Teresa's Weight loss Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2007, 04:48 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I may decide to keep a blog elsewhere too, but figured what the heck I could start one here as well. I am at 208 pounds, well it was 204.6 this morning without clothes. I like that weight better so I am going with that one for now. Here I am. Totally motivated today and trying to keep it going. I haven't worked out yet today. It's the weekend so I just couldn't will myself to get up early this morning and probably won't tomorrow morning either, but starting on Monday I will switch my workouts to early mornings since dh is working nights. I want to get my measurements today as well so I can keep track of that. I have so much weight to lose and trying to just focus on things one day at a time and making small goals. I will post again later tonight once I have had a chance to get a workout in. I am very determined with this.

Updated: I moved my blog over to Justmommies blogs. Here's the link Teresa's Weightloss Blog

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 1! Woohoo! I did it! I made it through the whole day and stayed on my diet! I exercised too! I didn't do that much of a workout, but I have learned the hard way to start off easy and work your way up or you'll be too sore to work out for a week. I did one of my The Firm videos. I only did the warm up and the first section, but that's a good start. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and either do the same amount or add on depending on whether I am sore or not. I am so proud of myself. I know I have a long way to go, but I am determined to do this!!!

October 15th, 2007, 02:43 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 3

So far so good! This weight isn't just falling off, but I know it will come off if I stick with it. I got up at 5am this morning and worked out for 20 minutes. I wanted to do more, but I am really trying to make this gradual so I don't quit and I don't get too sore. Tomorrow I may go up to 25 minutes and I am wearing shoes tomorrow! Working out barefoot jumping around is not such a good idea on my basement floor. The diet part has so far been surprising easy. I haven't been hungry. I think I will do an ab workout tonight too since I never get to that part with the dvd. I feel really good about what I've done so far. I wish I would have started sooner. I have a Christmas party that I'd like to look good for and don't think I'll have enough off by then. Oh well, I'll do what I can do.

October 15th, 2007, 08:37 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Welp, I made it through 3 days. This is really kicking my butt! I always forget how hard this is. I miss being in good shape. I'd like to start running again honestly, but as heavy as I am right now I know I'll get shin splints trying to run at this weight. Besides I don't like running in the cold. Maybe once I start to hit a plateau with my weight I can take on running again. I am really kind of sore today and I still haven't done that much of a workout yet. I am trying to move gradually on the exercise though so I don't hurt myself. Anyway, feeling good and strong at the moment. Waiting for the weakness to take over. I'm going to have to psych myself out. Get some of that music that keeps me on track and play it. I'll post more in here tomorrow.

October 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you're definitely off to a great start! Keep it up!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2007, 03:09 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, I did it! I made it through another workout! I am struggling with some of the cardio stuff not so much because I am tired, but my poor coordination. I am really thinking about taking some dance classes or something. I'm tired of my bad coordination slowing me down. Anyhow, I got up at 5 and worked out until 5:30. I am still not feeling worn out from the workout. The diet part has not been as hard for me. Although I did struggle a lot not to splurge last night. I was really stressed out and frustrated and was in one of those the heck with it modes. Anyhow, off to start my day. I can't wait until tomorrow for my "official weigh in", but I will confess in here that I have stepped on the scale and it said 200.4 this morning! I am really hoping it will be below 200 tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. I usually lose the first 20 pounds really fast so hoping to do the same this time. It's the last 50 that are going to be tough.

October 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I'm getting there. Weighed in today again at 200.4. I am going to do my very best not to step on a scale until next Friday. It's a bad habit of mine, weighing every day, and honestly it is not a good one. I did my Firm workout again. I have one more section and the cool down and I will be doing the whole thing. I need to increase my weights on one of the sections already. I am really ready to do this. I don't care about being super skinny. I just like having a muscular in shape body. I don't like being mommy miss flabby. Need to just keep my head focused and I can do this. I'll weigh in next Friday and maybe take some new pictures too, depending on what my weight is.

October 22nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Doing pretty good today. I think I am ditching this dvd workout I've been doing and trying something else. I don't really like it that much. I have a few other to try so I figure I will check them out tomorrow. I have been doing great on my diet and honestly keep feeling like I am eating too much because I am just not feeling hungry at all, but my calorie intake I feel is fairly low and don't feel comfortable dropping it any lower. I want to increase my protein some though because I don't think I am getting enough protein if I am using weights.

I am quite proud of myself for not stepping on the scale. This is usually really hard for me, and honestly it's hard now, but I really want to cut out this obsessive weighing. I did this last time I lost weight and it really wasn't healthy for me. Besides it feels like so much more of an accomplishment weighing once a week. I am feeling really good, but I can't tell that I've lost any weight. I hate that it takes so long to notice a difference. I just keep focusing on myself in that dress for Christmas. I really want to do it by Christmas. Not sure if I can get quite to my goal because that's really a short amount of time, but thinking I can get 10 pounds from my goal. I think I'd still look decent at that weight.

