Marathon Momma

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
153.0. So freaking tired its ridiculous. We are trying to night train Tegan with no diapers. She has been potty trained during the day for almost 8 months so we thought she was ready. She's had 2 dry nights and 2 nights with pee. But last night she peed twice so I was up with her at midnight at 3 am, changing her, the bed and starting laundry. She's also waking up early like 5:15 ish. I need some solid sleep.

I did a tempo run - 4.5 miles (3.82 at race pace) during lunch today. Tomorrow starts my 4 day weekend woohoo! It is going to be tough to eat healthy as I have a pub night tomorrow night with friends. I'm out of town at the fair with a friend and her daughter on Sat. and have a big family BBQ on Sunday. Will need to get lots of exercise in and pay attention to what I'm eating.
August 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
153.0 - Shouldnt complain because I've lost 2lbs each of the last two weeks. But I was at 153 Wednesday morning and I worked out Wednesday and thursday and ate healthily so I was really hoping to see a 152 something...even 152.8 would have been great as I have a bad habit of stalling at 153 and heading right back up to 157. Especially when I have this crazy weekend of events/dinners.

But I will take it one day at a time. Tonight is my dinner pub night with work folks. I got in an 8 mile run which burns about 1600cal and I plan to have 4 drinks = 1000cal. I looked up the menu online and am going to have the chefs salad which should keep me within my normal alloted calories for dinner and I'm going to have a bowl of soup before I go so I'm not starving.
September 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Have been making good choices all weekend and am feeling pretty awesome. Today and yesterday I felt toned, confident and pretty. My legs and butt are looking good from running and I'm just feeling so much better about myself.

19.5 mile run today - average pace 10.6 minutes per mile and I felt great! I bought a new water hydration backpack and it rocks. So much better than the stupid belt I was wearing before. I can pack all my water on my back and its comfortable and easy.
September 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Today was my rest day after my long run yesterday. Ate healthy, went and got groceries and got myself set up for next week. Feel like I'm on a roll. Why cant I remember how good it feels to be treating my body this right!

I made reasonable good food choices for the long weekend especially since I had so many dinners to go to. Sunday night I had dessert as well as a couple drinks but I figured I ran 31km's I could indulge a bit!

Works has gotten really stressful again but I'm motivated to see those 140's again!!
September 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
work is so busy. I'm tired because T peed again in the middle of the night and I couldnt fall asleep again for an hour because I was too awake after changing her and the sheets. I bought her pull ups because I gave up and now she refuses to wear the pull-ups anyways...ugh looking forward to this phase being done. Didnt let a bad sleep affect my food choices though. I didnt have time to exercise because I was on the road for work. I did walk about 3km's of trails though. Not much but better than nothing.
September 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
yesterday:

153.4 this morning which is good after the long weekend. determined to get below 153 this week! We were on strike at work today which was interesting but it meant I was able to run 12km at lunch though which was nice. But I got home this evening and was starving. I have been snacking on healthy foods but I am craving all sorts of junk!

Today:
153.4 - my body fights going below 153 so badly, but I will do it!! I am on cycle day 27 and I'm feeling quite bloated and stressed. I'm hoping that is a good sign that my period will be back more or less on time.
September 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
153.4 - my body fights going below 153 so badly, but I will do it!! I am on cycle day 27 and I'm feeling quite bloated and stressed. I'm hoping that is a good sign that my period will be back more or less on time.

Was still starving today!! I resisted the urge to go crazy but I look forward to breaking through this point. I am eating enough calories ~1700 so I should be good.

I have 3.5weeks to lose 3.4lbs before my race!

Just as I was headed out to run intervals a buddy from work was also headed out running. We ran together and did 4.2miles at 9.40min/mile pace. I felt a little guilty giving up the intervals but it was so hot out and running together we pushed ourselves so it was probably a better work out in the long run.
September 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
So I've had a rough weekend of overeating and stress. My niece has been here to stay and she can be trying at the best of times. Her and T were up late, they both wet their beds both nights and were up early. I was tired stressed about lots of things and made poor food choices (McDonalds, candy, chips...oh it was bad). Oh well, need to shake it off and move on!

I didnt get my 12mile run in yesterday due to all above factors and I wont be able to run Sunday-Wednesday this week either due to work. Need to make smart food choices and get whatever exercise I can in.

On a positive note last night I got my first negative pregnancy test since my miscarriage...woohoo!!! All HCG is out of my system meaning I can now start ovulating again.
September 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
been on the road for work, long tiring days. Have been eating well, and getting exercise. No running but walking the trails and lots of physical labour.
September 19th, 2012, 06:41 AM
153.6 this morning. The scale was good to me after my bad weekend of eating and shocking number on the scale on Monday. My work stress if finally settling down. I caught T's cold so I'm working on eating well and getting lots of sleep.

19 days till race, 15 days till I have to start carbo-loading. I desperately want to be in the 140's by then. 3.6lbs in 15 days. It sounds easy but I've been struggling with this for a month now. My body fights the 153 barrier so hard! Feeling motivated though. We have no big events this weekend so hopefully I can push it hard through then and not have to back track!!
September 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
153.6 this morning. Made good food choices this weekend and ran 10 miles and a good pace yesterday. I feel good physically and mentally. My clothes are fitting better and I'm looking forward to seeing that scale drop below 153!! 14 days till race day!!!
nurselochia likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
152.8. Well I didnt slam through the 153 barrier but it was nice to see a 2 there for the first time in 6 weeks! I can totally see the changes on my body though and I guess I'd rather see them there than on the scale. But sometimes that numerical validation feels so good. Heres hoping it just continue to drop.

I got my period again 2 days ago. I only had my last one 10 days ago so obviously my body is still wonky in that department. Today is pancake breakfast at work. I have to be there super early to man a booth and there should be like 400 people there. No pancakes for me though! Need to stay on track today despite the early start and hectic day.

I ran 10 hills yesterday which was tough but good. Today I'm headed out for a 7k tempo run with a guy from work.
September 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
150.2. Woohoo!!
nurselochia likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
2 days! Eek! Are you ready? I work tonight and then we get on the road for Chicag tomorrow morning after I get home. We'll hit the expo, get our carbs on and then I'm heading to bed at 7:30. Good luck and you'll be awesome if I don't get a chance to get on again!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

October 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I think I'm ready. I pulled my back and neck on Monday but it is finally feeling mostly better. That was really freaking me out. My family has all arrived in town and we are headed down to Victoria tomorrow morning. I have been carbo-loading all week...too much actually. I hope that doesnt make me sluggish! Anyways, I hope you have a great day and an awesome race!!
October 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ok - so its been almost two weeks since I have been posting in here and since then I have put on a bunch of weight (5lbs) have been super tired and not motivated at all. I was blaming the weather change (cold, rain and wind) and post race recovery, but turned out I can blame something else as well as I just had a BFP on my test at 10/11dpo. Trying not to get super excited after my miscarriage in August. But need to eat healthy and get back exercising.
nurselochia likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
155.2 - wish I could fast forward to Christmas! I hate the first trimester!!!

Total cal for the day 2034...had cake and banana bread...oh well at least I ran 7km at lunch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search