Trying to loose weight

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I am 26 years old with a 10 month old daughter. I have been trying to loose weight for the past few months and well the weight still isnt coming off even though I see inches coming off. My weekly routine is to run for 30 minutes on the treadmill in the evenings Monday-Thursday, during my breaks at work I walk for 15 minutes and always take the stairs, Friday-Sunday I walk my dog for 20 minutes. I do not eat a whole lot of junk food and have cut out soda and only aloud myself 1 cup of coffee in the morning. I do not have a whole lot of time between cleaning, preparing meals and working 40 hours a week. I am 5'4 165lbs. Any tips or suggestions?
September 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hi ,
i have more of advice for you ..

1- When you are exercising your body will use calories (energy) to fuel the exercise, no matter what exercise it is. The type of fuel, whether it is fat, sugar or other will depend on the type of exercise, the intensity, the meal consumed before and when and a number of other reasons.

2- SOME BODYWEIGHT EXERCISES THAT BURN FAT

-ROPE SKIPPING :
You will need a rope to perform the exercise. You can buy ‘special’ skipping ropes

How? To perform the skipping, try to keep your back straight and avoid leaning forward. Keep the elbows tacked in your body and the turning of the rope should come from the wrists. If you have to rotate your elbows to turn the rope then the rope may be too small. If you are a beginner in skipping, best jump two footed as it is easier to do. You can build different variations as you become more confident, such as alternate legs or cross arms etc.

How much? Perform for 3 min at the start of your workout to get your muscles and cardiopulmonary systems going, and then for another 5 min at the end. Skipping is more of an aerobic exercise and for maximising the fat you burn it is better if you perform resistance exercises 1st and aerobic exercise at the end. The 3 and 5 min may not seem as much but trust me if you never skipped before (being a child was the last time) you will find that is not as easy. If you are more fit then by all means add min on. Go at you own paste and fitness level.

2-PUSH UPS :

Push up or press ups as they may also be called, target the muscles on the chest, shoulders, arms, and back. There are a number of variations in performance and when performed on the floor with straight legs then they also work leg tummy and buttocks as stabilisers.

How? 1. Lay prone on the floor with palms flat on the floor placed slightly wider under your shoulders. Keep arms extended but do not lock the elbows.
2. Extended legs and toes tacked in to the floor (raise on to your toes), keep your back straight.
3. Contract your abdominal muscles and buttocks. Keep breathing don’t hold your breath.
4. Inhale, bend your elbows and lower your body to the floor.
5. Exhale, extend your arms and push your body back up to starting position. Repeat movement.
Easier variations include push ups against the wall (if you are really unfit) or the keeping the legs bend (on fours). Harder variations include one arm push ups or the legs placed on a bench or Swiss ball. Aim for what suits your own fitness level.
How much? Well it is quite a hard exercise. Aim for 4 to start off, rest for 30sec and perform another 4. If that is too hard then just do 4 and try to build on it or go for one of the easier variations and build on it. If you are fit and can do a couple of sets or more push up by all means judge it and go for it.
May 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Don't run on the treadmill and go for the outdoor cardio exercises.
Do high intensity cardio such as jogging, running, swimming, and cycling etc. for at least 30 minutes in your daily routine.
Also eat right foods for the natural weight loss. Raw veggies foods are more effective to burn unnecessary body fat.

Last edited by Hamlin; May 18th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search