October 24th, 2007, 03:01 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I confess. I stepped on the scale today. I really tried to make it a week, but just had to know if I was below 200 yet. I am!!! Yay!!! 198.8 I am kind of bummed that I let myself get this heavy to begin with, but you know here I am and that's what I got to work with. I am just going to keep pushing along. I got up really early this morning to work out and then of course it took me 20 minutes of playing on the computer before I could will myself to workout. Then the entire dvd I just wanted to cry because it was so hard for me. I didn't do the whole thing even though I really wanted to, but I did push myself through quite a bit of it. I skipped 2 of the sections and did half of the ab workout. I hadn't really got to any of the ab workouts with the dvd I was doing last week so between yesterday's ab workout and today's I was just sore so I figure half is a good start. Now onto a healthy breakfast.

October 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I have done pretty good with my diet and got in a decent workout. Not a great workout, but not too bad. I really want to find some new dvds, but just can't decide which ones. I am a little frustrated that I have lost 10 pounds and you can't tell by looking at me. I wish it wasn't such a long slow process. I am determined to do it though and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I plan to take some new pics this weekend for my picture thread. Anyhow, guess that's about it for today. I am just really tired tonight.

November 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I'm hanging in there so figured I'd post in here. I am doing great on my diet, but been having a real hard time getting in exercise the past week. I have just been tired and having a hard time finding the time to exercise. Dh really needs to get off of night shift soon. I am going to try to do something tonight even if it's just 10 minutes. I'll post an update later tonight after I get it done.

November 8th, 2007, 03:40 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I started doing Taebo again. It's kicking my butt. I ordered his Bootcamp dvd since I really like bootcamp workouts. I am going to start rotating all of the cardio in the morning and start trying to rotate strength training and yoga at night. I have tried to do yoga before and never really stuck with it. I want to succeed with it this time. AF is here so I doubt I'll see much of a loss this weigh in, but hopefully will lose a bunch next weigh in. I really want to get in the 180s. Really I want to get in the 160s. I don't feel nearly as fat at 160 something as I do right now. I am still plugging along and keeping my eye on the goal. I think it will take me until summer time to really get there, but man summer time is the perfect time to look good! I want to do something awesome this year for our anniversary and have the hot bod to go with it, lol. I am still feeling really up and really motivated.

November 9th, 2007, 03:53 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am down 16 pounds now! Yay!!! I can really feel a difference in my clothes now. I am just trying to stay really, really focused. I had a slacker week last week and this week wasn't perfect, but I did much better with exercise. I am really trying to get my cardio up and once that is up I am going to start working harder on strength training again. Dh is off of night shift as of today!!!! This should really help me a lot. I want to start rotating yoga and strength training in the afternoon/evening and doing cardio in the morning. I haven't been able to do much in the evening because noone's been here to keep all the kids out of my hair. I think I am going to try and start adding the yoga and strength training in on Monday. I am feeling really good. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to be that bad. I am not hungry and I am eating food that tastes good so that helps. Dh has been really supportive this time. Last time I was losing weight he wasn't supportive like this so that is really good for me.

November 12th, 2007, 03:47 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I only got in 22 minutes of Taebo this morning, but I did work up to 15 situps. I also did 5 pushups boy style. Well the first 3 were in almost good form. The last 2 were kind of sloppy, but I really want to build up to doing 20 or more boy pushups. I did another 10 girly pushups too. Neil is off of night shift now so I am going to try to add a workout in the evening as well. We'll see how that goes. My diet has been good and that part has been surprisingly easy for me so far. I really want to see the 180s by next weigh in. I think I can do it. I wish this didn't have to take so long. It's kind of discouraging to be almost to the 180s and you really still can't tell a difference by looking at me. My clothes do feel loser though and I think I am close to dropping a size. It takes forever to go from size 18 to size 16. Still plugging along. Will check in again later.

November 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I haven't exercised in a few days. I have been so super busy this week I just can't seem to squeeze the time in. I got some new dvds in and I want to start working harder on this. I am doing great with eating well. I haven't had any slips yet. I feel a lot better in my clothes, but still have a way to go. I am at 182.8 now so I am happy with that. I am making my next short term goal to be at 165.

December 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I got a new dvd that I've been doing and it totally has me motivated. I am doing Jari Love's Get Ripped Slim & Lean and I just love it. It's an awesome workout and I want to go buy more of her dvds. I forgot to post in here that I am in a 14. I've been in a 14 for a while now. I am really trying to push myself a lot harder with the exercise because I really have been slacking with it. So far I am 3 days in a row which is awesome for me. Yesterday, was kind of a whimpy workout, but I at least did something. Tomorrow is my cardio day so I am going to try to not slack off. I hate cardio! I am just trying to work on it because that is where I can really tell how out of shape I am. Anyhow, I'm still in the 180s. I really hope to be in the 170s by Friday's weigh in. I'm determined to do it. I'll check in here again later.

December 24th, 2007, 09:42 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Updated: I moved my blog over to Justmommies blogs. Here's the link Teresa's Weightloss Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search