Aidan Kaleb's Birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
I arrived at the hospital at 4:00 a.m. Monday morning feb. 7th to be induced. I was trying for a Vbac and was very lucky to have a wonderful Dr. that was willing to give me that chance. They had my room all set up and ready for me. It took about an hour for them to get started with the lowest dose of Pitocin. They had to get all my lab work first and hook me up to the machines and I.V. put in ect.
I started off at being 60 percent effaced and dialated to 2cm.
I was having very irregular contractions and they kept bumping up my pitocin every hour.
Around 10:00 a.m. I was starting to really feel the contractions and thought for sure I was progressing. When they checked me I was really let down because I was only at a 4 or 5. The contractions were regular now though and the Dr. came in and decided to break my water. Everything was clear and looked great though. They decided to put something on my uterous to moniter just exactly how hard I was contracting and how much stress it was putting on my utereus. I forget what it is called now though. Around. 11:00 I was in a lot of pain and didn't think I could handle it much longer. I should have known by that that it would over soon but in that moment I asked for an epideral. It took him about an hour to get there which seemed like FOREVER. As he was giving me the epidural I seen a bad look come across my nurses face and my husbands. THen the guy started telling me he had accidently went in too far and punctured a hole causeing my spinal fluid to leak. Soooo instead of getting a epi I ended up getting a spinal and was COMPLETELY numb. I could'nt move my legs AT all. He told me it should wear off in an hour which would be in plenty of time to be able to push my baby out so no worried there but that I would probably get spinal headache from it ect. Soo at that time I was a little freaked out but wasn't feeling any pain and was just trying to relax. My nurse soon after checked me and was shocked because I went from a 5 to a 9 and she was scared the baby was going to come out in the bed before the Dr. could get back to me.They were starring out the window waiting for him, mean while i am still completely numb. As soon as the Dr. showed up they got my legs up and everything ready then had me push as hard as i could. I pushed for about 2 minutes and out he came. Dh cut the cord and then i got to hold him right away. I ended up not needing any stitches at all. Everything went great until later that night the headaches started. It was horrible, i couldnt sit up with out my head pounding. That next morning they took me in to have my tubes tied and so I stayed an extra night at the hospital. They released me Wed. and I was still having the horrible headaches. Today it the first day that I have'nt been bed ridden. It was the most misrable exp and I wish I would have never gotten the epidural. IT was'nt worth being down all week with intense headaches. I couldn't even set up in bed for a few minutes with out them starting.

I am very thankful to have gotten a successful Vbac though.

Aidan Kaleb was born at 1:27 pm
7 lbs 14.4 ounces and 19 3/4 in.

February 14th, 2011, 12:25 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy for you that you got your VBAC. Sorry about the spinal...that sucks. I remember the headaches...and they suck. Not looking forward to them this time. Other than that...I'm so glad you didn't have any other issues, and that he got here safe and sound. Congrats....he's adorable!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 14th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you.
February 17th, 2011, 04:45 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so handsome, and congrats on thevbac! Awesome job mommy! Glad to hear that your headaches are getting better.
February 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for the Vbac! He is handsome.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

March 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my spinal headache for a full week horrible. I would cry nursing my daughter. If your still having the way to heal it is to lay flat on your back on the floor for as long as you can. I did it for 20 minutes and my headache was gone!

Congrast on your VBAC! What a great story.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search