First Baby of the DDC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Super Mommy
I wanted to go back and read this post considering how different I feel now compared to 5 weeks ago. Then I saw Lynda's post about the new sub forum so I figured I would copy it into here. It was such a bad experience but funny how only 5 weeks helps you forget somethings:

THANKS FOR ALL THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! Without them I know I wouldn't be where I am right now. I'll try to shorten the long birth story for those of you are want to know. Last week they wanted me to switch to high risk bc of some elevated levels. When I went for the consult my blood pressure was high. They sent me home with a 24 urine collection and told me to come back on Wed to do the nurses history and an u/s since they were now taking over my care. Monday I got a call from the doctor saying the urine had way too much protein in it and with the high bp she wanted to warn me that when I came back on Wed I may be admitted if my bp was still high bc it looked like preclampsia. I was determined to talk her down since it was Thanksgiving and everything. We did the u/s first and the fluid was very low and she seemed to be measuring behind, closer to a 23 or 24 weeker. I knew at that point I couldnt argue. So once I was put in a room it all went by so fast. I was on magnesium and received two steroid shots within 24 hours to mature her lungs. They started doing u/s every 12 hours and were giving her a score of 6 out of 10 bc overall she looked good she just could not get the 10 bc of the fluid and blood flow around the placenta. On Sat at 4am they did the last u/s and determined she will do better outside than in because she was past the 24 hour mark of the steroids. They started me on cervadil to induce labor. It made her heartrate drop more than they wanted to so they removed it a couple hours later and prepared me for the c section. It was so gross. I don't know how some of you did it. Saturday she was born at 10:03am measuring 1 pound 2 ounces and 10 inches long. Saturday is also my Dad's birthday which was a blessing since I never did pick up his gift lol. Since then things have been smooth with my recovery and it has been mostly good news for Michaela. I hate to be negative about it and I told the nurses I just keep expecting the bad. She said to look at it this way, Premies have struggles all the time so you celebrate the good days and when the bad days do come the good help you through. I am so happy these first two days of her life have been good. Thanks again for all of your prayers.

January 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I still can't believe how little she was. How much is she weighing now Erin?
January 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
2lbs 3oz. There were 24 week old twins born last night, a little boy and girl. The girl is next to Michaela and weighs 40 more grams then she did at birth. I could not take my eyes off her today. Michaela looks like a "big girl" compared to her. I could not believe Michaela was actually smaller then her 5 weeks ago.

January 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is just amazing!!
January 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can never read that without tearing up. I remember the entire ordeal like it was yesterday...with the texts, and trying to update everyone for you while out of town. UGH!

It seems like it was just yesterday to me....and it's been 5 weeks. Amazing! She's an absolute doll....and it's so good to hear how well she's done so far!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

January 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
It's amazing to hear how far she's come from this story! I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks, wow.
January 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Wow, I didn't remember that she was only 10 inches long and I can't believe it's been 5 weeks already.

I'm glad she's doing well!

Last edited by Melanie.; January 3rd, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
January 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe its been 5 weeks already and it is so great that she is doing so well!!

January 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM
J_Lee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still can't believe how tiny she was. She is such a little fighter! I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks!

January 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so beautiful! you did a great job momma!! I can't believe it has 5 weeks!
January 6th, 2011, 11:11 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
How are you doing now, Erin?

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

January 7th, 2011, 05:21 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Truly a little miracle! So happy to know that she's doing well. And yes, how are YOU doing?

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

January 7th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I still can't believe how small she was - or that it's been 5 weeks already!! From all of your updates it sounds like she is doing amazing. I am so happy to hear that, and it makes me tear up just thinking about it. You are one strong mama!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She was so tiny! Wow! So happy yall are doing well! (((HUGS))) She's beautiful!

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

January 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is a little fighter for sure! It's amazing how far she has come already. Keeping her in our T&Ps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search