We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
It was a long process, but here we are! After making my decision to stop working after Tuesday, things really began to happen. Wednesday was a nice relaxing day at home. There was snow that began that night, and it snowed, and it snowed, and it snowed. DH had this feeling that he should get a start on the driveway just in case. I just laughed at him and said we would probably be waiting until his induction date the next week.
That same night, Thursday, at 1am I woke up to some contractions. I didn't think much about it because it had happened before. I started timing them and also realized I couldn't sleep through them. At 5:50 I woke DH up and told him about my contractions and that I was going to call Labor and Delivery to see what to do. They weren't really consistent so they told me to wait about an hour and see how things were going. I waited and things weren't changing, so I called my doctor and they told me to go on to L&D.
DH went out to scrape the driveway of the 7-10 inches of snow we got overnight. Ugh! We got to L&D after a slow drive. I was in pain with my contractions, so they let me in a room and started monitoring me. They decided to keep me because of the weather and the fact that I was in early labor. This was at 10am, so I had been in early labor for about 9 hours.
I went through contractions all day and night and they were intense. At about 2am I received an epidural. That really helped with the pain and I was able to get a little sleep that night. At 5am they gave me pitocin and broke my water to get my contractions to do something consistent and closer together. I wasn't dilating past 5 and my cervix was beginning to swell. They gave me antibiotics because I was feeling feverish. After some debate, the nurse said she thought he might not be facing correctly or too big for the canal, so she said that she talked to my doctor and they wanted me to decide either to wait or do the c-section. I was super tired, sore, emotional, and not feeling well. I was just done, so we opted for the c-section.
They got me all ready for surgery to happen in about an hour. My doctor would be off for the day and could come back over to do my surgery, so I was really excited my doctor would be doing the actual c-section.
At noon they wheeled me in and prepped me for surgery. I had some issues with feeling some pain so they amped up my pain meds and I was kind of out of it for most of the cs. I heard him cry and got to see him when he was born at 12:35.
I have never been happier. He is a bundle of adorable joy! He is doing really well at attempting to breastfeed and he is content. The nurses ooh and aah over him...he is just perfect.
7lbs 8oz, 20.5 inches long
Last edited by MomtoParker; January 22nd, 2011 at 08:07 PM.