Danika Marie's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
on sunday morning(the 23rd) i woke up at 7 am having some contractions. they weren't regular but coming every 10 minutes or so. not painful but definitely more that what i had been experiencing in the days before. that whole night i had been up every 45 minute to pee so i felt like something was going down that day and had lost a ton of my mucus plug. so my parents took the boys to church while chris and i took the dog to the dog park to walk around to try to get things going stronger and closer together. it was sooo cold outside we couldn't stay for very long so we took the dog back home grabbed my suitcase just in case, had some lunch and then decided to go walk around the mall. by the time we got to the mall it was around 1:00 and it was so nice. i knew it was going to happen that day and it was so peaceful walking around just chris and I spending the day together shopping. the contractions had slowed on the way to the mall but after walking around they started to get a bit stronger and closer together, not super painful but to the point where i had to stop and lean over a bit during them. they were between 5-6 minutes apart. then around 3 we were ready to leave but i didn't feel ready to go to the hospital yet so we went to our friends house who lived on the way to the hospital. we hung out for about an hour before the contractions started getting pretty intense and i was feeling them in my back too, they were about 4-5 minutes apart. by 4 o'clock we decided to head to the hospital and i knew i was within hours from delivering considering how fast casey was born. when we got into triage they checked me and i was 4-5 cm and very little cervix with my waters bulging. right after she checked me she was hooking me up to the antibiotics for gbs and had me doing a NST when POP POP, my water boke all over the bed. it was the weirdest feeling. i've only ever had my water broken by my ob in labor so it was really different, could feel it so loud and intense through my whole stomach. then the contraction right after my water broke was REALLY strong and she said i'm going to check you again. i had gone to 7-8 cm in one contraction. so she said they were going to take me to my room now and asked if i wanted a wheel chair. i said no i will walk. on the way there i had one contraction and it was super intense, she said tell her in i feel like i need to push and i said "i do". so they got me to the room and called my ob who was basically running through the hospital to get there in time. during that i had 2 more contractions which were the strongest ones i have ever felt, like my whole body was contracting from head to toe. i was leaning over the bed trying not to push but i couldn't help it. finally my ob came in and she had me get up on the bed to check me and i was 10 cm and ready to push. once i was pushing it was so amazing. it was like this calm came over the room, my ob was so amazing( she wasn't the one on call with my last two so i had never actually had her for a delivery before) it was her two nurses and chris in the room and everyone was being so quite and helping me through it. i pushed for three contractions three pushes for each contractions and her head came out. thank god she has such a little head then they were concerned about her shoulders getting stuck because that is what happened with casey but i just had to give a little push while my legs were back and she pressed a bit on my stomach and she was out in a second. it was the most relieving feeling ever! danika came out so perfect, she nursed skin to skin for a hour quietly before they weighed her and measured her. she was born at 5:34 pm sunday january 23rd weighing 6lbs 14 oz. our stay in the hospital was very nice and quiet and 48 hours after her delivery we were released and it has just been amazing since being home. she is so amazing, so sleepy and so little. she has lost a lot of weight but has been gaining the minimum required so they are just monitering her weight every few days just to make sure. today she was 6lb 7 oz so she has gained one ounce since we have left the hospital. i think she is just a small baby though because she is eating sleeping and pooping as much as she should be! anyways i guess that it all her birth story! thanks for reading if you got this far!
January 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Wow, what a fast and efficient birth! That's really awesome and I love the name! Congrats!

March 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
what a fast, easy and great birth story! love it!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search