Eloise Estelle- New Years Eve baby!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On the 30th of December, I woke up about 5:00 AM with weird period like cramps. They were coming spaced out like contractions, but were so mild I didn't worry too much about it. As the morning wore on, they grew in intensity and by about noon, they were 6 minutes apart. I knew I had an appointment with my midwife at 2 and figured I would ask her when I saw her. About an hour before I was set to go, I went to the bathroom and there was bloody show. I knew that wasn't a good sign, but was in total denial about being in labour since I was so early.

When I got to midwifes office, she said we had to go to L&D right away. They checked me there, and I was at 3cms. The local hospital doesn't deliver unless you are at 34 weeks, and doesn't have a NICU so I was rushed by ambulance to a hospital over an hour away. The ride down there was kind of scary. My contractions were coming every couple of minutes and we were praying that I wouldn't have her in the ambulance.

We made it to the hospital, and they gave me the steroid shot for her lungs. They also put two nitroglycerin patches on me to help delay the labour. For the next 35 hours, I had contractions ranging from two minutes apart all the way to about twenty minutes apart. There were times when it looked liked it had stopped the labour and we wouldn't be having her at all. In all those hours, I barely dilated.

At 4 PM on the 31st, we asked the doc to check me because my DH needed to go home to let the dogs out to pee. The doc checked me and I had progressed to 4.5 cm, but since it had taken me all day to progress just half a centimeter, she figured it would be fine for him to make the hour drive back. DH left, and I tried to rest.

DH had been gone about an hour when I felt like I got kicked in the stomach, and heard a big "pop". It was my water breaking. I called my DH and told him to get back right away. The doc checked me and I was at 5 cms. The contractions started coming on quick. They checked me again 15 minutes later when I was screaming that I had to push, and I was at 8cms already. They raced me to the delivery room, and the doc was there just in time to catch her at 5:31PM. DH arrived back at the hospital at 6 PM and managed to miss the whole thing!

Eloise came out screaming. She was a feisty little thing! She looked really good, and was a great size for 33 weeks gestation at 4lbs 15oz. The one thing that had everyone perplexed is that she was leaking this runny substance from her bowels. The ped said he had never seen anything like that in all of his years of practice, and they started running a bunch of tests to try and figure out what it was.

Eloise is now 9 days old and is doing pretty well. I held for the first time when she was 5 days old. They never figured out what the infection was, but she managed to fight it off. She has always been on room air which is fantastic. She struggled with getting her glucose levels right for the first 5 days or so, and that also seems to have resolved itself. She was taken off of her IV yesterday, and is being fed breastmilk via a tube in her nose. There are a ton of problems that could still come up, but we are so grateful to see her improving.

Eloise a couple of hours after she was born.

Eloise at 5 days old.

Eloise at 8 days old.

Last edited by Wednesday; January 9th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
January 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Awwww. I'm so glad she is ok. I hope you have a quick recovery and get to bring her home soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
January 9th, 2011, 02:00 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness...she is so beautiful. You did an awesome job, congrats momma. Thanks for sharing your story
January 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's gorgeous! Congrats! Glad to hear she is rid of the infection now! So did your DH miss her birth then?
January 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xPink View Post
She's gorgeous! Congrats! Glad to hear she is rid of the infection now! So did your DH miss her birth then?
Yes, sorry. I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote my birth story out, and should have explained that better. I will go fix that.

January 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
Aww, she's so sweet! I'm glad to hear she's doing well! That's really a bummer that your DH wasn't there for her birth though.
January 10th, 2011, 03:51 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so cute! Glad that she's doing super! Bummer about DH though. Hopefully you'll be home before you know it.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

January 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...she is beautiful!!

January 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
She is beautiful!! Congrats!! What a birth story & a heck of a bday!! KUP on how she is
January 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's absolutely adorable! Congratulations.

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I can't believe your DH managed to miss the whole thing! I also can't believe that you couldn't hold her for 5 days! I can't even imagine. I had my baby 6 weeks early and couldn't hold her for 24 hours because she was taken to another hospital and I wasn't transferred to the next day so I have an idea but still, you had to be really strong I'm sure! I hope all is well now and you are both doing great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search