Marie's wt loss journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
95.0 kg this am--I've decided I can WI daily and live with a decrease, if it starts derailing me, then no more weighing.
I feel really lean today, haven't done measurements, but my abdomen is so much leaner, are are my thighs and arms.

I did 1.25 miles this am!!
September 8th, 2010, 09:38 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
Enough already. I can't stay motivated and I need to find out why.

Also, I am tired of eating low or not fat, low or no carb, low or no sugar. I'm at cooking class this week and I'm eating real foods made with butter and cream, lots of proteins and vegs, and I'm not at all hungry to snacky in the evening. I feel satisfied. I am tired of starving myself and seeing no results. I am tired of always feeling hungry and grabbing the bag of chips in the evening.
Real foods, real spices, real fat. Low everything has gotten me nowhere in the past 13 years, just heavier and heavier.

I know where you are with this. I have been there myself! It was awful. Always counting each thing, hoping it would help and it never did! That pesky thyroid. I hate it.

What thyroid meds do you take? I am going to be asking for either T3 supplementation with Cytomel, or see if I can get somethign like Amour. I think I need the T3. There are a few recent studies that show this is a good thing, and one showed it helped with weight loss. I figure it can't hurt to try.

Switching to a way of life that allows me to eat fats and proteins and have a real amount of food really helped too. No, I can't eat grains or beans and I won't eat a lot of processed foods, but I feel so good and I am rarely hungry. The only times I am hungry is when I am not able to eat at work or something. Did you know that many people with thyroid issues have problems with eating diets that are higher in carbs, specifically with carbs coming from grain? I belong to a thyroid weightloss group and most of the people that are able to lose weight and keep it off are 1) gluten free and 2) maintain their carbs around 150 or so. I sure didn't but when I switched my diet they came out of the woodwork and shared their experiences- what an eye-opener. I wish docs would tell us this stuff. I never knew that insulin resistance would/could lead to a T4 to T3 conversion issue. That one I learned here: The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you’ll understand it) | Mark's Daily Apple

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 8th, 2010, 10:03 PM
thank you so much, Meghan. Two years ago I lost 20lbs fairly quick after reading a book on PCOS dieting-essentially as above, few high carb foods and more protein and lower gi fruits and vegs. I was doing the WW Core program using lower GI foods, and it really was working. This time, I'm working really hard at getting into a daily exercise regime, and now I'm slowly working on cutting out the high carb carbs again. My synthroid hasn't needed adjusting since I was pg with DS1, my levels are good and I feel good, as long as I'm exercising and eating lower carb-so those are my goals again. I bookmarked that site, very informative-thanks!
September 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
As soon as I aw you mention your thyroid, I figured you would 'get it'. For me my TSH numbers are always good, but I still have symptoms, so I think I need more.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 9th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I did not w/o last night, but I did my 1.25 this morning.
Today I am trying to be much more aware of how many carb grams I'm eating, and working on less than 200g.
September 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I haven't been w/o the past five days, af showed, then I got a cold-but tonight I realized that tomorrow is the 15th and I'm jumping up to 1.5miles twice a day, so tonight I need to get on that treadmill.
September 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I didn't w/o last night

But I did 1.5miles in 27:38 this morning!!!!
September 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I didn't get on last night, but I did 1.5miles in 26:39 this morning!!
September 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I did 1.5miles in 25:58 after supper!!! I am so proud of myself
September 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I woke up late and was short on time, but I did 1 mile this morning!
September 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
no w/o last night

But I did 1.5miles this morning!!
September 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I did 1.5 miles last night

I did 2 miles this morning!! I WI 94.7kg this am

I am already seeing changes in my body, though the scale isn't quite sure what its doing. Oh well, my goal is a jean size, not a weight-I just want to weigh to see how things are going. I notice I retain lots of wt just by eating sodium in the evenings, sometimes nearly 2kg from morning to morning, how good is that on my heart? The fat hump on my back is gone, my pcos IR hump. My pannus is so much smaller! My arms look leaner. With these new shoes, I have not had one shin splint at all, sometimes my ankles are sore when I wake, but it goes away when I get on the treadmill.
Since its sometimes hard to get motivated for an evening walk, I am now going to try to do 2 miles in the morning and 1 mile really fast in the evening. My goal would be to do 3.1miles in one sitting, so I think that might be the way to get there.
September 20th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I did 1 mile last night, and 1.5miles this am
September 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
I didn't work out again last night, just too tired-I've been so tired the past four days. Not hungry, I'm drinking at least 45 ounces of water, maybe that's it? Very tired and really cold all the time. So I had a rest and went to bed early after a hot bath. I woke up feeling a bit sluggish this morning.

I did 1.5miles this am with the four kids playing in the basement around me-first time for the twins in the unfinished basement. It went not too bad, but I couldn't stay on for the two miles like I planned. I'm not having any pain, just bored and anxious to get off. I know if I ran I'd get more done quicker, but I'm just not mentally or physically ready to make that jump yet.
My goal tonight is to get my 1.5 miles in after 6pm when the kids are in bed, and to maybe take my bp meds earlier, maybe that's why I've been feeling so groggy in the mornings, most nights I don't get them in until just before midnight.
Onto a new day!
September 21st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Time to have yout thyroid tested maybe? Sounds pretty hypo to me.

Sail Back to Me
September 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM
already? But I haven't lost any wt yet, really. I just had my levels done in June and nothing's changed since then. I see my dr this week, maybe check them again?

I did try on my size 14's this am, and wore them comfortably all day!!!! Bye bye size 16 jeans!!!
My wt this am before shower was 93.4kg!!!!
September 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Well, hypo would not have to do with you losing weight, needing to reduce your meds might be, but your symptoms are pointing to you being under medicated. I had my levels checked in June and my TSH was .11, I had it checked in Sept and it went up to 2.2. I was having hypo symptoms at both times. I *shouldn't have had symptoms in June, but it turns out I don't convert T4 to T3 well. So even though I have the right amount of TSH, my body still thinks I am hypo.

This is actually very common for folks that have been hypo for a while.

Sail Back to Me
September 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
so do I just get levels and see about upping the dose? I felt cold and tired all the time when I was pg 4 years ago, my dose went down from 125 to 100mcg. The fatigue and coldness only came back about ten days ago. I've been working out for almost four weeks now. I really do appreciate any thyroid suggestions you have as I am not at all knowledgeable in that area.

I did 1.6miles this morning! No workout last night, so I thought I'd try a bit harder this am in case I get busy. We have RCIA tonight, so I might do my 1.4miles at ten pm.
September 22nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
You should come and check out the Thyroid board

Sail Back to Me
September 22nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
I've been there, but since my numbers are always "fine", I don't really fit in, kwim?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search