We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Wednesday, February 9th - I began having contractions early in the morning. I decided to time them with the Contraction Calc on my phone because they seemed to be coming pretty frequently.
11am - I called my doctors office to let them know I was having these contractions but they were all over the place. The nurse called me back and told me that I should keep timing them and proceed to come in to my appointment as scheduled.
2:30pm - Once I arrived at the doctors office I was checked for dilation and I was still only 1-2cm dilated, cervix closed. The doc & I discussed what would take place next. I would come in Saturday to start Cytotec and if I didn't go into labor then Sunday I'd be induced. I was set up for an NST and the contractions slowed down to about 10 minutes apart.
I went back home and continued timing the contractions. As the hours went by the contractions got a little more intense. I tried to get some sleep but it was just impossible.
Thursday, February 10th 2:46am - I gave the doc office a call to let them know I think I needed to head to the hospital! They called the hospital to let them know I was on my way.
3:30am - I arrived at the hospital and examined immediately. I was 50% effaced and still 1-2cm dilated. The on call doctor decided it would be best to admit me.
4am - I was given some medicine through an IV to take the edge off the contractions and it was supposed to make me sleep. It certainly made me drowsy but I barely got any sleep. The doctor gave me the option of pitocin so we could move things along and I decided that would be just fine. The medicine through the IV started to wear off and I asked for more. The nurse told me it would be ok if I got an epidural but I felt like it was too early.
11am - The contractions became extremely intense and I asked for the epidural. Once the epidural was placed the nurse asked me if I was still feeling the contractions and unfortunately I WAS. My left leg was a little numb but that was it. The anesthesiologist figured the dosage wasn't strong enough and tried to give me something else. That didn't work either. The decision was made that they would need to take the epidural out and try to place it somewhere else along my spine and hope that it works.
The second attempt was made and around that time my sister came to visit. While we were talking the nurse asked if I felt anything. I told her no, she said I had just had a contraction! I was completely shocked and felt like this was too good to be true! My pain went from a 10 to a 0.
4pm - Because I was expecting a big baby the doctor came to talk with me about the risks of vaginal delivery with a baby that size. If the baby did not drop by 6-7cm we would have to think about a c section.
5pm - By the grace of God I was at 6-7cm dilated and baby was in position! This was a huge relief.