Jill's weightloss journey

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill

I might as well follow the trend, LOL.

This is going great for me so far. I'm so determined to make it to my goal and stay there! I started out at 180, and when I joined the ladies here in mommy weightloss I was down to 177. As of yesterday I was 169. My first goal is to be at 155 by my wedding in June.. and then the big goal is to be at 145! I'm really hoping to be able to pull off a bikini for my honeymoon, so we'll see how that goes. In my progress pictures, I can tell a small difference. I noticed that I truley have lost weight though, when I went to try on a pair of my size 12 jeans. I tried them on the day I started my healthy eating and exercise, they wouldn't even button.. Today I can button AND zip them! I still have about 5 lbs or so before they'll look good on me, but boy did that make me feel good!!
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm finally participated in our Monthly challenges! I'm excited, lol.. Hopefully I'll be able to make my goal of 164. Today is going great so far. I woke up around 9 AM ate breakfast and headed to the gym before any of the kids even woke up . I LOVE going to the gym, I always feel sooo great afterwards, and honestly, the women there with killer bodies keep me motivated. I think to myself.. "This time next year, that'll be me!" haha.
December 6th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UGH!

These last couple days have been SO annoying. I'm back into the habbit of weighing everyday (I can't help it). The scale keeps going up, and then back down.. It's fine because I'm back to 169 where I started, but still. It's kind of discouraging that I haven't lost anything. I admit I did eat chocolate twice during the week, but it still only took my over my points on one of those days and it was only by a point. I've been working out and drinking water so WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!? I sure hope I'm not at a plateu already! Seriously this almost makes me want to cry. I feel like my goal of 145 is so far away, and if the scale dosn't start moving down, it dosn't look like I'll make it any time soon.
December 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been slacking as far as keeping up with logging my food, but I haven't been eating anything that I shouldn't be. I'm also still sticking to my workouts.. That's the easiest part for me, I actually enjoy going to the gym. My weight is starting to aggrevate me though.. I see everyone else continually losing weight, and here I am stuck.. with 24 freaking pounds left to go. *sigh* I just have to remember it's not how long it takes me, but the fact that I actually accomplish my goal. I'm really debating throwing my scale out.. and not buying another one until January! I've had my scale for around 3 yrs now, so I've deff gotten my money out of it, and I've been wanting to buy another scale, so I really think I might. I'm tired of stepping on the scale and being disappointed.. I know that if I continue eating the way I am, and working out, I'm bound to see a loss.. right? Blah, IDK..
December 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I suck at keeping up with this!!

Everything is going fine. I'm doing well I think, the pounds are just not comming off as fast as I'd like. I keep on trucking along though. I just got in from the park.. The first time I went to try to jog, I couldn't even reach the half mile mark.. today I ran the entire trail (1.1 mile) and some.. and then I walked around one time as well.. In all it was probably about 2.5 miles. I'm sooo proud of myself, it feels great to finally be getting in shape. I'm really looking forward to this summer!
December 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
It's wonderful that you are building endurance at the trail!! Keep it up, hon, and this summer will be awesome!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 4th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today I just feel like crap. I screwed up major a couple days. I was down to 167 for like a day and then right back up to 168. I know I can do this.. I think I'm just being impatient =(

I'm hoping to see atleast a 2 lb loss by next friday.. and I WILL NOT weigh myself until friday. I had Matt put the scale away.. I'm done stepping on the scale a million times a day and letting myself get depressed.

I know EXACTLY what my problems are

1. I'm not drinking nearly enough water
2. I've had fast food 4 days in a row on lunch at work..

I'm over my little splurge now, and I'm adding on about 10 minutes to my daily workouts so things should get better from here.
January 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to the park today and jogged 1.5 miles.. I'm proud of myself because I go backwards which is alot of uphill, where as the other way is mostly down hill. It's getting easier and easier each time.. I know I'll be up to 2 miles by February. I just don't understand why in the world I haven't lost that much weight. The only thing I can come up with is I'm gaining muscle, but I really don't do much of anything that involves weights. I have no clue. I'll get there.. may be a loooong journey but I WILL NOT GIVE UP.
January 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOOHOO!!

I feel SO great. I don't even care what the flippin scale says anymore. I tossed that baby OUT!! I went to the gym today and did 72 minutes of cardio. Jogging 1.5 miles is getting easy for me now so I'm kicking it up a notch starting Monday! I do want to start working on a couple things..

