Unintended natural pain med free delivery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
Super Mommy
i lost my mucous plug on saturday 1/29 I had weird random pains all week and kept looking a lot of mucous. Mondays 1/31 i woke up at 5am with very mild contractions I had a small amount of pinkish discharge. My husbatnd called me at 12 on his lunch break to see how i was and tell me that he told his dad to be on "stand by" and all of a sudden my contractions stopped completely i thought for sure it was just false labor. My husband got home from work around 6pm and the contractions started again. We ate dinner and went to the grocery store just to walk around and try to "regulate the contractions" after aout 1 hour of walking i literally was in tears i couldn't walk through the contractions anymore. We went home and started to timeing the contractions. there were about 3-5 mins apart. I finally called the dr she said to go to L&D. By the time we got there at 12am I was 7cm dilated. They got me right in a room, franticly worked to get the room ready and 2 nurses and an anastesiologist stabbed my 5 times tring to get an iv in so they could give me antibiotics and start the epidrual. The contratractions were UNBEARABLE .... they got the epidural in the doctor came in to check me I was 8 cm... they were trying to get the meds in the epidural to take effect, and the contractions kept coming I felt like i had to poop I told the dr she said it's probably just the baby moving down. She checked me again and said with the next contraction she wanted me to try pushing I did is was crazy painful but she told me to keep pushing the baby was coming WITHOUT my epidural taking effect . My water still hadn't broke, when it did I swaer to God it was like I threw a water balloon out of my vaj. Everyone got wet... I had no idea that that kind of "explosion" was even possible and if i wasn't in SO much pain i probably would have been embarrassed. ( in retrospect it was kind of funny/amazing) anyway after the most intense 10 mins of pushing There she was the most perfect little baby girl EVER She came out SO quick that her head was still completely round AND my tears were minimal. With my son i tore like an episiotomy AND internally this time just a "small" internal tear... which is uncomfortable but not nearly as bad as last time. Lorelai is exactly 1 day and 2 hours old it's 3am 2/2/11 I just nursed her they took her back to the nursery and I am waiting for them to come take my vitals so i can hopefully get a pain pill and go back to sleep. I wish I had the energy to go back and fix my grammar but i don't ( not like i'm known for my amazing typing skills anyway)

I have never wanted a "natural" birthing experiance and the fact that it was forced on me is probably why it was SO painfuly hard. I think that if I were more prepared for the lack of pain meds I would have something more positive to say about the whole natural thing... but the truth is I was i'm never even tried to consider what it would feel like to have to feel it all.

None of that matters now. Lorelai does what Lorelai wants just like her mother

The marked my total labor down as 4 hours, the didn't count the morning contractions. so 4 hours of labor and 10 mins of pushing drug free.... i am still trying to wrap my head around it! ....
February 2nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness!!! that is so crazy!
Way to go for being so strong and getting through it!

February 2nd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad everything went well. Hope you have a fast recovery.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
February 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your baby girl and way to go on the pain med free delivery
February 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Expecting 1st LO!
Wow, that's a really inspiring story for all of us that are seeking an epidural, but labor might be too quick for one, which is one of my fears. Congrats on your little girl!
February 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
Congrats!! Thats a heck of a birth story!!
February 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
Congrats, I'm proud of you!! I am so afraid of having this baby w/out the epidural....I do know that it's a possibility and you give me hope that it is possible to go through!

Congrats again mama!

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

February 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Super Mommy
i have to be honest it freakin hurt! lots of tears and i was not at all calm. there was alot of screaming which i am still embarrassed about for some reason. even though they all said how great i did i still apologized like 100 time for making a spectacle of myself lol you have to remember that it's worth it an its only temporary that phrase will probably mean nothing to u at the time lol
February 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl...and doing it med free.

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 3rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Glad you made it through the pain. That's definitely a fear of mine, and I would totally be screaming horribly if in your shoes. You had me cracking up with the whole "water balloon" water breaking incident.
February 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!! I have to say, my first natural labor and delivery was horrible, not horrible just wasn't prepared for how it would feel, just very intense. I felt out of control and was crying and I was embarassed by the way I was. My second natural labor, I was so calm because I knew what it would feel like and that was ok. The good news is, you did it, and believe me, I was a mess and making a scene too with my first pain med labor and delivery!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
February 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a story! Awesome job at delivering med free! You're a better woman than I am!

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

February 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EmilysMama~ View Post
Wow! What a story! Awesome job at delivering med free! You're a better woman than I am!

I wish I could say that I had the choice but I didn't and I never in a million years thought that I would be able to do it. You do what you have to i suppose... I can honestly say that even if this weren't my last baby i would NEVER choose to not get pain meds lol if you can do that than great for you but it wasn't the experience i wanted :-/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search