We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Thursday, January 27th 2011
For the past two days I had been throwing up, unable to keep anything down - even water. Matt put in a call to Dr. Miller, wanting to make sure there wasn't any cause for concern. They ended up wanting to see us, so at 3:00pm we went into the office. We saw my doctor who put orders for us to be admitted into Labor & Delivery for dehydration, which is not what we were expecting. He also said if I was feeling better the following day, we would just induce Friday instead of Monday. So, we went to the ER and checked in, where they took me to L&D and I got situated into a room. As I was waiting in bed it was now 6PM, I started feeling contractions that were coming about 5-7 minutes apart. When the nurse came in to set me up for an IV, she asked if I was in any pain. I told her about the contractions, so she set me up on the contraction monitor to see how they were. They were coming quicker now, and wrapping all around my back. She decided to check my cervix and I was 3-4 centimeters dilated. That Monday I was a 1-2, so the nurses were thinking I was in labor - not dehydrated. They put in a call to my doctor who still wanted me to have two bags of IV fluids. The contractions were super painful since they were all in my back, I just wanted pain relief. Unfortunately, my doctor wouldn't let me have any until I was 6 centimeters dilated because of the dehydration, he wanted to make sure my fluids were replenished beforehand. They were able to give me some IV pain relief, which took the edge off the contractions for a while. By 8pm I had progressed to a 5 and a half and was moved from the observation room to a delivery room where I stuck it out until I could get my epidural since I passed on another shot of IV medication.
Around midnight I was a 7 and that's where everything stalled. I received my epidural but a few hours later the pain was coming back and I was feeling everything, including the catheter. The anesthesiologist came back and we noticed the epidural had fallen out of my back. So, he did another one and the pain had started to fade.
By 6am I had no more changes to my cervix. I was having back labor, the baby was still high and still posterior. The doctor would be in around 8am, but he wasn't going to give me anything to help my labor until that afternoon. So, we waited it out until he would come to the hospital. Finally, at 4pm he came in and started me on piton and broke my water. Then things got moving. 45 minutes later, I was 7-8 but the baby was still high. My contractions were coming every 2 minutes and I was feeling them through the epidural. They repositioned me to sit up, hoping gravity would do the trick and get him to engage. By 6PM I was fully dilated and the baby was dropping down. The doctor came into the room around 6:30PM and got the room ready for me to push. I kept feeling contractions and just dying to push, finally they let me and in one long push our baby boy was born. We were in the hospital for 24 hours before Ryder made his appearance, but I was only in active labor for about 8-9 hours. My longest and most painful labor I've had so far, but he was so worth every second of it.
20.5 Inches long