Jodes' Progress Report

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2006, 09:50 AM
jodes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Start date: December 28th.

Current Weight: 135
Current Cholesterol: BAD

Goal Weight: 115/120
Goal Cholesterol: GOOD

Taking sweets out of the picture, caffeine, and eating better overall. More whole grains, and better proteins and Carbs. Starting work out routine on Friday evening.

Work out Goal ~
Wednesday - Strength Training
Thursday ~ Ab Class
Friday ~ Basic Cardio
Saturday ~ Strength Training
Sunday ~ Yoga/Pilates Class
Monday & Tuesday are off days - DH has golf league on Tuesdays, and Mondays is my day to chill
January 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM
jodes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to keep track in here, so here is a whole week worth of watching and working out. Tuesday January 2nd.

Breakfast:
Oops! I missed breakfast

Lunch
:
Bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup - 180 calories

Dinner
:
Enchiladas w/rice & beans - 280 calories + extra helping of rice & beans 180, 1 cup milk - 100 calories

Snack
:
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds - 160 Calories

Exercise
:
45 minutes on Eliptical - burned 435 calories.

Total Calories
: 465. Not quite enough to be healthy To maintain my current 135lbs, I have to intake around 1400 calories a day. In order to lose, I have to cut that by 300 calories, so technically I should be eating around 1000/1100 calories a day to keep my metabolism at an optimum level. Otherwise, I'm working against myself. Dang it.!!!
Wednesday January 3rd:

Weigh in - 133lbs. oooo, 2lbs difference. Probably water weight.

Water goal today
: 60 Ounces. DONE

Breakfast:
1 Egg - 80 calories, 1 slice of Colby Jack - 90 calories, 1 tbsp butter - 90 Calories, 1 cup of orange juice - 110 calories, 1 cup Green Tea - 0 calories = Total for Breakfast, 370 calories

Exercise:
30 minutes Eliptical - burned 303 calories, 30 minutes treadmill - burned 223 calories = Total burned Calories 526.

** I met with a personal trainer today at the GYM to discuss a few things, I have a meeting with him next week to do my numbers. He'll then provide me with a detailed work out routine for optimal results. Yea

Lunch:
1 slice of Whole Grain Honey Wheat bread - 110 calories, 1 can albacore tuna in water - 100 calories, 2 tbsp fat free Mayo - 100 Calories, 1 4oz Activia Yogurt - 110 calories = Total Calories 420

Snack:
6 Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil triscuits - 120 Calories, with Provolone squares - 70 Calories = Total snack 190 Calories

Dinner:
STUPID STUPID STUPID - Fish Sandwhich on WHITE bun and French Fries, estimated calories for the entire dump of a dinner at the local bar & grill, 650 calories= Total for Dinner 650 Calories.

Total for the Day = 1222 Calories (1810 consumed-588 burned). That is 222 over what I want to consume. Oh well, more push to work harder at the gym tomorrow.
* I did vacuum today,and I think the calorie burn for 15 minutes is 36 calories. I also had to scrub the floor and that took like 5 minutes and that's about 26 calories burned. So an additional 62 burned doing regular everyday stuff. Cool.
================================================== =====================Thursday January 4th[/color] [color="#990000"]Okay...new day, new goals. Weigh in at 8:00 am = 128. Must be the early morning empty gut, because there is no way that I've lost 7lbs in 4 days ?? I didn't start working out until Monday, but started cutting out sugar, fast food, and refined flour (white breads, pasta's, etc...) last week. So maybe....

Water Goal: 60 ounces.

Calorie Burn goal: 500 to 600, via 35:00 minutes on Eliptical and 45:00 minutes on the Treadmill.

Breakfast:
Skipped, way to busy getting us out of the house and off to the doctor this morning for Nathan's 6 month appt., and then some errands. Had some Green Tea = 0 Calories.

Lunch:
Also skipping, sort of, not really hungry but am going to snack on sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup - 60 calories = Total Lunch Calories 60.

