A life changing blessing...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2010, 01:31 AM
metanelukka's Avatar Super Mommy
I never thought I would be in this place again. Newly remarried with two teenage daughters having a child was not in the plan. It was a small thought I tossed around a few brief times but that was as far as it went.

Kablammo!!! There was alot of worry involved. How we were going to fit a baby in? How was I going to do carrying a baby? In my 20's I skated the edges of pre-e and now at 36 with chronic hypertension I didn't know how that would effect things. Being pregnant with this little guy had a lot of high points and a few low ones. Mostly we made it through feeling pretty good.

At 28 weeks the dreaded symptoms of the high BP started. My doctor was quick to stay on top of it with meds. He kept saying telling me just to get to 36 weeks. We had to go that far! The more I read online about the HBP the scarier it got. At 32 weeks we started Non Stress Tests 2x a week. Thank God we not only made the 36 week mark but passed it.

Just shy of 37 weeks we had our 4th U/S to check his growth and discovered that he was breech. I say he was not ready to come out and was bracing himself to stay in! This was Thursday and the Maternal Medicine Dr at the hospital didn't feel that there was any need to take action just yet. The following day (Friday) we had a good appt. with the OB who gave us 10 days before we had to come back. Monday our NST went great but my BP was not so hot again and I was still at +2 on the protein. Same ol same ol.

Tuesday morning! 37 weeks! We have an appt with a man to get an estimate on the bathtub and he is at the door when the phone rings. The OB and the Maternal Medicine Doc had been putting their heads together and decided it was time. Tony is downstairs talking to the man and I am upstairs about to go into hyperdrive because only have till 6am to get everything in order for the baby, for Christmas, and junior year meetings for college! Oh yeah the bathtub man! Oh he had to go! As soon as he told us it would cost $2800 to put an overlay on the tub it made it so much easier to say good bye! Fast and furiously we went about tying up all the lose ends with me mourning the end of my final pregnancy.

Tuesday December 15th we went in at 6:30am to the hospital. I wish I had giving more thought to the C/S. I thought I was good but really I was so not prepared. Morphine! They told me they were using Morphine and I said no way. My whole family has issues with codeine and morphine. The last thing I wanted was to throw up repeatedly after a C/S. Afterwards my OB Doc would tell me the way it is used is completely different and it would have helped control alot of the pain after the C/S for up to 36 hours.

Shaking in my sexy brown slipper socks and completely sober they walked me over to the OR. All I could think was that soon I would hear that beautiful first cry. Soon my little son would be face to face with me. Soon my husband who was never going to have a child of his own would be holding his son. Soon I would not be pregnant anymore. Thank goodness I had so much on my mind! I was scared.

At 8:17 the funniest, cutest, most beautiful sound filled the room. My son's first cry as he sent his long arms and legs flailing all over the place. He seemed to be all arms and legs as they handed him to his daddy. That moment was priceless, Tony completely lost in this tiny little person. Life seems so much more complete.

So there he was Anthony Jacquin 5lbs 10oz of beautiful baby. He was named after his daddy and his grandma who passed away less than two months before he was born. He was a little small but healthy and happy. I am so grateful he did not need any extra care and roomed with me at the hospital. There were a few concerns about his size but in the end everything was ok.

Saturday afternoon they sent the two of us home to get ready for Christmas the following weekend.

Anthony Jacquin 12/15/10 5lbs 10oz 19.75 inches

Last edited by metanelukka; December 27th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.
December 27th, 2010, 05:46 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a story! Congratulations on your new little one. I am glad to hear that you and him are both safe and doing well.

December 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy that your family is complete. Your new little man is very handsome!!
December 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story AND a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations!
December 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM
us_four's Avatar Kristian... mommy of 2!!!
great story! that was beautiful!

December 28th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful story and little guy
December 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing!

December 30th, 2010, 08:53 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
Beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you Theresa!!!

Linda

January 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Super Mommy
What a sweet story!

January 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
I am glad everything worked out. He is just adorable!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search