1. I need to start doing ab workouts 4x a week.
2. I need to start using weights 3-4x a week.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a pair of size 8 jeans! This is my goal size, thanks Theresa for the idea! lol
January 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay... Tomorrow is the start of my ab workouts and weight training! I'm excited.. I really want to be bikini material for our honey moon in July! I'm going to have to make myself REALLY stick to the weights.. It's something I get bored with easily.. Anyway, I feel greatttt =D

I also managed to finally get in 6 bottles of water.. hopefully I can keep it up.
January 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far so good today.. I got in a good workout.. The only thing I didn't do is weights. I just HATE them.. I did do pushups and dips, so that counts for something! I did my ab workout, though. I don't go to the gym on Tuesday's so maybe I'll get around to the weights on Wednesday. It's not that I'm afraid of them or anything, it's just sooo boring to me. I also didn't end up buying the pair of size 8 jeans this weekend. I'm kinda scared, lol. I feel like I'll be setting myself up or something, I doubt it they'd even come up past my knees! Maybe this weekend, we shall see...
January 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday went well.. Managed to get in 6 bottles of water again, and my abs are feelin those crunches!

Today is a totally different story I screwed up, but hey.. It's okay tomorrow is a new day. I woke up with a terrible head ache and a sore throat so Matt took over the kids. I slept until noon and once I woke up I ate baked chicken, peas, and mac n cheese.. I ended up having a burger and fries from mcdonalds around 4:30, but I had baked chicken and carrots for dinner so I'm really not worried about it. I bought a dvd today and I tried it tonight.. I didn't get to finish the whole video because the kiddos were goin nuts (the reason I prefer the gym) but I did break a sweat.. I also did 80 crunches, 20 lunges, 20 squats, and leg lifts for EOTD.. I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow and being strict on what I eat so it should even things out. I only got in 3 bottles of water, but it's better than none.. I WILL have 6 tomorrow.
January 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
01/16/08
Was a good day.. I got in a good workout, ate well, and got in 6 bottles of water.

01/17/08
Today has been good. I didn't get to the gym, but I did the express workout on my new dvd and a couple other things. I'm really hoping all of my hard work is going to get me ready for a bikini this summer. I honestly think I might have a small break down if I can't pull one off. I see so many stories of how people totally transformed in 12 weeks and here I am struggling even though I'm working my butt off.. blah.
January 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
01/18/08

Today was an okay day. I was pushed for time so I only had a short workout at the gym.. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill. I'm up to jogging 1.63 miles now.. I'll be trying for 1.7 miles on Monday. My goal is to be able to do 2 miles by January 31st. I know I can do this. I was supposed to take progress pictures the 1st of this month and forgot all about it, so I'll be doing those for the 1st of February for sure.
January 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
01/24/08

Things are going great! I've been working out and I'm finally getting weight training and ab work in thanks to my dvd that I bought. This saturday I'm going to go out and try to by another dvd so I can switch it up a bit. I'm still going to the gym and working hard there. I'm almost at that 2 mile mark.. I'm so excited. Once I get there I think I'll continue to jog the 2 miles until it's "easy" and then I'll start working on 3.. I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning. I was wearing panties and bra and I do see a change. I'm so proud of myself.. I feel like I can do anything at this point. I don't know how the bikini plan is going to work out.. I'm wondering if my twin pregnancy stretched my tummy out too much for it to be fixed with exercise. Either way, I'll look killer in clothes! =)
January 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
01/27/08

Good day.. I got in a good pretty good workout. I made it to 1.91 miles today with the jogging, I'm going to do 2 miles (or better) on wednesday, I figure I'll match the 1.91 tomorrow, and I don't go to the gym on Tuesdays. I can't believe I only have 19 more lbs to go until I'm at my goal. I can't wait to see how I'll look.. I'm hoping I'll be there by my birthday (July).
January 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1/28/08

Great day as far as exercise, awful day for food. It started off great, then on my lunch break I had McDonald's 5 piece chicken selects w/ fries, and also a 3 Musketeers bar on my break.

1/29/08

Good day for food and exercise.. I tried the Ultimate Tae Bo dvd and loved it. I got to do about 10 minutes of The Firm- Burn & Shape.. it was okay, once I get all of the cardio moves down it'll be better. Tomorrow morning I'll be headed to the gym to make that 2 mile goal! I know I can do this.. I WILL make 2 miles or better.
February 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1/30/08

I made it! I did 2.03 miles.. I hit 2.0 in 21:50.

2/02/08

So far so good.. I don't go to the gym on Saturday so I'm going to do Billy Blank's Ultimate Tae Bo dvd (the first 60 minutes).. I plan to do that in the next few minutes, and later on in the evening I will do an ab workout and possibly 10 minutes of stair climbing with 3 lb dumbells. I am so proud of myself and what I have accomplished. I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with my body.. I know I still have some work to do, but it's nice to have a little bit of confidence!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search