My Cranberry seed :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Cranberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for updating Nika! <3

What a champion! I woke up at 6am with a contraction and thought "ew, I'm still cramping from the sweep?" I went back to sleep and got another at 6:30am, and groaned. DH woke up and said "oh, why'd you get that sweep, you're in pain!" and I sat and and *sploosh*

I went to the washroom and it was liquidy and pink! I called my sister. Contractions were 20m apart, so I called my midwife to tell her about the waters at 7am. She took forever to page back and then I remembered I had a doula, hah! I called her and she came right over.

Then the midwife paged back, took my info and said "well, call me when more happens! 5 minutes apart!"

15 minutes later they were 3 minutes apart. I opened the sliding patio door and knelt on the ground with my head out the door and felt the cold air. It was amazing. The contractions were so sudden and intense that I nearly cried, so I focused on telling myself not to cry, because I knew that was the first step of losing control to the pain. I stared at a leaf on my patio with a small brown spot on it and focused hard through each contraction. When I got a break I had the breath to ask DH to call the midwife and tell her.

The midwife said she'd be there in 45m to an hour.

I felt unsafe without her there, but I kept focusing. By 8:30 I was grunting and involuntarily pushing bursts of liquid, and I realized I was still wearing pants. I didn't care. I needed the cold air on my face. My doula didn't like that I kept pushing, and because I was not wanting instruction and not wanting to be touched or spoken to, she very quickly just told me I *had* to switch positions (the midwife was still half an hour away). She told me to go to the toilet to pee. I sat on the toilet, which got my pants down!

I sat there with my eyes closed rolling my head back and forth and wincing through it (not much sound or grunting or anything!)

The midwife came and saw the show on my legs and pants, and asked me to move to my bedroom to deliver. I said I didn't want to move. She asked me to get on the floor. I didn't want to. She said "Trina, I know you don't want to be spoken to, but you cannot have her on the toilet. Get on all fours on the floor here and then you will be done."

So I did, and they put pads down and she told me now was the time to do whatever my body wanted me to do. Push if it wants to push. I pushed, and it burned! I heard the midwife instructing DH and saying things like "do you see that, when she pushes? That is the head." - and it was so motivating. The next contraction I didn't stop after a few seconds, regardless of the burning. I just let it take over. I heard the midwife saying the head was nearly out and I thought "oh, I can't wait for another contraction with half a head out of me!" and PUUUUUUUUUSHED. I heard the midwife say to DH "quick, come on, it's your turn" and I was in a daze.

The head came out next contraction, and then she asked me to breathe through the next one and not push; to give her time to turn. SOMEHOW I did as I was told. Then she told me to breathe deeper and slower. SOMEHOW I complied, and then there was an involuntary urge to push, and I just got the rest of her right out. Blake caught her and handed her to me under my belly (I was still on all 4's) and I picked her up, sat up, let them change the pads, and laid on the bathroom floor (with blankets and pillows) and just stared at my little beauty! She cried for a few seconds and then we just stared at each other for 10 minutes. I got the Oxy shot, and the placenta came right away. The midwife said she was attached to it? Or something? She said it was called a lotus birth? I wasn't paying attention.

She cried a bit after 15 minutes, and it ocurred to me that she might like to try to nurse. She latched and sucked immediately. She nursed for 20 minutes and then I wanted to shower (conveniently I didn't have to go far). Midwife did her newborn exam while I did that. 6lbs13oz, 21" 13cm head.

Perfect. I laid in bed, latched her to the other boob, and sent Blake out to get me some Chinese food. Mina and I fell asleep in my bed while he was out.

My delivery station! Haha!

Mina Michelle <3
December 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
january.mommycarter's Avatar Veteran
what a great story!!!! thanks for sharing
December 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story! Congratulations!

December 26th, 2010, 07:43 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
So wonderful! You should share your story on the homebirth group. I will be having my 2nd homebirth any day now, your story has me very excited. Thanks for sharing!

December 27th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful story! So much stronger than I could ever be! You have an adorable baby girl!
December 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Love it!!! So wish I was brave enough to try a home birth!
December 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
~~~Sue~~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~~~Sue~~~
very inspiring birth story congratulations!
December 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
I love your story so much!!!

January 1st, 2011, 07:40 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wonderful experience

January 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM
FertileMyrtle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FertileMyrtle
Amazing story!!!! You are so courageous.

"All babies want to get borned" - Su Chin, Juno
January 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Super Mommy
Loved your birth story!! Thanks so much for sharing!

January 14th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
What a great story!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

January 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Cranberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search