Baby Serenity's Birth story...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Jinna's Avatar Serenity's Mama!
On Jan. 22nd I thought, today is going to be the day! I was trying so hard to get her to come with natural induction since around 37 weeks, since I was so uncomfortable. Anyways...I did some walking that day, DTD, used blue cohosh, RRL tea, squats, bouncing on birthing ball, jumping around, acupressure, whatever I could think of. When I was walking the mall it started to become real hard to walk, so we decided maybe we should go in just to see what was going on. We went home got everything rounded up, took the kids to my sisters & off we went. I was contracting but nothing intense, I was just real uncomfortable. I got all hooked up in triage & was contracting I think about every 3 mins. I was checked & I was at about a 4. The on call OB said, she is a mother of four & she knows how uncomfortable I was getting & said that they were admitting me & I was going to have a baby that day. I was told that they would probably need to break my waters & if I didn't progress on my own they would use pitocin. I agreed, knowing once my water breaks I start contracting more heavily & dialate pretty quickly. I got all settled in to my birthing room & got an epi. right away. It worked great, at first, after getting stuck twice because the first time he messed up. After getting my epi. They broke my water. I think when I dialated to about a 6 my epi. started to wear off & I felt the contractions more and more. I told the nurse & they allowed me to press the button to disburse more medicine, but it wasn't working & the contractions started getting more & more intense! Finally the nurses decided to check my epi. since the pain was getting unbearable, as if I had no meds what so ever. They checked it & my epi came out! The medicine leaked out all over the bed. I guess it was a really bad tape job. The other anesthesiologist was in the OR, performing surgery so we had to wait to get another in place. I was dialated to about a 7 I beleive at that point. When the other anesthesiologist arrived she was surprised to see that it came out, she had not seen that in 10 yrs. She quickly gave me a new one & it worked really well & I was happy because the pain was getting really bad & I could no longer take it. After I got the new epi. it was about time for me to start pushing. After I started pushing they gave me some oxygen to help my breathing. I was then told that the baby's heart rate was dropping and I needed to deliver soon or a vaccum or foreceps would be used. I was not having that & started pushing with all my might! I pushed her out in about 15 mins. That is the quickest I have ever pushed with any of my kids. After she was born she was immediately taken to suction her out, because she aspirated meconium. She was given oxygen & it took awhile to get her all suctioned out & breathing well. Then I finally got to hold her she was considered a healthy baby. Serenity Marie born, 1-22 (39wks.) @ 11:50 pm and weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. 20 1/4 in. no apisiotomy, or tearing. I did have a flap of skin removed on the outside, from my last delivery that required 1 stitch. 4.5 hr. labor from the time my water was broke. The next morning I was scheduled to have my tubal ligation & they kept my epi. intact & added more medicine to it rather then giving me a new epi. or putting me under. Surgery went well & I was back up to see my baby girl in no time. Recovery was painful, but not as bad as I suspected with the tubal and all. I did not have nearly as much cramping after delivery either, like I had with my DD #1. That was a nice surprise because I worried it would be worse. I am now 12 days out & feeling good, still some aches and pains but that will happen. Serenity had her check up today & checked out pretty good. She weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz. which is slightly lower then expected, she should be back up to her birth weight 7.8, but it was no real concern. We are taking her back next week to re check her weight. Her umbilical cord also fell off today & looked a little infected and stuck out. The Dr. said that can be normal & she may have a little umbilical hernia, but it should go away on it's own. Serenity is a big eater & I feel like all I do is hold her & feed her. I am breastfeeding , but have also been supplementing with formula to make sure she is eating enough. I primarily breastfeed however & I am also pumping to keep my milk coming in & to store up some milk. She is a pretty good baby & will sleep through the night as long as she is well feed. She will wake up for feedings 1-2 times in the night. We are so in love with our sweet baby girl & I feel complete now & could not be happier!

Jinna Wife to Jerry~Mom to~ Ashton, (11) Conner, (8) Kailey, (4) & Serenity

Last edited by Jinna; February 4th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
February 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! It sounds like you had a great birth. I can't believe the epi fell out, how crazy! Congrats on your new bundle!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search