Charlotte's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Charlotte wasn't due until January 25th, but we got an unexpected surprise on December 30th!

DH had the week after Christmas off from work, so he came with me to my regular 36 week OB appointment at 10:00 am Thursday, Dec 30th. We just thought that we would get in there and get out and go do a little shopping and go out to eat for lunch. But, our baby had other plans!

I had been having what I thought were just BH contractions the last couple days. Nothing that hurt and nothing that was regular.....just tightening of my stomach, but I could still do things through the contractions. I just assumed when labor started, I would know.

But anyway, my OB came into the room and we talked and then she went to check me. (She checks me at every appt and 2 weeks prior, nothing was going on down there.) She started out by saying that there was alot of pressure. And then her eyes got big and said you are already dialated to 5 cm! I was like, WHAT! She asked, "have you not been in pain?". No, I hadn't been feeling anything except some BH's here and there, but NOTHING painful. She said, "you're going to the hospital." All we could do was laugh because we were soooo in shock and not expecting this! But, I was also terrified because I was only 36 weeks.

So, we went to the hospital and registered (I hadn't even registered, yet) and got a in our delivery room around 11:00 am. DH ran home to get my hospital bag (which I had just packed a couple days before). We live about 25 minutes from the hospital, so he would be back in about an hour. My doctor came over at noon to break my water. But, when she checked me I was already at 6 cm and still hadn't gotten my epi. I was still not having painful contractions.....I wasn't even feeling the contractions. She was afraid to break my water at that point because DH wasn't back yet and she didn't want to break my water and have me progress really fast and DH miss the birth over a bag. LOL So, she left and said she would come back a little later after DH was back and I had gotten my epi and then she would break my water.

An hour later at 1:00pm, my OB came back to break my water and I was already dialated to 7! I asked her how much longer it would take and she said she didn't know and would come back in an hour and recheck me and then she could better predict everything because the epi slows things down alot of times. So, she came back at 2:00 to recheck and I was at 10 cm! I couldn't believe it! She said that I was ready, but baby was still high, so she wanted to wait a little while longer before I started pushing to let baby come down. At 3:15, my nurse came in and said that we would go ahead and start pushing to move the baby down and then she would call my OB to come in and catch the baby. I pushed for 5 minutes and she said stop....we've got to get the doc in here or she would be catching the baby. My OB came in with the techs and baby nurse and I pushed for 10 more minutes and Charlotte was delivered at 3:40! This was the easiest delivery ever! I couldn't have even imagined a easier delivery. Charlotte came out SCREAMING! And, everyone was saying that there was definitely nothing wrong with her lungs (which I had been worried about because she was 4 weeks early). She checked out perfectly! Her apgar scoring was 9/9!

One thing I've been worried about is nursing because I had a breast reduction about 4 years ago. Charlotte came out nursing like a pro! And, my milk came in today! So, everything seems to be working our perfectly. I just hope I'm going to have good enough milk supply for her. If not, then I'll just have to supplement a little.

I know this was super long.....thanks if you made it through it!

ETA: Charlotte Rosalee born December 30th at 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 18.5 inches long.

Last edited by AllisonC; January 2nd, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
January 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful birth story!! Women envy births like that!!

SO glad that your milk came and things seem to be going well! What a blessing
January 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow - what an amazing birth! You did so well! Congrats on your little bubba
January 2nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Allison that is an awesome birth story! I'm already having painful contractions I have to breathe through, and I'm sure when they check me I won't even be a 2 yet So glad she is here and you all are doing great!

Oh what are her stats?
January 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I forgot the stats.....

Charlotte Rosalee born December 30th at 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 18.5 inches long.
January 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story, that is just awesome!

January 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! That sounds like a perfect birth story!

January 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a perfect birth! Congratulations!
January 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Veteran
I LOVE it!!!!! What a wonderful birth story. I hope my own labor follows the same path as yours. Welcome Charlotte Rosalee!!!!

Mackey, wife to Rah and Mom to
Micah, Michaela,Matthew,Mason,Miles,Macauley,Mireya and Meredith
January 2nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I very much hope for the same story. Beautiful, Allison. Congrats!
January 3rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!
January 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
camevil's Avatar Veteran
What a wild and amazing birth experience!

My DD is also 1/25. Hope your super birthing powers rub a little off on me.
January 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow! congrats!!!!!
So much like Anthony's birth
What a perfect story!
January 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
What a great story! Congratulations!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

January 16th, 2011, 11:18 PM
metanelukka's Avatar Super Mommy
What a blessing that she is healthy and happy! I am glad that Dad made it back in time!

Anthony Jacquin 12/15/10 5lbs 10oz 19.75 inches
January 17th, 2011, 04:31 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what an amazing story! Congratulations on your awesome birth and sweet little girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search