My journey out of the plus size section!

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today is day 2 of week one.

Lets be honest here. I've tried losing weight and getting healthier before. Wether I tried calling it a diet or a change of life style all I really managed to change was my eating habbits for about a week and then I come to find myself driving 50 miles over the speed limit to get to the grocercy store to get those potato chips or the candy bar, and eating it like my last meal was in 1999. (okay a little exxageration and humor but a nessacry point to make) Why didn't it work then?
Proabably had something to do with the lack of motivation and the sheer laziness I faced myself with.
Thats really the only real excuse that I can share with myself or anyone else who comes to watch and embark on my journey to getting out of the plus size section.

I've noticed over time that alot of people ask this question when someone gets started losing weight or after they start to see that initial weightloss set in.
That question is of course why did you get started, or what made you finally get motivated to get up and shed the pounds.

My answer to this commong question is this: "The day I tried getting into my size 14 jeans and my xl shirt but then I had to drown myself in crisco oil before I could pull up my pants farther then my knees, and then when finally did pull up my pants, my ankles and feet were the deepest shade of purple and looked like they needed to be amputated, not only to mention that when I go to button them I had to use a rather large saftey pin to hold them up.. then taking a step before all of the seams busted open, exposing my skin like a cannon ball being fired off.

Of course that didn't happen to that extreme but we've all tried to roll into our favoriot pair of jeans that were really a little too small. But honestly I think we all start to loose weight to both look AND feel better.

Or maybe looking better is feeling better, and feeling better is looking better. I really dont know that, but I do know that I want to get out of the plus size section and maybe actually be brave enough to go swimming @ the beach and not have to worry about any fisherman trying to catch me becuase they think that I am nessy the lockness monster.

Thats my story and I'll stick to it for now.
If I don't post anymore after this I proabably got arrested for breaking every traffic law there is and then to slam on my breaks in the parking lot and eat the whole section of the candy isle.
I'm only kidding of course.
I will be honest about one thing though.
I do hope to get to know all of you better and wish you the most success in your own personal journey!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

June 5th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Slim Quick Supplement
Breakfast: 1 can of peaches 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
bowl of rice krispies & metimucil fiber cookie
Snack: Honey bunches of oats
Lunch 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta with 1/2 slice of reg cheese
1 cup of broc & coliflour mix
Slim Quick Supplement
Will update the rest later

June 5th, 2007, 06:42 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're off to a great start. Keep it going. Stock the fridge with fruits and veg. Get packets of dried fruits and nuts and nibble on those if you get the "crisps urge".

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

June 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Breakfast~ Slim fast can
Snack~ 100 calorie pack of oreos
Lunch~ Salad w/ ff ranch dressing 1/2 cantelope
Snack~ Mandrian Oranges & Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Supper~ Slim Fast Can
Snack~ Bag of Kettle Corn

Walk for 45 minnutes
25 sit ups
15 arm reps
15 squats
10 push ups

June 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing your story.I loved it. You can do it!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Dina~ Thank you! I read your journal and seen your pictures and you are an insperation to me. I hope that I can stay on board!

June 6th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Wake-Up Leptopril 2 capsules
Breakfast 2 egg whites w/ Steam Veggies 1 slice whole wheat toast 1 piece of fruit
Snack Fat free cottage cheese & piece of fruit
Lunch Medium Salad with ff ranch dressing
Half of a whole wheat turkey sandwhich with light mayo only.
1 cup of soup (chicken noodle)
Snack kettle Corn 1/2 bag
Supper Grilled chicken breast, brown rice or whole wheat pasta, steam veggies, medium salad ff ranch dressing

Thats my plan and I'm stickin to it :-)

I am planning to go for a 45 minnute bike ride today and a 30 minnute walk but it is raining a bit now so hopefuly
it clears up later so I can get out for a bit.

June 6th, 2007, 09:26 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Dina~ Thank you! I read your journal and seen your pictures and you are an insperation to me. I hope that I can stay on board![/b]
I wish I had stayed on board,I would be past my goal by now.. But, I am back on track and looking forward to those size 12 jeans... And then size 10, then 8 and so on... hee hee. Seriously, I'm really glad your here and I'm rooting you on girl! YOU CAN DO IT!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Dina~ Thank you! I read your journal and seen your pictures and you are an insperation to me. I hope that I can stay on board![/b]
I wish I had stayed on board,I would be past my goal by now.. But, I am back on track and looking forward to those size 12 jeans... And then size 10, then 8 and so on... hee hee. Seriously, I'm really glad your here and I'm rooting you on girl! YOU CAN DO IT!
[/b]
Thank you so much, just having you and all the other girls and this board is really helping me stay on track with all of this. I really thought I would have been off the wagon by now. I can feel that this time its for life!!

I should add in instead of my weigth what clothing sizes I am into since sometimes the numbers dont shrink but your body does.!

Starting 242lbs 16/18 pants
1xl & 2xl tops depending upon the cut and style

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search