Snack:
12 triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil - 240 Calories; w/2 slices Provolone - 140 Calories = Total Snack Calories 380 ( that's like a whole freaking meal )

Dinner:
Chicken Noodle/Homemade Soup - 180 Calories, 1 cup 1% Milk - 100 Calories = Total Dinner Calories 280

Snack:
Activia Yogurt - 110 Calories, Nature Valley Granola - 180 Calories = Total Snack Calories 290

Gym:
45 Minutes on the Treadmill - burned 300 calories, 30 minutes in eliptical - burned 305 calories = Total Burned Calories 603

Total Calories today 687 ( 1290 consumed, and 603 burned ).
Yea ME!!! Now I'm to read a book and sleep.

ETA: I was hungry...so I had 2 slices Cinnamon/Raisin bread w/a pat of butter. Butter - 90 Calories, and 2 slices bread - 190. (adjusted count for the day)
================================================== =====================January 5th: I didn't weigh in this morning. Kinda like peeing on a stick when you are TTC, you have to do it first thing...

Another new day. Looking forward to hitting the gym again, after a successful last few days. I'm feeling so much better. No headaches from sugar, no weird aches here and there, and I've been so pleasant. I think I'm working off any frustrations I have on the treadmill and eliptical. 1 more week of base cardio, and I start putting in an Ab class, a Yoga Class, and a strength training/cardio class. Those will be my true test of wills on going to the gym. I have to note that when the classes start to burn me out, I just need to lay back. I'm not a huge fan of structure in relation to me, for my family yes, but I hate to be on schedule of sorts...Strange, I know. Its the whole control thing I have. Oh, and I'm loving Green Tea and the Activia is great. Who would have thunk it?

Anyway....

Water Goal: 60 Ounces

Exercise Goal: Today is my off day - but will be doing plenty of housework, and will estimate my calorie burn via a measurement tool I have from my doctor. I'd like to burn at least 200 calories in just house-work. I have a butt-load of laundry to do, general cleaning ( because Elizabeth doesn't start back up until next week, and we have friends coming over tomorrow )....

BreakFast:
1 cup Special K - 110 Calories, 15 Rasberries about 10 calories, 1/2 cup 1% milk - 50 Calories, 1 cup Green Tea - 0 Calories = Total BreakFast Calories - 170 Calories

Lunch:
Green Leafy Lettuce - 0 Calories, 2 TBSP Fat Free Ranch - 70 Calories, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg - 76 Calories, 1/2 Avacado = 152 Calories ( wow these are high in cals , but they sure are tasty), and 1/4 cup Feta Cheese - 80 Calories = Total Lunch Calories - 378 Calories

Snack:
1 Mini Bag Lite Popcorn - 100 Calories, w/Butter sprinkles - 0 Calories = Total Snack Calories - 100 Calories

Dinner:
Garlic Salmon Filets, with dill, lemon, onions and garlic - 169 Calories, 1 Cup Steamed Long Grain and Wild Rice - 190 Calories, 1 cup Whole Cut Green Beans - 40 Calories = Total Dinner Calories - 399

Total Calories for the day 794
( *253* burned, 1047 Consumed)

Burned 253 vigorously cleaning my house.

================================================== ===================

January 6th:

Today is Saturday, and I'm going to struggle quite a bit with the fact that we have a social engagement tonight. So, I'm going to work extra hard at the gym this morning before my hair appointment. The boys and I played this morning, seeing as everyone was up at the crack of dawn this morning thanks to my 3 year old. So, we've been playing spill the beans, and are currently watching Mickey's Clubhouse while Nathan jumps in his jumper ( he loves it ). My mom is coming for the boys at 10:30 this morning so they can spend the day with them and take them to the Childrens Museum.

Anyway...

My Water Goal
: 60 ounces, especially since I'm going out for cocktails tonight.

Exercise Goal: 45 minutes on treadmill, variation cycle for inclines and declines at around 4.0 for my speed. Then off to the eliptical for 170 strokes per minute for 30 minutes. I would like to burn off 600 to 700 calories, to give me an edge over the cocktails I'm consuming tonight. I won't have an exact count of calories today...but I'm going to try and estimate.

