Cameron Michael - LOTS OF PICS

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cameron Michael
2-10-11 Ė 7:53AM Ė 6LBS 14 Ĺ Ounces 19 1/2 Inches

David and I woke up around 4am to get ready to go to the hospital because I had to be there a few hours in advance to get prepped and have blood work done since I hadnít gone earlier. By this point I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep but I was so excited it didnít matter! We got to the hospital and I was taken to a L&D room right away to get everything going. The nurse drew blood, put in my IV and shaved me and then they left us alone for a bit. Probably around 7am two other nurses and the guy with the epidural came in to finish prepping me for surgery. The epidural was actually not that bad, the most pain I felt was the tiny sting when he put the numbing medicine in me and then I felt him like scrapping the big needle against my spine but that didnít hurt at all it just felt weird. After they put that in the nurse put in the catheter which I didnít feel at all and then they put my funny hat on and some socks and a few other things including having David get scrubs on and then we were on our way to the c-section OR!

Once they had me in the room they lifted me over to the bed and put the drapes up and such and the doctor came in, I remember looking at the clock when they brought me in and it was around 7:40am so they actually started a bit later than that, before I know it David is back in and my doctor had started, I didnít even know she had until I felt tugging and pulling and pressure. I started shaking a bit but I was able to calm myself down a bit and they put warm blankets on me so that helped a lot, the anesthesiologist gave me some meds to help calm me down but I donít remember if that was before or after Cameron was here. The meds made me feel really high but I fought to stay away and not dizzy for my baby boy. Soon enough I felt a ton of pressure and then Cameron Michael was here at 7:53am! David and I had bet on his weight with the stakes being his middle name and the doctors/nurses knew this and I had bet he was lower than 8lbs 6ounces so when the doctor lifted him out they all told me I had won and I was so excited! They lifted him up over the sheet so I could see him for a second and he was so small! I couldnít believe how tiny he was after having my daughter so big! They took him and got him cleaned up which seemed like it took forever but then they brought him over to David and I for a few minutes and we got pictures before David went with him to the nursery. It seemed like it took forever but they finally finished my surgery and when they were done I remember feeling a ton of pressure on my stomach and I remember being so glad I couldnít feel anything cause the nurses were pressing really hard to get the blood out.

Once they cleaned me up a bit they took me to recovery and I got my stomach pressed on some more but my epidural wasnít in anymore so I felt it this time and it hurt. It didnít take very long for them to let David come back in and for them to bring Cam in to me and after they brought him in I got to nurse him for a while before they took him back out to get him cleaned up some more. I donít remember how long I was in recovery but it didnít seem like it was too long. They finally took me to my recovery room and David and I stayed in there and waited for my parents to bring my daughter to meet her new brother, they had Cam stay in the nursery until Haley got there and then they finally brought him back in where he stayed for most of the rest of the time we were in the hospital.

Cam is such a sweet little guy, he only really cries when he is hungry and he sleeps most of the time My daughter is totally in love with her little brother and loves to hold him and give him kisses, she's also totally obsessed with his tiny feet He is such a cutie and I could sit and hold him and stare at him all day because I am totally in love with my new little man and even though I cried and cried the night before he was born about my daughter not being my only child anymore I can't imagine my life without both of them in it!

Here's a few pictures from my phone, I have more on my Facebook

Thank you so much for my beautiful siggy Meganpixel!!!

Last edited by Haley & Cami's Mommy; February 18th, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
February 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Purple654's Avatar Rhett's Mommy
Aww that last picture is soo funny with his little grin! Congrats! He is a cutie!

February 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! Love the pics!

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

February 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Love the pic in the striped outfit with his wrinkled forehead! He's such a cutie!

[

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search