Jennifer's Weightloss and Fitness Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
It's Friday and I was going to do a strength training day, but it is TOO PRETTY to stay inside so I went for a nice easy walk/jog instead. It was great! I probably went about 4 miles, and took just under an hour. I need to plan ahead for dinner tonight... depending on what Chuck wants to do this evening I might wait to eat until I get home from work.

Tomorrow is the last day of April so I will be weighing in and taking measurements. I also want to try on that bathing suit I've had stored away since last fall. Starting this first week of May I want to do the 8-week 5k training program at about.com I'm going to try the intermediate and see how that goes. Just in case that one race pans out at the end of June I want to be ready just in case.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
end of April/ beginning of May measurements:

weight 175.4

chest: either 36" or 37"
bust: 34"
bicep: 12" (same both sides)
waist: 31.75"
@ bellybutton: 33"
low ab: 36.25"
hips: 40.25"
thighs: 20.5" (same both sides)
calf: 13" (same both sides)

estimated body fat: 28.7%

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM
week to week, even month to month, it seems like I haven't made enough progress. We are four months into this year, so I decided to do a comparison between now and the beginning of January. Since then I have lost a total of 13.75 inches including 2.5 inches from my waist and 3.75 inches off my hips/butt. I've lost 16.4 pounds and my estimated body fat percentage has gone down by 4.7%.

But there have been NSVs, too. In January I had never jogged for a mile; now I can comfortably jog at least 4 miles at a time. Just last night an acquaintance I hadn't seen in a long time said, "Look at your skinny self! You look good!" and she meant it. I've learned to be more aware (and appreciative) of the food I put in my body. I've started to see that I can be a real positive influence on the choices hubby makes regarding daily activity and what he eats.

All that, and I feel good! There are still issues with my knees, back, digestion, etc... but overall I feel more energetic and stronger than I have been in a long time. I don't need a nap to get through the day anymore. I spend less time sitting and more time doing things.

So, looking back, I have made a lot of progress even just since the beginning of the year. I hope that realizing how far I've really come will help me stay on track.

May 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Day 2 of 5k training, 2 mile run today. Ran mile 1 in 11:23 and mile 2 in 10:25. Tomorrow is 30 minute tempo run; I should be able to get outside if the weather cooperates. Will also do core and upper body work if there is time for a second workout in the p.m.

I knew we were going to have ice cream this evening, so I did good at work. But, then I dished up more than I should have; about 560 calories' worth. I'm still under my goal according to MFP, so I'm not considering it a total loss. I should have used a smaller bowl, but didn't. Oh, well... there's going to be tomorrow.

May 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Today's workout was a 30 minute tempo run. I did core work and upper body weights in the a.m. and did my run after lunch time. It was hard today, really hard. Probably partly b/c I didn't sleep well last night, don't know if I'm sick or what, just not feeling that well. I didn't feel bad enough to skip exercising, though, and I did it. I didn't wimp out, except dropping to a walk for about 2 minutes of my run. It was so windy! I made it probably at least 2.5 miles in that 30 minutes, then walked the way back.

Tomorrow is a rest day so I'm just going to do some easy yoga in the morning, or maybe just stretch if I'm feeling rough. I have my longest run yet- 5 miles- on Thursday. I'm nervous!

May 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
five mile run today! I used the treadmill set for 2% incline for all but the last half mile. I was getting pretty tired by the end, but not feeling totally beat up. My time was 1:03 so my pace was 12.6

Now tomorrow I'll do my 30 EZ minutes and some core work. I also weigh in tomorrow- hope that goes well!

May 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM
It's been a while. This has been a busy week, but I've kept on track for exercising.

May 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I was having a rough time all last week, the stress was getting to me and it was foolish to continue an intense (for me) training schedule when there was so much else going on. I had to take four days completely off (did do about 15 minutes yoga one day). I was so tired/sore/sick that I even took a pregnancy test- negative, thank goodness!

I was up early and got an easy walk/run in today. My "slow" pace is now about 14:45; not too long ago my slow pace was more like 18:00 so that's improving. I'm trying to decide whether or not to enter the five-mile race in Houghton. I think I could do five miles, but not sure if I'm confident enough for that to by my first race. But if I don't do that, I won't have my first race until almost the end of June, or (if that one doesn't work out) the end of July! I'm anxious to get something on my schedule to work for.

