Carter Jordan 1/8/2011

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My adventure begun on January 6th 2011. I had a Dr.s appointment to have an ultrasound and my cerclage removed. The ultrasound showed Carter weighing 5 lbs 1 oz. They removed the Cerclage and I was dilated to a 2. By the time I got home I was having regular contractions every 2-3 minutes apart. The Dr. had told me before i left his office that it was normal and it was caused by him irritating my cervix during the removal. I thought the contractions would go away but the just hurt worse so about an hour later Jordan and I went to L & D. They checked and i still only a 2. They tried fluids and procardia to stop contractions (since they weren't checking my cervix they said it wasnt active labor) and sent me home. All the procardia did was space my contractions out to be regular 5 min apart ones. My tailbone was killing me all night and i contracted like this all night. I was even awoken a few times during the night because of them. I woke up on January 7th still having the contractions and called my Dr. He said that he wanted me to go back to L & D and be checked again to see if my labor progressed into active labor. I thought it was a waste of time because at this point, i thought Carter would stay in forever!... They checked me and I was now a 3. They decided to admit me since i was obviously in labor. My Dr. came in and said he would like to break my water so my labor wouldnt be prolonged. They moved me to a delivery room and started an IV. They also started me on antibiotics because they didnt have time to get a group B Strep test done. I got checked again and was a 4-5. I got through the antibiotics and got an epidural. The Dr. finally came in and checked me again I was a 6 and broke my water. I started feeling Contractions through the epidural and they came in and gave me a stronger dose. I was STILL feeling contractions though the epidural and they checked me and said I was ready to push. When they said that Jordan looked like he was going to pass out! I had Jordan, My MIL, My SIL, and my mom in the delivery room with me. I pushed for about an hour and a half and ended up having to have an episiotomy. Carter Jordan was born January 8th 2011 at 12:20am. He weighed 5 lbs 9 oz. He was 18 inches long. When he was born they set him on my chest while Jordan cut his umbilical cord. I loved seeing my little man! They brought him over to the table and checked him over. Then they gave him back to me which was so weird since my other kids had to go straight to the NICU. I held him and breastfeed him until he needed his exam (for his length and everything). They gave him back to me and i felt bad for Jordan so i gave up the baby lol. Jordan held him and it was so sweet. He was so proud. Then his mom held him and then my mom. After everyone left Carter got a bath and i held him for a while. He started making grunting noises which meant he was having trouble breathing. The NICU Dr. came in and checked him and decided he would be better up in the NICU so i held him one more time, kissed him goodbye, gave him to Jordan to kiss goodbye (then i kissed him again lol) and off little man went. He is doing good. He is on something called a CPAP to help him breathe. He just got tired of breathing since he is still premature. He will be here a few days and I will probably end up going home without him . I tried to keep this birth story and short as possible lol.

January 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww I'm glad everything turned out ok though. I hope he get's to go home with you. I can not imagine having to leave the hospital with out my baby with me. Hope you are feeling well though. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
January 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Casey, I really almost started crying when I read that your mother was in the delivery room with you. That makes me so happy for you.

Congratulations!! I'm glad you got your VBAC like you wanted! He's so precious.
I'm sorry he had to go to NICU, but other than that it sounds like he's doing great and I hope he keeps it up!
January 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
Yay, Carter! I hope he doesn't have to stay in the NICU too long. Congratulations, again!!
January 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! So excited for you! I'm so glad that your mom decided to come after all. I'm also glad to hear that you got your VBAC. I hope that he gets to come home soon!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
WOOHOO!! You got your vbac!! So happy for you! I hope Carter is ok, before you know it he will be home in his room! Enjoy the quicker recovery KUP!
January 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad he had an easy entry into the world! And he will be ready to go home before you know it! (((HUGS)))

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

January 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
J_Lee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Casey! You got your VBAC, that's awesome! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get to take Carter home soon. Take care mama, and KUP!

January 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
YAY!!!! I'm so glad you got your VBAC!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully you will all be together soon

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

January 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
He is just as cute as can be! I am so glad your mom decided to come and be supportive! Hopefully he won't have to be on the CPAP for very long!
January 8th, 2011, 07:40 PM
jbug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I hope he gets to come home soon

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!!
January 8th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations again! That's great that the VBAC worked for you and that your Mom was there! I hope little Carter gets to go home soon.
January 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's nice to finally meet the little guy that's been giving you a hard way to go all this time! Congratulations Casey...he's perfect!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

January 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I hope his NICU stay is short!!

January 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Yippee!!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! So happy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search