Logan's Birth Story (Pictures Added)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I woke up around 7:30 on the 3rd and I just had a wet feeling. I went to the bathroom and heard a "sploosh" in the toilet. I turned around and looked and there was blood. Not alot but a noticeable amount. When I stood up I had some liquid run down my leg. I assumed that my water had broken. So I sat there for a moment not knowing what to do because I didn't have any contractions. It was DH's first day back to work in 2 weeks so I was deciding whether or not to call him yet. I decided I would and I called his cell and heard it ring in the house. I was about to get mad but then he came around the corner. He hadn't left for work yet. I let him know what was going on and we decided that he would just go on to work until things picked up. I made a few more calls and just kind of waited around. My mom came over and I started having a few contractions around 9:30. They were all over the place. They weren't lasting long. I kept waiting for 45 seconds or more and a regular timing. That never happened. Around 11 they were coming about 2 minutes apart but not lasting longer than 20 seconds. My mom was begging me to go ahead and go to the hospital since it was an hour drive. I called DH to come home. Then I called L&D to see what advice they had. They said if I thought my water had broke then I needed to come in. DH got home, we left. It was a pretty peaceful drive. We got all checked in around 12:30 and the nurse checked me. She said my bag of water was intact so I guess I had just been peeing on myself and I was dilated to almost 4 cm. She wanted to check with the doctor but felt like they would keep me. The IV nurse came in a tortured me. I really think the worse part of it all was getting that stupid IV. They started the antibotics for the GBS. Then the doctor came and broke my water. It felt like Niagara Falls came out of me. He said I was at 5 cm then. I didn't really ask for an epidural but somehow an order got put in for one. I guess because I said I didn't want to IV pain meds and I would PROBABLY want an epidural later. But the guy came in pretty early and gave me the epidural. I was all numbed up by 3:30 and dilated to 6 cm. At 4:30 the nurse checked me again and I was at 10!!! I was terrified about pushing because the last time I had to push for 1.5 hours. The doctor came in, I pushed 9 times (about 10 minutes) and Logan was here.

He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. It was so much than last time. I'm so happy to have my little boy here.

DH looks real happy huh?

My first look at Logan

So happy he's here

Ian & Logan meeting for the first time

Ian made a picture for Logan

Last edited by kdmommie; January 13th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
January 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Your bag of waters was still in tact? Even with a "Ploosh"? That seems odd to me, but I guess if the doc broke it later, then it was still in tact.

Congrats!

[/url]
January 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Super Mommy
So glad he finally decided to come!!
January 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
great story. easy labor!!! <3
January 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a better pushing experience! Congratulations!
January 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricialeesb View Post
Your bag of waters was still in tact? Even with a "Ploosh"? That seems odd to me, but I guess if the doc broke it later, then it was still in tact.

Congrats!
Yea I was almost positive that my water had broke. I guess the sploosh might have been the remainder of mucus plug? Or maybe I had a small leak?

January 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I am with you on the IV being the worst part though.

January 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
You could have had a break in your hindwaters, behind the baby, and then it's possible the baby shifted, blocking it from leaking more and allowing it to build up in front of the baby again.
Totally possible!

Beautiful story, and I'm so happy that it was easier than last time!
Welcome Logan!!

Linda

January 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Added some pictures

January 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
camevil's Avatar Veteran
Wowie, you handled that pretty well. And you look lovely for having just pushed out a baby!

Welcome, Logan! A fine baby, indeed.
January 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
Congratulations! He is so adorable! I agree that the IV is the worst - I would take a spinal/epi anyday over an IV - ouch! Glad your little guy is here safe & sound!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search