Sadie Mae's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sadie Mae was born 1-10-11 at 2:52 pm. She was 7 lbs 12 oz & 20 in. I had a very easy labor and it was nothing like what I expected!!

The night I went into labor I had given up on trying to get the baby out! I was over due, and all week I had tried everything to go into labor… but it just made me tired and sore, so I told myself when shes ready she will come, and if I have to be induced then I will just have to deal with it. I had a dr. appt the next morning, and we were going to set an induction date.

I had really bad cramps when I went to bed (I didn’t know they were contractions). Around 3 a.m. I woke up from the cramps and had to use the bathroom.. On my way, my water broke! At first I thought I peed myself because it wasn’t a lot, and I assumed it would be a big gush. I called my mom to let her know, and she told me to start timing my contractions. At this point they were 2 mins apart, so I called Jim (Sadies dad) to let him know it was time to go to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital I was 2 cms dilated and 100% effaced. By 7 a.m. my contractions were still 2 mins apart and not too painful and I had made no progress, so they started the pitocin.. Right after they started it, my contractions were right on top of each other and very painful. I held out for about 2 hours before I got the epidural. After I got it, I immediately felt SO much better! I would not have been able to make it through labor with out it!

My mom left around 11 because the nurse said I probably wont be delivering til around 7 or 8 that night, and I told her there was no reason for her to be there the whole time since I had Jim with me. I was able to rest until the nurse checked me at 1:30 and I was only 4 cms, so they increased the pitocin. About a half hour later I started feeling the contractions again (not too painful, but painful enough) I just assumed the epi had worn off a little, so I got another dose.

At 2:15, my dad came to sit in the room with me so Jim could go get food. I was still uncomfortable, so 5 mins after Jim left, the nurse checked me and I was 10 cms and ready to push!!! I frantically called my mom and Jim to tell them to hurry back. (we only live 10 mins from the hospital, but I was so afraid my mom was going to miss it!!) The nurse kept telling me they weren’t going to miss it, and I would probably be pushing for a long time- and it could be another hour or 2 before I have the baby

Luckily they both showed up right before I started to push. I only had to push for 7 mins before she came out!! (I’m glad I didn’t have to push for hours, but it left me with 3 tears and an episiotomy!!) She was so beautiful!! And she had the cutest cry!! She snorts when she cries The look on Jims face was unforgettable! He cried and kept saying- shes beautiful, brie! She looks just like you! .. Shes going to be daddys little girl!

Her heart rate was a little off, and she had some fluid in her lungs, but they were able to hand her right to me. They put her on my chest and a few mins later I tried nursing. She latched right on and nursed for 40 mins!! (shes been a great nurser ever since!)

Overall, my labor/birth experience was amazing!! I wouldn’t change anything about it!!

*sorry if some of this doesn’t make sense or if I was rambling.. Im still trying to get use to not sleeping! Lol)
January 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad you had an enjoyable labor! Congrats!

[/url]
January 18th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
I'm glad it went well! Congratulations!

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

January 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
first time moms like to prove nurses wrong when they predict hours of pushing
congrats!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search