Callum's birth story (xposted)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Callum Alexander
January 6, 2011 12:33 pm
8 pounds 4 ounces, 19 Ĺ in
This was my first planned induction, so it all seemed very weird to me. I couldnít sleep the night before knowing that I was going to have a baby the next day, so strange. Anyway, my dad came over to watch the kids and Fernando and I headed to the hospital. Got there at 6:30 and was all settled and hooked up to monitors before 7. Then the waiting began, apparently it was crazy busy because we didnít see anyone for an hour. Finally got pitocin going at 8:30 and my doctor wanted to start me slow since I have a history of fast labors. The contractions were not bad at first, so I got up and was walking around the room. At 9:40, they broke my water and that was not fun, baby was still high and so was my cervix so it took forever and I swear the resident scratched me with the amniohook about 5 times. Anyway, that really started labor and I was having to breath through the contractions. At about 11:30, they checked me again and I was only 6. I was like ďoh my God, how can I only be that far (I started at almost 5)?Ē Well, 35 minutes later, I was telling Fern that he better call the nurse because I could feel pressure, the resident checked me and I was 7-8, 10 minutes later she checked again because I was shaking and puking and there I was at 9. This is the moment the lady from the lab decided to draw my blood. I swear if I could have moved, I probably would have killed her. Anyway, between contractions, I looked at my nurse and told her that when I told her I felt like pushing, that meant baby was here. Luckily she believed me because about five minutes later, I told her I needed to push. The resident checked me, I had an anterior lip, so she told me not to push and LEFT. Okay, whatever. One more contraction, and I told the nurse that he was coming, she called my doctor as she was grabbing gloves. My doctor walked in, told me to push if I needed to and ended up catching a baby before they even had the bed completely broke down. He was born at 12:33. Little man was blue and not moving much, I think he was shocked to be out in the cold world so quickly, one push isnít a lot of time to prepare. Once he was up on my chest he started squirming and crying, so I didnít have a chance to worry much. My next shock was when I found out he was 8 pounds 4 oz, almost a pound bigger than my older son. Anyway, he was quickly nursing like a champ. My dad brought the two older ones about an hour after he was born and Livy instantly loved him. Eli, however, chose to pretend that Callum didnít exist and would have nothing to do with me if I was holding him when he came in the room. If someone else had him, I could get a few cuddles, but itís definitely been an adjustment for him.

January 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
great story. did u use any medication?? im happy ur baby is here and healthy!!
January 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, just the pitocin. I hate epidurals, bad experience and my babies come to quick for iv narcotics to be safe.

January 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pitocin and no epidural? you are my hero!

WTG momma!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
January 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Super Mommy
WOW! That is impressive... pit w/o an epi! You are AWESOME!!

January 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story. Thanks for sharing!
January 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
What a great story! Congratulations on your little guy!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

March 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
Whoa! You are a champ! That's a great story and I love that you knew it was time and what to do!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search