Dylan Paige's Birth Story, Jan 3rd 2011

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Love Leigh.'s Avatar Love My Girls ♥
Send a message via MSN to Love Leigh.
In the days before I really had no indication that I was going to go into labor so soon, so I really was taken by surprise. On January 2nd I had a pretty normal day, woke up, did some cleaning and sat down to watch some TV. Mid-afternoon I had an appointment which was pretty dissapointing as I was told I wasn't dilated at all. I made a little bit of a post about how I was ready to meet my little girl and complained a little before bed. I'd been in bed for probably about an hour and a half when I woke suddenly with a really strange feeling. Closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep and seconds later I just felt gushing. Jumped out of bed, rushed to the bathroom and sat there for about 5 minutes in shock! I finally put a pad on and called the hospital. I was on hold for about ten minutes before I finally got to talk to a midwife. She was sure my waters had broken from what I had told her so she instructed me to stay calm and asked if I had any contractions and so forth. I was told not to rush in and to just take my time.

After my Mom got here so she could be with Bella (9 y/o DD to be) we headed off to the hospital. It was almost 4am by this point and my waters had broken around 2am. We weren't at the hospital for very long we were basically whisked in right away and one of the midwives checked me and I was told I was at 1cm dilated. I hadn't really had any contractions, I had started feeling a knot like sensation and some pelvis pain, but nothing big. I got sent home and was told to stay there so I could be more comfortable, but to head back in by 9:30am unless my labor started to pick up significantly.

It was actually a really good morning, I sat in the lounge room on my yoga ball with Mary, my Mom and Bella (she'd woken up and wanted to stay up as she was too excited to sleep). I am telling you, there is the WEIRDEST shows on at that time of morning so we had a good laugh. Mary was behind me the WHOLE time giving me a back rub! By about 6:30 I had started to have some regular contractions, nothing unbearable, but I started timing them online. By 7:30 they had picked up a lot more and were becoming quite painful, I think they were about every 7-8 mins at that point. An hour and a half later we decided it was time to head in a little early as I was in a lot of pain. We got checked in and I had to wait about 20 minutes for a midwife who came and checked me. I was 3cm dilated and they decided they could take me over immediately to the birthing suite. I was asked if I wanted to have an epidural but I decided against it... I don't know why I said no, because I had actually been planning on having one, it just felt right at that moment.

Bella and my Mom came in about 10am and we went for a walk around the hospital in the hope of getting my labor to really kick in to action. By 11am I was in AGONY, apparently at one stage it got so bad during a contraction that I told a midwife that "that is it, I'm going!" When she asked me where I was going I said that I didn't know and it was none of her business. I do not remember this! The thing that helped me the most was the shower, I sat in there for HOURS and it was a life saver. I had really bad back labor so Mary was spraying my back with the removable shower head. They gave me injections into my back with sterile water. I am telling you when they were injecting them HOLY SHEESH it was agony but they were absolutely wonderful. Really good pain relief for back labor! I think it was around 12pm that I was 6cm dilated. One of my sisters came in a little after 1pm and I think I traumatised her. She looked horrified when she had to witness me go through a contraction. She told me days later that "I didn't realize it was THAT painful"!

I started pushing at 4:02pm and I am telling you this was the longest 44 minutes of my life. Lo and behold though at 4:46pm our beautiful little girl arrived screaming her lungs out. While I was pushing Mary and a midwife had helped me out of my clothes so that I could have skin to skin contact when she arrived. So she was almost immediately placed on my chest and I was in tears. I'd never seen anything so beautiful in my life. Mary cut the cord and we just kissed and cuddled her for ages.

She was 7lbs 4oz and 20 inches long. Lots of dark brown hair and was rocking a little bit of a mohawk in the middle! Family all came in about an hour later and she got a lot of loving. Bella told me she was the best baby she'd ever seen!

And that is our story!

Credit to claire1979 for the amazing siggies!
January 30th, 2011, 07:54 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that the contractions were so horrible, but it sounds like the rest of the birth was amazing! So glad that you have your little girl!

January 30th, 2011, 11:07 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our LOs share the same birthday and almost the same birthtime. Logan was born at 4:48.

February 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
beautiful story, momma!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search