Bryce John-Mason's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the T&Ps yesterday ladies!!!! I decided to get on and write it all down this morning, while everything is fresh in my mind and before things get away from me and I never get around to writing it, like what happened with Evalyn lol.

Our little boy was born at 36 weeks gestation on February 1, 2011 weighing in at 7lb 1oz and 21 inches long...not too shabby! A little bigger then he was expected to be (about 6 1/2 pounds). After several days of inconsistent contractions, the early stages of labor started on Monday evening, and lasted about 24 hours before we were ready to leave for L&D. That was the worst part, horrible back labor, and I certainly felt like it was above the normal realm of pain. Back labor is the worst, let me tell you...this is the second time I experienced it. I progressed very slowly in the early stages, but once things got going, they went fast. I was 4cm dilated and completely effaced when I was first checked at the hospital, around 4:30pm, i was 7cm a little before 8 and ready to start pushing by 8:30. Labor was horrible, but manageable (comparing it to Evalyn's birth lol).

I got to labor the way I wanted, my doctor was very supportive of that. i walked around as much as I could, made use of the birthing ball and tub. I made my labor playlist and had that going the entire time, and I'm eternally glad I made it! No meds at all, I wasn't even tempted this time! My doctor was completely stoked that I made it as far as I did (and so am I!) but I was going to be delivered by another doctor...there was a storm and mine wasn't even on call, but he came in just to deliver my baby!!! My 11 year old and 4 year old daughters were in the room for the birth. My sister took my 4 year old out of the majority of the labor process, and came back just before he was born, but my 11 year old was there for the whole thing and she was very helpful, I'm so glad she got to experience this! She got to cut the cord Delivery was fast, 25 minutes of pushing and he was out! No tearing and we knew before he was completely born that he had a good set of lungs lol. He is completely healthy and perfect, a wonderful size and a champion breastfeeder! After my impossibly hard pregnancy, the Lord truly blessed us with a wonderful birth and a beautiful baby boy that made every second bearable. I'm doing pretty well now, I'm totally exhausted and I'm still in pain obviously but I can't complain. I have a healthy little boy, and I am actually up and moving around this morning. God is AMAZING!

Now we just have to name him. It figures, since Johnathan was the name David picked out and completely insisted on naming him since we found out it was a boy, only to change his mind a few hours before our baby's birth. I think though, that since it's his father's name, he has the right to veto it if he decides he's uncomfortable or whatever using it. It would have been nice if he'd decided a week, or even a day before his birth so we weren't stuck with a nameless newborn, but in the scheme of things I suppose it's not a huge deal. We're stuck on names though...David still wants to use Johnathan as a middle name, but I'm not about to give up naming him after my angel son, mason. So, we're looking at maybe two middle names, which I've never been fond of especially two longer names like "Johnathan Mason."

We are considering Anthony Johnathan Mason...either Tony or AJ for short. It was on my list at the start and I love the name, I'm just not sure if its "his name" but that could be because to me he's still Johnathan lol. Zayne is another option, it's been leading the boys name list for my last 3 pregnancies, I just don't like how it flows with Johnathan Mason. It's a mouthful. We really just don't know, we nver thought about names because it's always been Johnathan! Suggestions are welcome!! We want him to be named before we leave the hospital!

I slept OK, up several times to feed him...David stayed up all night he said, watching the baby sleep! So sweet!!!!!!

Pics to come as soon as we are home! I just wanted to get this written before a mass load of visitors comes today!

________

7pm 2/2/11, his name is Bryce John-Mason!
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

Last edited by Dacontay4; February 2nd, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
February 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yahoo! you did great Alex! So happy for you and your family
Can't wait to see pics
February 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I"m so happy for you! I hope you guys come up with a name soon.. I like AJ! He was pretty big for 36 weeks, could you imagine 4 more weeks? He would have been 9.5-10lbs!

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

February 2nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing! Glad everything went well and thanks for the update. Hooray for the healthy baby boy! Can't wait to see pictures
February 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
Blessingsfromabove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a big boy he is!!

Glad everything went so well. Can't wait to see pics! I hope you guys find a name that's perfect for you! Enjoy your new bundle of JOY!!! CONGRATS again!! =)

~Tina~
February 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man he would have been ENORMOUS if I waited a few more weeks....but then, I did also have a nearly 6 pound 33 1/2 weeker lol. We're glad he's big, he doesn't seem premature at all.
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

February 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Super Mommy
How awesome, Alex! So happy for you and your familiy - what a great size he was, too! Enjoy these few days of relaxing in the hospital, and I hope he has a name, soon!

blessed to share my life with

Brian - greatest husband ever
Kailee - 8
Gracie - 4
Kaden - 3
& our new baby:
Mollie Faith - 3/7/11

our angels born sleeping, always missed & loved:
Emilee -18 weeks, 11/2004
Samuel - 17 weeks, 12/2009

February 2nd, 2011, 05:56 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Congratulations Alex! What a great birth story. I am going to move your post over to our birth story subforum in a few days so it doesn't get lost.

Congrats again!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 2nd, 2011, 06:02 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Alex!!! I'm so happy for you guys, and I loved reading your birth story. I cannot wait to see pictures of him and of course find out what his name turns out being.
February 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
NewbieMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Such a great story, I'm so glad he's healthy and happy! Congrats and good luck with the names!

February 2nd, 2011, 06:05 AM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful birth story- you did so amazing keeping him backing that long!

Do you have any pics

I like Anthony Johnathan Mason OR Zayne Johnathan Mason- and as far as Zayne being a mouth full...I actually think it sounds better with the 2 middle names because it has only 1 syllable as far as using Anthony it has 3, Johnathan has 3, plus Mason has 2 (7 total syllables + last name)...at least with Zayne he has a really short 1 syllable first name. Really though, I love them both, you can't go wrong!
February 2nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
KariE's Avatar Kari
Congrats! I am so happy for you! I teared up when I read your birth story....thanks so much for sharing! Enjoy the time with your new little bundle of joy. I am sure you guys will come up with the perfect name soon enough!
February 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
aitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Alex. Sounds like you did a great job and a healthy little boy at the end of such bumpy road.
February 2nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Super Mommy
What a great way to end a challenging pregnancy! Enjoy everything minute with your new baby! Congrats!!!

February 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm do glad you and he are doing well!!!! Sounds like once it really picked up it went fairly fast from there on out. After all that prodrominal (early) labor!

I, of course, like Zayne. And I agree with Anna. With 2 middle names a short first name sounds good. Otherwise it is quite a mouthful.

I can't wait for pics!!!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

February 2nd, 2011, 06:49 AM
jillianw's Avatar Veteran
CONGRATS!! Welcome! Can't wait to see pics!
February 2nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
happymommy2010's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!! You made me cry!!! LOL! I am so glad your precious lil miracle is here, can not wait to see pics!!!

THANK YOU HEATHERW FOR MY WONDERFUL SIGGY!!!!

TERRI~~~~PROUD MOMMY TO SS LOGAN~16, SS BRETT~12, DD CALIEGH~8, DS BRYCE~4, DS GRAYSON~2 AND HAYDEN 2/24/11 ~~~~5 angel babies above~~~~

HAPPILY MARRIED TO LOVING DH BUCKY FOR 10 YEARS IN JAN!!
February 2nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you! alex!!! Glad to hear he is healthy and doing well and you are recovering well too

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

February 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search