Jennifer's Weightloss and Fitness Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Ugh, why is this so hard for me all of a sudden??? Got some exercise in today, but don't feel like I really did all I could. That's like two days of exercise this week. Maybe I should go back to tracking my minutes... that seemed to help??

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
been offline at home and not sure when I'll be back on. Eating okay, exercising when I can, which has not been daily and not been really going after it... but I'm down another pound, so that's okay I guess. Just need to start making it happen again.

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
the last couple of weeks have been going somewhat better. I'm weighing around 188 and comfortably fitting in size 12 jeans. My workout routine has been:

Monday- 30 Day Shred, level 3
Tuesday- cardio (whatever I feel like doing)
Wednesday- Shred, level 2
Thursday- yoga
Friday- Shred, level 1
Saturday- cardio
Sunday- easy yoga or stretch or rest

SEems to be working out well. We still don't have a good computer at home (this has been very frustrating to type) so I'm not currently logging in my food with MFP. I'm still doing okay, work is still the hardest. So many treats, and too much time~! It helps that the last few shifts have been busy, since I don't like to get "caught" eating. I went out for a walk/jog this morning, only about amile /c it was almost time for b'fast and I didn't want to freeze my face off! Actually, it was really nice, cold and breezy but sunny (almost 30 degrees, even). I'm looking forward to this summer- maybe I'll actually wear cute summer clothes!

February 17th, 2011, 08:05 AM
back online at home, yay! This week has gotten a little "off" but I'm doing good. The weather has been gorgeous (for February) so I've been able to add some outdoor walking/jogging to my routine. I've replaced a few of my shred workouts this way, it feels so good to be able to go outside. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees and sunny! It's too early for this good weather to last (winter ain't over yet) so I'm going to soak it up while I can!

February 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
This weekend was awesome- I was able to get new running shoes AND we decided to spend some of our refund on a treadmill! Yesterday I just tried it out for a little bit, but today I decided to try the 3K jog. I really didn't know if I could do it... but I did!

Three years ago, when Mary was a baby, I could only barely make it up the stairs. I could only barely make it through a 15 minute walk with Leslie Sansone. Today I did a full upper-body strength routine and then a 3K jog without feeling like it was too much. I'm going to plan on running at least one 5K this summer- it will be my first race. I know they do one locally around Memorial day, but don't know details. But by this summer I should be in good shape to run.

Best of all, Chuck decided he wants to get on the treadmill "every day". I'm so happy and proud of him.

This post is basically a great big THANK YOU to MYSELF!

February 25th, 2011, 11:50 AM
had an awesome weigh in this morning- 184! I've now lost more than 20 pounds (from my pre-Lucy weight of 205) and I'm 4 pounds away from my first goal weight. I'm excited to take measurements at the end of this month, will try to get new pics, too.

I've been back to doing the food log at MFP; that helps so much. Today I did an interval jog/run on the treadmill; tomorrow I'll do something else- maybe some weights and stretching. Then on Sunday I'm going to jog the 5k on the treadmill and see what my time is. That will give me some idea of where I'm at, so I know what goals I can set for improvement.

February 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I will get off my *** and do a workout now!

February 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
end of Feb. measurements:

weight= 183.4

neck: 13.75 in.
waist: 33 in.
low ab: 36 in.
hips: 40.5 in.
bust: 35.25 in.

estimated body fat percentage: 30.2% In the "acceptable" range for the first time!!!

March 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
fitness pics comparison, from October (weighed about 197) to yesterday (weight 184).

a work in progress... but I'm proud of what I've done.

March 3rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
running a 5k competition on the treadmill through iFit today. Should be... fun?

March 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM
yesterday's run went well. I did it in just over 35 minutes, had to drop to a walk @ about 20 min to get a drink. Learned to DOUBLE TIE shoes when I'm going to do a long run.

Today I'm going to do some upper body work and then the treadmill, whichever programmed workout is next. Tomorrow will be a rest day. Sunday I work in the a.m. but then I think I'll have time to do a good workout in the p.m. I'll spend some time planning next week, too. With Lent coming up, I have an extra reason to address too much sugar, make some resolutions to do better.

March 20th, 2011, 12:28 PM
been a while since I updated. I did 5K on the treadmill in almost 37 minutes. That's not great BUT I didn't drop down to a walk for the whole thing. My max speed was 6mph, but I only kept that up for the last half mile or so.

It has taken two weeks to get back down to 182.. I went up to 185 after going off the diet wagon the weekend before Mardi Gras. Sucks that it takes two weeks to work off three days' indiscretion.

I haven't planned this week's exercise yet. I also haven't signed up for any races yet. There just aren't that many in the area, and I can't drive three hours to get to a race that starts at 8 in the morning. not fair.

March 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
geez, isn't March over yet?!?

Went for a run almost to the VFW and back today in just about exactly 30 minutes. Walked to the top of the hill, jogged there and back to the hill, walked about 30 seconds, then sprinted to the mail box. It was a beautiful day; Glory (the dog for anybody reading) went with me.

