Mason's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
I know this is a little late but I wanted to share my story, too!

Let me start off with this lil tidbit: On Tuesday, the 21st I was standing in line at McDonalds ordering some lunch when I felt wet all of a sudden...I went to the bathroom to check and sure enough I was wet. It had soaked through my undies into my pants (thank goodness I had black pants on!) but I didn't think too much of it because it stopped. I figured it was just discharge or whatever.

On December 22nd (mine and DH's 2nd anniversary) DH left work early to go to my appointment with me and we were going to go out to dinner and do a little Christmas shopping. It was my first pelvix exam and we were really excited and hoped that I had made some sort of progress. They asked if I had been having contractions and I said no, not that I was aware of. The doctor felt my belly and told me that I was having a contraction at that moment. I had no clue, I thought it was the baby pushing out...I had been having that feeling for about 2 weeks. So, she lifted up the sheet and told me to lay back.....she asked me if I was sweating and I said no, why? She said that there was fluid on the paper underneath me. So, she told me to go ahead and lay back and she would check me. I was a loose 2 and 80% effaced. She left the room and told me to get dressed and she would be back in to talk to me. When she came back in she had a concerned look on her face which scared me to death. She said that she though I was leaking fluid and the story about the day before made her think it even more and that since it had been over 24 hours she wanted to induce me. She told me to leave her office and go to the hospital...I asked if I could go home to get my bags (I live about half an hour away) and she said no, have your husband take you to the hospital now nad let them get you started on antibiotics and he can go get your bags. So, I made it to the hospital about 4 and it took them forever to get an IV in, they had to do it 6 times!! Finally, they got it in and started antibiotics and pitocin around 5 pm. I was contracting pretty regular but wasn't having any pain at all. Later on in the night, not sure what time, I asked for some pain med and they have me a dose of Stadol. My doctor came in at 3 am (Thursday, the 23rd) and broke my water and the pain got really bad! I was dialated to around 4 at this time.

I asked for an epidural and they said that they would have to call the guy in and told me that he lived in town so it shouldn't take too long for him to get there. So, I waited and waited and waited and he never did show. We got a lot of snow that night and they said he may have been having trouble getting in. Later on the nurse came to check me and told me I was dialated to 8 and I asked again where the guy was to give me my epidural, and they told me that they would call and check that they hadn't heard from him.

Well, after they checked me the last time it was just a few minutes later and I told the nurse that I needed to push. She said no, you can't...I just checked you and you are 8. I said well I have to push! So, they laid me back and checked me again and I remember the nurse saying "she has no cervix left, she's ready". So, the doctor came in and the nurses got everything ready. I pushed what seems like an eternity and kept asking my doctor how much longer.....she said honey, some first time moms push up to 2 hours. I thought to myself, there's no way!! So, I guess that made me focus and push even harder....I ended up pushing for about 35 minues and Mason Eric was born at 6:21 am on Thursday, December 23rd.

Oh, the guy showed up to give me my epidural as I first started pushing. He walked in and my doctor told him he was too late. She said, you know what, I'll be right back and took her gloves off and went out of my room. I'm sure she went out and gave him a mouthful because she seemed pissed that it took him to long to get there. lol I had two doses of Stadol and that was it!

So, about 12-13 hours of labor and only 35 minutes of pushing, my little man arrived. He was 6 lbs., 1.9 oz. and 21 inches. I was 37 weeks and 4 days....

I wish those of you still left an easy, quick and painless delivery!

(I have mommy brain now so if I didn't make much sense, I apologize! lol)

special thanks to BAM for the awesome siggy!
]
January 16th, 2011, 03:54 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! What a story! Congratulations on Mason. And I hope that dr. gave him an earful on not being there. Craziness!

January 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
Congratulations! You did great!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search