Dina's weightloss blog

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today was a great day. Though I had pizza today for lunch, I did burn most of those calories off during my 30 minutes on the eliptical machine. I wish time would go by a bit quicker though. I really want to get into my other jeans. I only have 1 pair right now that fit me, so it would be nice to be able to wear the other ones.
I had gained last weekend, and I know I've lost that gain already, but I know stepping on the scale tomorrow isnt going to be nice. I think I might wait & weigh in on Sat. instead. That will give me one more day of excercise. I would like to see the scale drop.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
This weekend was good. I wanted to get in more excercise than I did on Sat. but I did a little movement on Sunday. Though Sunday's eating wasnt so hot, I had McD's for dinner
I'm still looking forward to a 3lb loss this week, I know I can do it!

March 4th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I had a very good day yesterday. I ate well, got in 30 minutes of cardio. But I did blow it a bit, I had a huge piece of cheesecake, well Hannah & Caitlyn shared it w/me. But oh well. I did well throughout the day, up until the cheesecake I had about 200 cals to spare, & I drank 120oz of water yesterday. Good day.

Looking forward to today

March 5th, 2008, 11:36 AM
just over 3 weeks now, I had really hoped I would've lost more weight in 3 weeks than 3lbs. I got on the scale this morning & I was disapointed, but hopefully on Friday (the day it really counts) I wont be disapointed. I'm going to work really hard the next 2 days. I'm planning 30 minutes of cardio here at work & then tonight I teach K-1st grade at church & those kids give me a run for my money, so that is great excercise too.

After adding up everything I have eaten & plan to eat I havent reached my calorie goal. I'm short & I need to eat more, that sounds so funny to me.

I gues I'll go find something else to munch on...lol

March 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Another day down. I stepped on the scale again, and another disapointment. I know what it is. I had cake for 5 days straight. I didnt even realize it. I just kept thinking oh, I'm working out It wont stick to me. Well I really think it has, becasue I've eaten well other wise & I've excercised my rearend off for the past 3 days straight, I've drank well over 96oz of water everyday. So thats when I figured out it had to be the cake. NO MORE CAKE FOR ME! Not for a LOOONG time. And from now on I'm going to plan my treats, and only allow them 1x a week.

I tried on my favorite size 14 jeans, they are soo snug. I'm hoping 2 weeks I'll be in them comfortably. I'm really going to kick it into high gear today. Working out on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes, 100 crunches & some strenght training, maybe even a WATP video tonight after everyone's gone to bed. My meal is totaly planned out, and i"m not going to change it or cheat.

I switched from reg. diet pepsi to diet rite 1x a day. Whew, lets see how far I go......................

March 7th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yesterday was an awesome day, and it showed when I got on the scale this morning. I lost 1lb in spite of all the cake I ate this past week.
I drank, ate & excercised as I had planned. I kept my food intake under 1500 cals which was AWESOME!! Put my 14 jeans on this morning & they are still snug, so 1-2 more weeks & I should be in them. Then its on to a new size 12 goal. Looking forward to that!!

March 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
YAY!! 1 month back at working out & eating right. Todays weight was 194.5 which I'm thrilled with. I so cant wait to see 179.5 that will be my first 20lbs & I'm looking forward to that, but baby steps, lets get to 189.5 first, that will get me out of the 190's and that will be awesome too! I'm still pretty pumped and motivated on weightloss. I wish I had not gotten sick though, I feel so weak & tired, I havent gotten to work out in 3 days. Tomorrow def. will be a good 30 minute w/out on the eliptical machine, got those calories burnt off.

March 20th, 2008, 10:12 AM
194 lbs 3/20/08

Well its been awhile since I've logged. I have been doing good. I've been really trying to stick w/my diet & excercise. It sucked getting sick, that really put out of wack. As of this morning I've lost a total of 5lbs in a month & 1 week, and I'm kind of bummbed about that, it seems like I should've lost more than that. I really want to get to 175 by summer & 145 by Christmas, and this slow weightloss is killing me.... I've got to kick it into high gear, but I dont know what to do. I only have so much time to work out. I started putting in a 15 minute power walk into my daily routine, I just need to do something else too. I dont know what to do?
Once I figure that out, I think the weight will start dropping off.

