Meredith Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Veteran
So I'm FINALLY here to post my birth story and my child is over 2 weeks old!!!!!! Anywho, Like I've been saying on FB this delivery was VERY different from my others and it sealed the deal in my mind that my UTERUS must go....will go ...is set to go in about 4 more weeks... YIPPEEEEE My pregnancy this time was pretty uneventfull. With the exception of having cankles VERY early on, everthing else was fine. I lost 32lbs in the first few weeks and NEVER found them again. ( not that I LOOKED really hard for them) My BP was wonderful and everything was rocking along just fine. I was quite sure that I would STILL be preggo at the end of January cause it seemed like this kid was super comfy in my tum. That all "jumped the shark" on 1/3/11. I went in to see the Dr and my BP was HIGH. I don't remember the # but it was enough to freak out my super cool Dr. She sent me to L&D and they hooked me up to monitors and kept me for 6 hrs. At that point my Dr. came down and told me that she would send me home but wanted me to return on Wed 1/5/11 to check out what was happening. She feared pre-eclampsia was setting in. On wed I returned and you bet your shooting stars that my BP wast still high and I had begun to spill protein in my urine ( +2). So that little tidbit got me a date with an induction! So I spent the evening of the 5th stashing kids in various spots and preparing to have a baby the next day and full 3 weeks earlier than I planned!!!! I spent the night with my Mom and headed to the hossy around 5 a.m. At 7 a.m I was fitted with a Foley Cath (that was blown up with 80cc of water) just inside the mouth of my uterus and had the tubes taped to my inner thigh and was instructed to gradually tug on them by adducting my thigh every now and again. ( For those of you who are thinking WTH???? I know...I know...but I was TERRIFIED of being induced and wanted NO parts of pitocin) This was my Dr's form of compromise. She wanted to just do pitocin. When she placed the the cath inside I was 3cm dilated and 50% effeaced with a +1 station. After I had pulled the the cath all the way out, I was dialted to 6/7 80% effaced and at a -1 station. Since my BP was high the Dr. convinced me to get an epidural.....it was great for the hour or so in which it worked. By the time it wore off I was in transition, completely dilated and ready to push!!!!I pushed 4 times FEELING it all and popped Miss Meredith out. In one more push I delivered the placenta and rejoiced at the feeling of completion! My hossy celebrates the "magic hour" and so for about 1 1/2 hour after the baby is born the baby is allowed to nurse, bond and get aquainted with Mom and Dad. This part of my delivery was wonderful. Now fast forward to 2 a.m. on 1/7/11. I stood up to go to the bathroom and all hell broke loose. I started dropping clots and delivered SOME THING as big as the baby into the toliet and completely FREAKED all the nurses and on call DR out! So guess what they did ....hung not 1 but 2 bags of pitocin and gave me Cytotec for 6 hours to stop the bleeding. After all of this I begin to shake and shiver and it took 8 blankets and raising the temp in my room to 85 to warm me up. My hemoglobin was a 5. So.....I did not get to go home the next day as planned. I got 2 blood transfusions. They did bring my hemoglobin back up to an 8 but I'm still taking IRON in addition to my pre-natal vitamins 3 X a day. Now..almost three weeks later I'm still bleeding and not feeling myself yet....usually I bounce back by week 2 after delivery. In the a.m. I'm headed back to Dr's for an ultrasound of my uterus and to revise our game plan about operation "Remove the Baby House" After all of this . Stick a fork in me....I'm done. Love the baby...but the uterus has offended me. It is leaving....we are taking it out. There has been good news.....I'm down by another 20 lbs!!!!! Breastfeeding is working for us!!!!!!

Mackey, wife to Rah and Mom to
Micah, Michaela,Matthew,Mason,Miles,Macauley,Mireya and Meredith
January 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, glad you and baby are alright. That is some scary afterbirth stuff!

January 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like it has been quite the bumpy road for you. I hope that everything works out for you soon and that you begin to feel better. Congrats on your new addition!

January 24th, 2011, 12:06 PM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds a little scary! Hope the bleeding stops soon and that you "bouce back" soon as well.

[/url]
January 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Sounds very scary! Glad you and baby are ok. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Congrats on Miss Meredith!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search