I'm back to logging today, too. I was doing really well but just needed to take those few days off. Done well so far today, haven't had dinner yet and have 400 to 900 calories left, depending on whether I decide to eat my exercise calories.

That's all for now.

May 23rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Chuck thinks I should sign up to do that 5-mile race. I still haven't decided. I've been taking it a bit easier since last week. I was too wiped out, needed to tone things down a bit. Yesterday I walked with the boys about halfway down Red Shed Road and back, then did my practice 5K to the end of the road and back in 33:46. Today I did Core Synergistics... it was hard! But fun.

Diet wise it is still the same ol' thing. It's really hard for me to be good at work, even when I bring food from home I end up over my calories b/c I have a candy or whatever. I haven't weighed in since before I had that weird allergic swelling two weeks ago. I'm not going to weigh until Friday, although I might get an unofficial peek in the morning.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow- it's a running day so I might do a long run in the morning right after b'fast.

May 31st, 2011, 07:24 AM
May/June:

weight: 179.2lb
bust: 34" (same)
waist: 32" (up .25)
belly button: 33.25" (up .25)
low ab: 37" (up .75)
hips: 39" (down 1.25)

estimated body fat: 27.5% (down 1.2%)

Didn't do the best this month, yet body fat goes down. ??? I'm totally confused. I think after this race (first race Saturday, YAY!) I'm going to do a citrus detox for a couple of days. I've been BINGING on carbs lately. Don't know if it is related to running or what, but it has really hurt my weight this week while I've been taking extra rest days yet eating all the time. Maybe related to a cycle finally gearing up? I just have no idea.

June 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Race tomorrow! I'm trying not to be too super excited. I'm going to just do X Stretch here in a little while. I work tonight, and hopefully we can do a sauna and get to bed at a decent time. Gotta get up about 6 a.m. to get there on time. Hopefully the family will cooperate with leaving early enough. I'm sure they will- they are all excited for me, too. I love them all so much, it's awesome!

June 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I meant to come back and journal about the race, but didn't. Now it's been a week. Oh, well.

Tonight is Chuck's first night shift, and I work as well. It's going to be strange getting used to this new schedule of his. I'm trying not to be ****** or whine about it. Just go with the flow and try to smile and keep my head above water. That's all I can do!

Today I did Plyo Legs and Killer Abs and about 15 minutes of stretching. Wowza, that plyo kills me. Did a 2-minute wall squat, thought I was gonna give. My knees are creaking like crazy, but I think my legs are getting stronger over all. I'm going to be nice and sore for the weekend.

July 1st, 2011, 05:53 AM
July measurements:

weight: 176.8

neck: 13.25
shoulders: 44
bicep: 11.5
chest: 38
bust: 35
waist: 32
@bellybutton: 34.5
low ab: 38
hips: 40
thigh: 21
calf: 12 and 11.5

estimated body fat: 29%

What the heck... did terrible this month, will do better next!

July 1st, 2011, 06:00 AM
progress made since Lucy was born: 21 pounds lost, 16.25 inches lost, body fat down about 4.9%

Since my first measurements almost three years ago, I've lost 8 inches off my hips/butt and 9 inches off my waist. My jeans have gone from a size 18/20 to a size 10. Overall, I'm doing well. I need to keep focused.

July 14th, 2011, 07:34 PM
been in a funk. will try to get back on track tomorrow.

July 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM
The last few days have been hot, hot, hot! I went around the block last Sunday, Monday I did a 30-min treadmill workout and stretched, Tuesday I took off, and yesterday I jogged to halfway down Red Shed road and back and stretched. We've been doing a lot of juicing this week in preparation for Chuck's fast. I'm weaning off caffeine with him, too. Today I'll have only my morning coffee. The Monster addiction was getting to be a bit much.

My plan today: Breakfast, juice. Lunch, homemade pizza (whole grain crust). Supper, juice and probably yogurt with fruit. For exercise I'm going to do some quick circuits this a.m. and (hopefully) do some yoga this evening. I've lost almost four pounds this week, that's great motivation!