Ok enough today...

March 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Monday 3/24

Had a bad weekend I feel so stupid, I know I'm trying to lose weight, why would I go out & eat so crazy??? I had a great week too, I feel bad that I let the weekend ruin my week for me.

Today IS a new day, and I'm back on track. I've got to find some way to stick to my plan on the weekends, the weekends are what ruins me. GRRR

March 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Well today was a fabulous day. I'm very proud of myself for eating right, excercising & not getting on the scale. I've decided to reward myself w/some pretty big rewards for every mini goal I reach.
I started on Feb. 11th weighing 199.5lbs
189.5lbs - pedicure
179.5lbs - massage
169.5lbs - getting my hair highlighted

The goals will continue as I get smaller.

March 26th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Had a health screening done today at work. Not too happy to hear my cholesterol is a bit high. I've been working out & eating much better the last 6 weeks, so hopefully it will go down. My biggest fear is having to take medication. I HATE taking medicine. I already have to take something for the ANA so I dont want to add to that, if I dont have to.
I am thinking about trying Alli. I have heard such great things about it, and I recieved a gift card today from Target, so I thought what perfect timing. I just dont know of anyone personally that has used it so I'm not sure about the well know side affects. Hmm, I'll have to pray about it and really think about it.

Today is off to a great start, looking forward to my workout this afternoon. I havent lost any weight since last week, I was hoping for 2lbs this week, though the week isnt over so there is still a good chance of a 2lb loss. We'll see.

March 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Ok so today I'm planning to do the exact same thing as I did yesterday. I want to get in 75+ minutes of excercise & stay calorie range. Which I'm finding it hard to do, I'm not going over, but I'm having a hard time getting up to 1260 or above, and my carb intake has been low, so I need to incorporate more bread & fruit in my diet & I've decided to add a glass of milk daily. That will help w/the carb intake along w/the dairy servings & the calcium.

Looking forward to wearing shorts this summer!!

April 1st, 2008, 09:34 AM
Another good day. I ate well, and excercised yesterday. I drank lots of water, I feel good. I started a 2 week detoc program last night. Lots of pills to take, but hopefully I will feel better, thats the main reason for doing it. Lots of fiber & a laxative.
I bought a pair of size 12 jean shorts last night at Wal Mart, I tried them on, and I could actually get them buttoned. Of course they were way too tight, but I was stoked because, when I tried them on I thought no way will they fit me now, but I wanted to see how many inches I would need to lose before they would fit. And wow, I could actually get them buttoned. I'll be wearing them in no time.
Oh how the weekends seem to be my downfall, I dont understand why I cant have the same willpower on the weekends as I do on the weekdays. WHY oh WHY cant I just be good on the weekends? I'll keep playing a yo-yo game w/my weight if I dont buck up and do good on the weekends. So my first challenge this weekend is to plan out my entire menu for Saturday & Sunday. And if I get the urge to eat something bad, I'm going to go for a quick walk to get my mind off of that item I shouldnt eat. No watching movies this weekend, thats when I tend to sit & snack more. I'm just going to keep myself VERY busy this weekend. There's lots of housework & things to be done outside as well. Maybe I'll take the kids to the park on Sat.

April 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Feeling good today. Lost all the weight gained over the weekend & this morning I was at 193.
The Detox thing I'm doing is starting to take affect. I have had to use the bathroom 3x since I woke up this morning, and my tummy has been rumbly. I'm excited to see the end result. Only 11 more days to go. Taking 8 pills at night is kind of tiring.
I tried on those size 12 shorts again this morning, I can button & zip them but they are soo tight, I sported a nice big muffin top.. hee hee.
But I'm excited & totally motivated. My mom & a couple of my coworkers have noticed a change in my waiste so that def. means I've lost inches. Unfortunately I didnt start keeping my measurements til last week, and I'm only going to keep track of those on a monthly basis rather than weekly like w/my weight.

