Jennifer's Weightloss and Fitness Journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Click here for my pics and measurements.

I am now just a little more than six weeks post-partum and at the end of my second week of exercising. I feel like I'm doing okay, but not as good as I could be. It was hard to get exercise in this week, but I still managed three days and logged about 6 miles. I've also been trying to do some strength training in the form of crunches, push-ups, and mini-squats. I would like to do more for my abs and upper body, but doing what I can makes me feel great!

I've really slacked with my diet and have been working on getting back on track. I'm still pretty good about getting mostly whole grains, when I eat grains at all. I need to add back in all the probiotics, lacto-fermented foods, and raw foods I know I should be using. I've also got to get organized again in the kitchen with meal planning and keeping the fridge stocked with veggies ready for snacking. All that fell apart when the baby was born.

My biggest challenge right now is the sciatica. Sometimes it is so painful I can only lay down in a fetal position and even then it doesn't stop hurting but is bearable. For some reason after I exercise the pain all but goes away for a few hours. Weird.

Forgot to add... my heaviest pregnancy weight was 250! The last time I weighed before she was born, I was at 247. All I can say is, thank goodness I'm so tall. So far, I'm down to 217, a loss of 30 pounds. My pre-pregnancy weight of 210 is my first goal. So, 7 more pounds to get there, and then I'll decide what my final weight goal is.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I did the 30-minute WATP DVD today. I feel ridiculous working out in my regular clothes (wearing a skirt today, even!) and feel even sillier when the older children sit and watch. Still, I feel so good after my workouts I don't let myself care! I had a few Windmill cookies today... four to be exact. I'm not feeling guilty about it, though, because that's about half as many as I might usually allow myself! I've gotta stop buying things like that, though. Don't know why I do....

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 6th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm hurting at about a 6 today, but did the workout anyway. Usually working out helps, but not today. I'm going to go lay down in a little while, once the kids are inside. We're getting our first snow of the year... shoveling this winter will be excellent exercise! LOL!

November 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Feeling a bit better today. Did the 30 min walk... it seems to go well if I exercise either before I cook dinner or while food is on the stove. I've been good about eating breakfast and actually woke up hungry today. Eating breakfast makes me feel like I'm eating too much, though. I will start really logging all my food tomorrow.

November 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I assumed I would loose weight easily but came to the conclusion this week that I'm going to have to actually work for it and make some sacrifice. Friday weigh in, and I'm down a pound and a half to 215.5! It is good to see some progress. AND I've done the 30-minute walk video every day this week!

I've been meaning to start a food log and just have been putting it off. It just seems like it will be a pain to figure out amounts. I know my diet is pretty good overall, just I need to learn better portions.

November 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I'm still putting off starting that food log. Today is my birthday, so calories don't count anyway, right? I'm doing so well with working out, I think, but it is silly that I sabatoge my own efforts by eating too much. Still trying to work on that! I set some good goals for this week, so we'll see. I'm hoping I'll be under 215 by Friday.

November 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
DH will be home tomorrow through Thanksgiving. It will be interesting to see what happens to my eating habits and exercise routine while he's here. We tend to be a bad influence on each other. I have to be strong for both of us!

November 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Only 3.5 pounds to go! I'm so pleased to see those numbers go down and my ticker inch closer and closer to my first goal. This is the first time I've ever really committed to improving my diet and losing weight. Oh, sure I've wanted and even "tried" to loose weight before, but never made the committment. Probably because I assumed I'd fail anyway. But I'm doing it this time!

November 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Mary is two months old today, so I took my measurements. In less than a month I've lost an inch and a half off my waist, 7 1/2 pounds, and 2% body fat. I'm so psyched! It hasn't even been that difficult!

November 20th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I got my new WATP videos yesterday... my birthday present to myself. Yesterday was very busy with running errands, so I did the 1-mile walk in the evening. It was so easy, even using the 2-lb weighs through the whole thing! Today I tried the 2-mile walk. It was a bit different than the DVD I'd been using from Netflix. Adding the weights really feels good. It's encouraging that the 2-mile walk is so much easier now than it was when I started a month ago. I think I'll try the 3-mile walk tomorrow, just to see if I can get through it.