My weight is still at about 181-182... maybe I've lost inches this month, though, because it seems like my pants are a bit looser. I'm going to wait until Friday (April 1) for official weigh-in and measurements.

Tomorrow- upper body/core routine and a short jog on the tready or outside. Going to do a long routine similar to last week's on Thursday. Friday jog. Saturday stretch or rest. I'll check back in by then.

April 1st, 2011, 07:36 AM
April Measurements:

weight 181.6

hips: 41"
low ab: 37.5"
waist: 32"
bust: 35.5"
chest: 37.5"
neck: 13.5"

estimated body fat: 29.9%

Stayed at about the same this month- some measurements are down a bit, some are up a little bit. What's up with that?? Maybe it's just variations in how I'm measuring since I'm doing it myself. Yeah, that sounds good. I felt like I did really well this month, guess I need to keep at it. Think I have a mild UTI, have been feeling it since yesterday. Haven't had one in years and years. Going to try just drinking a lot of water, if that doesn't help will start taking oregano oil. Thank goodness it's Friday, but would be nice to have a weekend off.

April 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm doing better today. Went on my longest jog so far... 3.5 miles almost w/o stopping (had to take a quick potty bread halfway through) and also did 20 minutes warm-up and abs.

I haven't planned this week's routines yet...

April 7th, 2011, 06:44 PM
this has been an unusual week. Monday I ran out of time so did a quick 30ds before work. Tuesday was terrible but I got in some yoga in the p.m. Wednesday I was gone most of the day taking Lucy to the doc so no exercise. Today I did a jog on the treadmill. Tomorrow I'm just going to have to see how it goes. We're working to get some household routines back in place and while that will help in the long run... short term result is that I don't have any time for anything. It stinks, but maybe I was doing too much and need more rest days in my routine.

Weigh in tomorrow... keeping my fingers crossed.

April 17th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Last week was miserable. That UTI I'd been trying to flush out naturally got suddenly worse on Wednesday, so I'm on an antibiotic now. Hate to think how that's gonna mess up my system, but beats killing my kidneys! Then we ended up spending all day Thursday AND Friday getting new casts put on the baby. I don't even remember what exercise I did and when, except for jogging 2.8 miles from the end of Red Shed back home on Tuesday. It will be great to get back in a (somewhat normal) routine!

April 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Wait, what day is today!? LOL! Let's see... Sunday I did an upper body circuit and a speed interval workout (4x400) on the treadmill. Yesterday (Monday) I did Kenpo X. It's been a while- that's a fun one! Today I did a 4.3 mile jog on the treadmill in 52 minutes including warm up and cool down walking. My longest jog so far!

The next two days are going to be very busy, but I'm going to see what I can do. I'm going to try to fit in the leg routine from the challenge and maybe 30DS in the morning tomorrow or just take a day off if things are too crazy. On Thursday we have to take Lucy to the doc, but that's not until the p.m. so I should have time to do yoga.

April 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Yesterday, I did 30DS and leg work. Today (Thursday) I did a 2.3 mile jog in the a.m. and Yogilates level 2 just this evening. The yogilates was easier than I thought it would be, makes a good night-time workout. I burned some calories (two fast food meals today, yuck!) but don't feel all worked up.

When I was changing into workout top this evening I noticed I can see a lot more definition in my upper back and shoulders than I ever have. Hard work will be paying off by summer time.

Tomorrow is Good Friday, so not sure if I will do any exercise. Maybe just do legs and some stretching, maybe just a jog, maybe take a rest day. It kinda depends on how things go. I will def. be weighing in tomorrow, though. I feel like I've had a good week.

April 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
We had a good Easter weekend. I made two desserts- a strawberry pie and graham cracker brownies and had a small piece of each.. but NO Easter candy! No jellybeans, no cadbury eggs, and I didn't miss it AT ALL. We didn't do baskets for the kids this year, and I didn't hear any complaints. We had roasted chicken dinner and for breakfast we made cornmeal pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup. It was a really good day.

I've lost track of the exercise I've been doing... Today I did the Firm's 500 calorie workout (actually burned 520-something). Yesterday I did ab/core work, 3-mile jog, and most of Stretch X. Sunday (Easter Day) I jogged to the end of the road and back (5K) in about 26 minutes! I really wonder if I could possibly have timed myself right for that, it doesn't seem possible. I'll try again one of these days and get the kids to time me.

Plan for the rest of the week: tomorrow I've got a long jog on the treadmill. Thursday I'm taking Lucy to the doctor in the a.m. so probably will do some yoga or something a little more low-key in the p.m. Friday I'd like to get some strength training in, so maybe do something like Core Synergistics or one of the One on One (Mammoth, maybe?) Or just go on my own, UML style. I dunno... I'll decide when I get to it. Saturday will be a rest day, and then *hopefully* the weather will cooperate to let me get a run outside in for Sunday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search