Tatum's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Veteran
I had been having contractions for week that were getting stronger and stronger. I went to the doctor at 38 weeks and 3 days and she said I was dialated to a 4. I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks, which was Monday of the next week. She informed me that my induction was getting bumped and that if she was to deliver my baby I would have to go into labor before then (she was going out of town on Tues and would be gone for 2 weeks). She delivered my other children and I really wanted her to deliver Tatum. My body was so close to labor, in fact she thought I was already in early labor, it just needed a little push. She stripped my membranes again and I asked her if I could try castor oil. She said yes, but not to expect it to work. She said it would probably just give me a good colon cleanse, lol!
So I went home and took about 3 tablespoons in orange juice (it tasted like chapstick, but wasn't THAT bad). After a few hours I started to think it wasn't working. 4 hours after I took it I started to have regular contractions every 7 minutes. After about an hour of those contractions I got a REALLY intense contraction that lasted for several minutes and I told my mom she needed to get me to the hospital. I called DH at work and he was going to meet me there.
They set me up in the observation room to watch my contractions and see if they were going to keep me or not. I was there for about 3 hours, having regular contractions (no diarrea or vomiting, that goodness). When the nurse checked me, she said that I was only about a 1/2 centimeter more dialated.
She then proceeded to stretch my cervix to a 5, and REALLY strip my membranes. I was almost screaming from the pain! I was grateful though because otherwise they would have sent me home. She then told me I could pick out a room ( it's a small hospital and they didn't have a lot of laboring moms that night). By the time I got to the room my contractions were coming so hard and so much faster that I was really having to concentrate on them. She checked me again after they put in the IV and I was 6 cm. The epidural came while I was 6 cm and then the doctor broke my water. I went from 6 cm to fully dialated in less than 5 mins! The nurse told me that I could start pushing, but when she watched to see how I was pushing she yelled at me to stop and started running around the room looking for the emergency call button. She couldn't find it and I started to feel the baby's head come out. I couldn't not push, my body was doing it involuntarily. My mom ran out of the room to find the doctor, and the doctor ran in and didn't even have time to put on gloves. She delivered the rest of the body in one push. It was crazy how fast he came out! I went from 6 cm to the baby being fully delivered in 6 mins!
He came out screaming. I think he was shaken up by the fast delivery. I think it was because he was the smallest of my 4 babies so he practically shot out of me! The others were 8 lbs, 8 lb 1 oz, and 9 lbs. Tatum was only 7 lbs 4 oz. He seems like a baby doll to me. We are so happy to finally have him here!

January 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
Oh so exciting!! Love how fast it went for you! Gives me hope that mine could go faster.

Congrats! Post pictures when you have time!
January 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
What a nice labor and I'm glad that the castor oil helped! Can't wait to see pics!!

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

January 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a nice quick labor Can't wait for pics!!

January 28th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!! We wanna see some pictures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
January 28th, 2011, 06:53 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! And yes, we need pictures please!

January 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 29th, 2011, 09:25 AM
OOCMarie314's Avatar Super Mommy
What a great delivery story!

***Thanks GRAYSMAMA for the Siggy*****

February 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoa! That's a fast delivery! So glad your little man is here safely! Congratulations!
February 10th, 2011, 07:01 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a fast delivery!

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search