Ethan Kade's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2011, 04:58 AM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't experienced BH at all during my pregnancy, so I was beginning to believe I would never go into labor. I didn't completely mind because I'd been comfortable the whole time, but I just didn't want my husband to get here on leave and Ethan not show up until after DH had to go back. In an attempt to start progressing a little bit I had started going for walks during the day and doing squats at night hoping it would do a little something. Wednesday the 26th I was on the DDC chat and we were all talking about trying to induce labor. I felt perfectly fine as usual and when the chat ended I went to bed.

Around 2:30-ish in the morning on the 27th I woke up in pain. I had no idea what was going on because I had never felt that before and it didn't seem like what regular contractions had been described to me as. While I was trying to figure out what was going on I noticed that my panties felt kind of wet. I went to the restroom and they were indeed wet, but it wasn't a lot and nothing else was coming out so I was thinking (hoping) it was nothing. Went back to my bed and was trying to figure out what the pains were, still in denial because they were coming in at intervals but not what I thought contractions would be. I actually posted on the board asking everyone what could be going on... and then I felt another gush. I knew for sure what was going on at that point and woke up my mother because she was the one driving me to the hospital. Once I woke her up I broke down crying because I didn't want to be in labor until my husband got here- I was very upset. My mom started running around and I told her to calm down- we had a while since I had only just woken up about 30-45 minutes beforehand... even though I was feeling the contractions every few minutes. A few minutes after that I decided we should probably go. The hospital is about 15 minutes from where we live, and when we got there my contractions were getting a lot stronger. They got me into a room and when the nurse checked me I was already at a 6!!

They gave me my epidural and I felt so much better. They came back about 30-45 minutes after administering it to check me again and I was at a 10!! Ethan was still a little high up so they had me push a few times to try to bring him down more. I then layed on my side with one leg on the stirrup, and a little while later I was ready to start pushing my son! It's definitely a weird feeling- pushing with an epidural. I felt no pain, barely any pressure. Then at 9:02 my baby boy Ethan made his entrance into the world at 7 lbs. 4 oz. It was amazing- I have no idea what I did to get such an easy pregnancy and delivery.

The doctors and staff were all amazed at how fast and easy it was for me.. especially considering this was my first. Everyone is pretty sure that my next babies in the future are going to come out so fast I won't have time for an epidural, and I definitely believe that.

It all may not have happened the way I wanted/expected with my husband not being here, but he found out later that day and we got to skype with him, and now he's here with us and gets to be with Ethan the whole time. I'm so happy and blessed with a great family and wouldn't have it any other way!
February 10th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is such a great story! Everything always works out in the end and I am so happy that you are with your husband now enjoying baby Ethan. It sounds like you had an awesome experience and I am so happy to hear that! I can only wish that I have a similar experience!!

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

February 10th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again!! What a great story. I'm so glad that DH is home with you now. When I read your post I remember thinking "Holy crap! We were just talking in chat!"

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
February 10th, 2011, 07:10 AM
AmieK623's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you had an easy delivery! And I'm really glad that your DH gets to be home with you and Ethan the whole time!

February 10th, 2011, 07:18 AM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great birth story!

I think it all worked out for the best, so that your hubby could spend as much time as possible with his son. Maybe that's why you lucked out w/ an easy labor...the universe knew it would be hard for you to go through it without your husband.

[

February 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
I'm so glad it was an easy pregnancy and labor for you. Enjoy your time as a family

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

February 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what a great story, and it turned out for the best so your husband could spend every moment with Ethan

February 10th, 2011, 09:35 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a pretty perfect labor and delivery....one that many of us dream of, but aren't so lucky. Congratulations!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
I agree with all the PP Your a lucky women! Enjoy your new family!
February 17th, 2011, 04:40 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSara1980 View Post
What a great birth story!

I think it all worked out for the best, so that your hubby could spend as much time as possible with his son. Maybe that's why you lucked out w/ an easy labor...the universe knew it would be hard for you to go through it without your husband.
I agree with this, and congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search