Sabrina's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran
Hello everyone. I have been pretty absent from the group as I had Sabrina last Wednesday and have been exhausted ever since. On Tuesday the 25th I was scheduled for an induction due to high blood pressure. My husband and I got there at 9am and I got hooked up to the monitors around 10. The induction medication that was used was Pitocin as I was already 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was able to handle the pain well but I still had my cold, which seemed to get worse through each contraction. By the time 6pm rolled around, my lower abdomen hurt so bad that I had a hard time even breathing…so I knew that in order to relax so that I would progress, I needed to have some sort of pain relief. Ever since receiving the epidural, I had horrible upper back pain, which made things even more difficult for me. At 5:30 am on the 26th, I was at a 5cm, which I had been at for a long time…the doctor then started talking about a c-section. By 6:15 rolled around, I was being prepped and was given more pain medication so that my upper back wouldn’t hurt. My daughter was born at 6:31 and I really don’t remember much about it because immediately after, I started feeling excruciating pain to where they ended up putting me to sleep. My husband said I was trying to fight being put to sleep but they couldn’t have me lying there screaming on the table. After that, they made him leave. I do remember saying she had a lot of hair and asking if she was indeed a she. However, I don’t remember hearing measurements or anything of that sort. The surgery was over at 7ish and they placed me into a holding recovery room. I awoke to my husband holding my daughter and to the nurse asking me if I needed anymore medication…I was still in some pain so they gave me more medication and the rest of the time I was fighting falling asleep again as I just wanted to spend time with my little one. We got placed in our actual room an hour or so after that and I immediately wanted to nurse and then sleep. I was able to nurse with the help of a lactation consultant (I supposedly have flat nipples so I had to use a nipple shield) but I was unable to sleep. That night my husband and I had a difficult time. He is extremely grouchy when it comes to being woken up and since I was unable to do anything, I had to rely on him and his grouchiness. Tension got bad as he was getting even more tired (mind you, I had not slept at all) so I sent him home on that’s Thursday and had my parents come and help out. Luckily on Friday we were able to leave. My recovery process has not been so well…I still have my cough which obviously hurts my staples….and I have had horrible neck pain which has now turned into back pain. However, with all of that, I have my adorable little girl and couldn’t ask for anything more. I will say though, I don’t seem to be producing much milk (seriously only like 1oz a day, if that) so I have been having to formula feed, which is something I didn’t want to do. But, beggars can’t be choosers…and I’m extremely lucky to have such a healthy little one. By the way, she was 7lbs 14.6oz and was 19 inches long. Pictures are posted on facebook.
March 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a rough time It's kind of funny that men absolutely cannot endure what women do. When my DH starts complaining I remind him that I have not sleep consistently for more than 4 hours in 8 weeks.

March 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you are feeling better. I had to be knocked out during my c/s, too, because of the pain. I remember bits and pieces of it though. Congrats on your little girl!

March 31st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Veteran
Thanks guys! I am doing much much better now
April 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
Cant bellieve I never read your birth story. So sorry it went like that but so happy everything turned out a-ok! Sabrina is just a doll.. a real living DOLL <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search