July 27th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I weighed in at 168.8 today, wooo-hooo!!! I just can't believe it. Four years ago when I thought of 170 as my goal weight, I didn't really imagine I would make it. I mean, I knew I would try... but I just didn't have a lot of confidence that I could do it. Then when I stalled out at 175-177 I thought maybe I'd just stay put. But Chuck doing the reboot has really helped me drop some pounds quick. I feel really good, too.

I'm going to need to make new long-term goals. For now I'll just keep MFP set to lose a pound a week and see what happens. I have a race on Saturday and then will start a reboot myself on Sunday. I'm only going to do five days and that's when i'll look again at what I need to do. Come up with a training schedule for the 10K in Sept. I'm excited about that!

Chuck is doing great, too. he's on Day 6 of the reboot and he's lost about 14 pounds. I'm so happy for him!

July 31st, 2011, 06:36 AM
Yesterday I ran the Ontonagon Outback 5K. There was some confusion about the timing, so that's weird. When I first came in she told me my time was 29:03. Then they wrote 29:23 on my slip. Dean J. told me their timing was 30 seconds fast, but somebody else told me their timing was fast by about a minute and a half. So I guess I really have no idea what my time really was, but I'm going with Dean's assessment and calling it 29:53. My new PR.

Now I have to start training for the Ed Hanson run in five weeks. I signed up to do the 10K for that one, which I'm a bit nervous about it. Yesterday went pretty well, but could I have done double the distance? I'm not too confident, but I think with training it will be okay. I also need to go into town and find the route, either walk it or drive it or something to get familiar. I think it will be less hilly than Greenland.

In the meantime I'm going to do a five day reboot, this is Day 1. I took my measurements this morning:

weight 170.2
waist: 31"
hips: 39.5"

estimated body fat= 26.9%

Eliminating caffeine has been hard, but I've been doing it very gradually. When I'm done with this I might have an occasional cup of coffee, but I want to avoid letting it become a daily habit again. Yesterday I had a bad headache and zero concentration. At church I kept missing notes, zoning out. It was pretty bad. Today no headache so far. I had a breakfast juice of lemon, grapefruit, cucumber, romaine, peach, plum, pear, and celery. Pretty yummy!

August 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Sunday was a tough day. I started feeling chills and feverish in the p.m. I went to bed early, didn't even get up to welcome the kids home. Day 2 (yesterday) was better, but I was still really tired and had a bad headache. I did eat a plum yesterday and it gave me hiccups for about two hours, that was weird. I didn't really feel hungry, but boy did I *want* to eat. To stand there in front of a candy display for six hours in that little store surrounded by junk food... it was really hard. But I didn't eat anything other than that plum and I had my juice. When I got home last night I felt wiped out.

Today is Day 3 and I had a slow start. Part of that might be the weather- it is not hot but really humid and everything feels so sticky and gross. I didn't sleep well at all and ended up getting up about 6:30. After my breakfast juice I did get on the treadmill. Jogged a slow two miles, did 2.5 miles total including warm-up and cool-down. I did weigh myself this morning, but I forget what it said. It was 165-point-something, I think. My tummy feels flatter, but that's about the best part of this so far. Day 3 is hump-day, though. I should start feeling pretty fantastic tomorrow. Gosh, I hope so!

August 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
We celebrated Robert's birthday last night. I ate dinner: turkey burger on whole wheat bun with tomato and lots (LOTS) of lettuce; homemade cole slaw (no mayo); steamed mixed veggies; french fries (half serving) with ketchup; small piece hot fudge pudding cake w/ cookies and cream ice cream. I started out dinner feeling like I could eat the whole kitchen, I was that hungry! But, I didn't really go too overboard- most of my dinner was vegetables, and dessert portions were good.

So, today is Day 3 again, and I feel really good. I don't have a headache, my back feels almost normal (tailbone area was hurting last two days) and I feel pretty energetic. I juiced a grapefruit for breakfast, and now am having a veggie juice for lunch. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about work tonight. I'm feeling somewhat better than I felt on Monday, so maybe it will be easier tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search