas money?

I took these before pictures the other day (last Tuesday I think?)

I don't have my starting measurements but I will do it later and post them.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by 2Corinthians10:4; November 29th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
November 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
11/30-

L1 Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred:

Oww! I honestly can't remember waking up this sore ever. Okay, I probably did more often than I remember back when I was actually exercising and doing sports all the time-but it's been so long I can't remember. Even back then I don't remember feeling sore until the morning after the workout. I started hurting within 2 hours of working out yesterday and it progressively got worse as the day went on! It took all I had in me to get up and do my workout this morning-but I did it! I didn't let the pain tell me no, and I worked through it.

I went and got weights yesterday and used them during the workout today, I am starting to regret buying the 5lb weights though (they were on sale) because I couldn't use them through the whole workout. I had to put them down a couple times or risk my arm falling off (at least that's how it felt). Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to tough out the entire workout with the weights though.

On another note, today I am working on our meal plan for the next couple of weeks. I plan to totally revamp my families diet's-wish me luck!

Last edited by 2Corinthians10:4; December 1st, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
December 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
12/1-

Level 1 Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred-

Well the day started off great because I woke up not nearly as sore as I was yesterday, so I was more excited to do my workout for just that reason. I still can't use the weights through the entire workout but I can use them through most. Today I decided instead of putting my weights down during the side lunges I would hold one weight in both hands just to keep some weight in the workout.

My endurance does seem to be getting better though, I didn't have to break at all during the workout because I was tired (although I did have to pause once to deal with a fussy baby) tomorrow I will make myself get up early (I usually get up at 4:30 but these last two days I have slept later for some reason) that way I can work out without having to stop for the babies or Addi.

December 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
12/2-

Level 1 Day 4 of the 30 Day Shred:

It is becoming easier to get through the workout, and I do seem to be gain strength so both of those are plus'. I also am not waking up sore anymore, although I am still sore throughout the day after I workout. But it is great not to wake up and ache all over.

Tomorrow is grocery day so I am busy today finding lots of recipes that are healthy and whole foods based.

December 3rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
12/3

Level 1 Day 5 of the the 30 Day Shred-

I wasn't hesitant about doing the workout this morning since my Dh was home and I hate working it out in front of him (he always makes me feel awkward for some reason) but then he said he was leaving to go get donuts so I had the perfect opportunity to do it. I guess that's a good thing because I am sure there will be enough calories in one donut to cover what I burned today.

I have to say that I am proud of myself that I have made it this far. I have a tendency to quit when things hurt or are hard, and this is both. But I think that the fact that it is only 20 minutes out of my day (and I remind myself that about a million times during each workout) makes it more doable.

December 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Level 1 Day 6:

I took yesterday off so I could rest, and got right back at it this morning. I am glad my endurance is getting so much better, this morning when she mentioned she was sure the people who were on days 5, 6, or 7 were feeling their endurance improve I thought to myself "that is totally me".

My stomach is already starting to look better too, but I still have that horrible ugly extra skin pooch from my pregnancy almost 4 years ago. I think I might do some extra reverse crunches everyday to help get that under control faster.

On a health note:

I had a banana-peanut butter smoothie for breakfast this morning and it was soo good. I can't wait to try my other smoothie recipes.

March 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Wow it has been a long time since I posted. I have decided to totally revamp my exercise routine. My plan is to exercise 6 days a week doing the c25k program Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and cross training Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Last Friday I did W1D1 of the c25k and let me tell you, I woke up in so much pain I can't even describe it. But I did W1D2 yesterday and not only did I get through it a lot easier, I am not hurting this morning now that I am awake! Now to get myself motivated to do my cross training and get this house cleaned!

March 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Okay so I did force myself to get up and workout today although I didn't do as much as I wish I had. I am going to take it slow and progress with my cross training though.

Todays totals were 3 sets of 10:

Push up
lunges (each leg)
Tuck-up crunches
Scissor kicks
Roll-ups
Leg Drops
Reverse Crunches
Super-mans
2nd position Pliés
Squats with legs together

and some stretching. Friday I am going to try to up it to 3 sets of 15-20, I might also try to add in some other moves as well.

March 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM
W1D3 of the C25K is done, and with it week 1 is officially complete! I know it seems like such a little accomplishment but I have never been able to run for even a minute at a time before because I would get horrible stitches in my sides and my asthma.

Today was also the first time I have ran with the jogging stroller, I think it added a little m ore difficulty but not a lot. Now only 7 more weeks to go!

March 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Well I let time get the best of me yesterday and didn't do my cross training, so I decided to do 30 minutes of yoga today. I did the 10 minute solutions yoga sections: basic yoga, yoga for buns and thighs, and yoga for abs, so in total 30 minutes of yoga. I would have done the entire 50 minutes but I am still planning on running tonight and don't want to be so sore tomorrow that I skip my cross training again. The plan for tomorrow is hitting the gym for some weight training!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search