November 27th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The last few days have been awful. I've been eating all wrong. Why are good habits so hard to form, but bad habits so easy??? Exercising is much easier than dieting for me. I really have enjoyed the exercise, and it isn't much effort to keep it up.

December 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, this weekend the exercise was effort! Chuck is trying to talk me into seeing a doc for my back pain, but I'm reluctant. I just don't trust them and don't fancy exposing myself to potentially dangerous tests and drugs. But it was bad this weekend and I might end up giving in.

Good news... I was 210 on Saturday and weighed 208 this morning! My first goal has been reached, and I am so thrilled. I am realizing that I may have a mental block to getting below 200... deep down I don't think I can do it. But I have to change that mode of thinking and tell myself that yes I can! I CAN get down to a healthy weight and stay there, and feel good doing it. I enjoy the walks (most of the time) and there are so many benefits to forming better eating habits that it would be ridiculous not to try. This winter weather is a blessing because I've been unable to get to the grocery store for a week now... no junk food and extra activity behind the snow shovel!

December 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I haven't updated in a while, but I've been doing really good with the exercise. My diet still has room for improvement, but I'm not getting too many calories (most days at least) so I guess it isn't as bad as it could be. Still, I have to figure out a way to get more fruits and veggies in. Especially now that everything is out of season that has been really hard.

Chuck told me yesterday that he's "thinking" about starting to work out after the first of the year. I hope he does! One of my motivators is the thought that maybe I could positively influence him to want to improve his health too. Looks like that might be happening!

December 27th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Everything has gone pretty well through the holidays. I can't believe we're at the end of the year! This has been such a good year for me, and I'm excited about what I hope to accomplish in the new year.

December 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Chuck has worked out with me two days in a row now, and I am so happy about that. I hope he will continue because he needs the exercise maybe even worse than I do. My updated pics were such a motivation to me. I knew I was doing well, but to see it with my own eyes is so rewarding. Here'e to better health and more strength in the coming year!

January 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I leave for Alabama tomorrow and I am nervous as heck. I know I will manage my diet okay (as best as possible while out of town and at the mercy of friends and restaurants) but I'm concerned about getting my daily workout in. Chuck says there is a workout room at the hotel I'll stay at, so that should be fun if I am able to go there.

January 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
The trip was great, and now it's been hard getting back to my routine. It doesn't help that Chuck is still off work. It's awesome having him home, but it makes me feel like we're all on vacation. I did an extra long workout today, and I found some workouts that I can watch instantly on Netflix. That should shake things up and get me loosing again.

January 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I blew it this week diet-wise. I gained a pound. I work out so hard but then sabatoge my own efforts with junk food. Oh, well... that should just motivate me to do even better!

February 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM
For the first time I weighed in below 200 pounds today!

Here are results from January:
Quote:
Total workout minutes: 1058 minutes (17.6 hours!)
Month end weight/percentage lost (if applicable): end weight 199.5, total lost 4 pounds or almost 2%
Goal Outcomes: didn't keep track well enough; will do measurements asap[/b]
I'm really pleased with all the exercise; that works out to about 30 minutes for every day of the month. I haven't yet devised a good weekly routine. I'll be glad when we can get our bike fixed; the replacement part should be in any day now. I'm definitely going to stick with the WATP videos... they are simple but effective enough so far at least. Maybe when I am lighter and stronger I can do more intense aerobics. In the meantime I just need to keep it up!

I really hope I've kissed the 200's good-bye forever!

February 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Goals for February:

Quote:
Starting weight: 199.5

Weight/Measurement goal(s): I'd like to loose at least five pounds this month.
Dietary goal(s): Limit junk food to 1 serving/day or less (Lent will help with this).
Exercise goal(s): At least 20 min. each day except Sunday.
Other goal(s): Keep a food log.[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search