Breakfast:
1 cup Special K - 110 Calories, 1 cup 1% milk 100 Calories = Total Breakfast Calories 210.

Lunch (same as yesterday):
Green Leafy Lettuce - 0 Calories, 2 TBSP Fat Free Ranch - 70 Calories, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg - 76 Calories, 1/2 Avacado = 152 Calories, and 1/4 cup Feta Cheese - 80 Calories = Total Lunch Calories - 378 Calories

Gym:
30 Eliptical and 35 on Treadmill, they were full today so I had to respect the "time" on the machines. = Burned 403 Calories

Dinner:
AHHHHHHHHHHH! This is pretty bad. I'm providing my full nights escapade here in the Black, White, and Red for all the eyes to see. I figure if I post it as an edit I can't get too much heat because it might just get overlooked. Feel freel to kick my booty and call me names, I deserve it....

Let's start with the Alcohol shall we.... I had 9 Boulevard Wheat Ale's, at a whopping 155 calories per pint, 1395 Calories. I also had 3 meatballs - 190 Calories, and 4 little wrapped weenies - 150 Calories = Total Dinner free for all is 1735 Calories.
Now let's end with the dancing. I danced for approximately 2 hours, and feel that I had a pretty good work out. The burn on drunking dancing equals about 583 calories. Not bad...glad to see that something good came of the night.

Total for the day = 1337. That's not really bad, I'm shocked...but what do you do gotta have a party sometimes. I'll recover this week at the gym.

================================================== =================

Sunday January 7th

Not a good day overall. I woke up hung over and totally sleepless in Nebraska. The report for today is not good and is not pretty, so this is not for the faint and the weak at heart by any means. Read with caution:

Breakfast: 2 Sausage Breakfast Burritos from McDonalds @ 300 Calories each - 600 Calories, 2 Hashbrowns @ 140 Calories each - 280 Calories, and a small Orange Juice, 140 = Total Breakfast nightmare 1020 Calories.

Lunch: Too tired to get my hung over butt off the couch and do anything relatively close to movement or eating, so I guess that's a good thing.

Dinner: This is where it gets totally Freddie Kruger like. I decided that I needed something really bad and nasty for my body that was overloaded from the night before ( take a gander at yesterday's lovely menu of delightfulness). So, I went to Taco Bell. I had 2 Crunchy Taco Supremes @ a whopping 220 Calories each - 440 Calories, 1 Mexican Pizza - 540 Caloires, and a Nacho - 320 Calories. Pretty TASTY!!! = Total Dinner Caloric massacre - 1300 Calories.

Total Day from H E L L = 2320 wonderful calories consumed

================================================== ================

Monday January 8th:

Its a brand new day, and beginning to a brand new week. In with the new, and definately out with the old. Yesterday was harsh, but I'm pulling myself up by the perfect little boots I have on and getting back on the track of goodness. The angels were not guiding me on Saturday night, nor Sunday much either. I'm rejuvanated and ready to hit it hard tonight after work...the treadmill and eliptical are my freinds in need today.

Weigh in: 126.

Water Goal: 60 Ounces

Gym Goal: 45 minutes on Treadmill at 4.0 speed w/some inclines and declines in there mixed, 30 minutes of hard time on the eliptical. I would like to burn around 700 Calories tonight.

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K - 110 Calories, 1 Cup 1% Milk - 100 Calories, Green Tea, 0 Calories = Total Breakfast Calories 210.

Lunch: Bowl Vegetable Beef Soup - 80 Calories (5 from fat), 1 Activia Yogurt - 110 Calories = Total Lunch Calories, 190 Calories

Snack: 1 small bag pop corn, 100 Calories = Total Snack, 100 Calories.

Dinner: Chicken in Red Wine Sauce, 211 Calories (3.5 from Fat), 1 cup wild Rice, 190 Calories, 1 cup 1% milk, 100 Calories, 1 Cup Italian Cut Green Beans, 20 Calories = Total Dinner Calories, 521.

Total for the day: **TBD** (Total Burn **, Total Consumed 1021)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search