I had a great night, I was really worried about night time snacking last night because I ate an early dinner, but I did good. I had a salad about 8:00, and then did some upper body strength training along w/100 crunches, that really helped keep my mind off of snacking.

April 3rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Another great day yesterday. Ate good, drank a lot of water and got 55 minutes of excercise in. I feel good, I cheated and measured my waiste this morning and sure enough I've lost 1/2 an inch since last week.

I'm really motivated and so excited. I am hoping for a 2lb loss this week, fingers crossed.

April 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Ok so this morning I stepped on the scale and lo & behold I stayed the same as last week! I'm so bummed. Why did I over to it on Sunday?!?!?! Had I stuck to my diet a lot closer I would've lost at least 1lb this week. I'm pretty bummed. But I'm not giving up. I'm taking a cardio break today, but I am planning to get in a 15 minute walk and some upper body strength training today.

I hate the feeling of defeat, like I defeated myself, had I done t his or that diff. I may have lost weight this week. I hate that when I lost weight 2 years ago, I was losing 2+ lbs a week, I lost 20 lbs in 2 months. How come I can't do that this time around? What am I doing diff. that is causing such a slow weightloss?

Anyways, Like I said. I'm not losing my motivation its still there, I'm frustrated but not quitting! I still want to reach my goal weigth of 145 by Christmas time and I know I can do it.

April 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're doing a great job keeping track of everything. I bet that helps keep yourself accountable!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

April 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Quote:
You're doing a great job keeping track of everything. I bet that helps keep yourself accountable![/b]
Thanks Amy!

4/9/08 193.5lbs

Still the scale has yet to move. I'm still working out, still walking a few times per day. Still trying to eat better. I am going to the store tomorrow night. I'm going to buy TONS of fruits & veggies and nuts to keep at work during the week, and I'm going to eat a healthy meal or snack every 2-3 hours during the day. I am not going to up my workouts, but I'm going to rotate between the eliptical, stairclimber, recumbant bike and work in a jjog/walk on the treadmill, through the work week, then on Saturdays I'm going to just do a lot of walking. Hannah loves to go for walks so pushing her in the stroller around the block 4x (partly through gravel) will make a great workout.

todays food & drinks:
mini bagel
apples/cinnamon oatmeal
6 inch turkey breast sub w/everything
baked lays (3/4 of bag)
2.4oz of apple slices
1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers w/out the peel
1/2 cup of peach chunks
4oz of pork loin (roasted)
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 cup of chopped steamed broccoli (fresh)
8oz of 2% milk

2 diet cokes
80.9oz of water

April 11th, 2008, 10:40 AM
4/11 exactly 2 months since I started my new way of life, I've only lost 6.5lbs. A loss is a loss and I should be happy, but I really thought I would've lost more. I can tell a diff. in the way my clothes fit, I'm wearing a pair of pants I would nevr have been able to wear 2.5 years ago weighing 193lbs. So I know my workouts are doing something to my body. I'm just so tired of being in the 190's. I mixed up my food intake this past week, so I'm going to continue doing that and hopefully the scale will move next week. I'm shooting for 3lbs next week, even though my track record has been .5-1 lbs losses, I'm still shooting for a 3lb loss next week. It WILL happen.

April 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM
The weekend was not so good. I didnt eat much and what I did eat I guess wasnt so good. I tried to eat healthy, and I didnt have much water either, maybe 2 bottles on saturday and 1 on sunday not good. Should've drank a lot more water on Sat. because I ate salty sunflower seeds.
I managed NOT to weigh myself this morning. I moved the scale into the kitchen where it is not as easily accessible. I only weigh myself naked, and I cant walk into the kitchen naked w/my son around, so that helps.
I hope I keep my fat butt off of it til friday.
Feeling tired, I havent been sleeping very well lately. I need some good pain meds for my fybro. Sleep is essential for weightloss as well, so we need to nip the sleepless nights in the but!
I tried to do a jog/walk today but shin splints started up again even though I stretched first. So I was only able to jog for about 4 minuts all together. Better than nothing at all, and I"m just going to keep trying, I'm going to try again on Wed & Friday. We'll see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search